Andrew Fifita

ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
Tiger_heart

Andrew Fifita

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:11 am

I think it will be appropriate to unleash against the Chokers...is Sheensy saving him for this game?? :(

GlennC

Post by GlennC » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:31 am

I really think Fifita should be getting more game time.

Fair dinkum he's gotta be losing match fitness atm.

15 before halftime and midway through the 2nd half at the very least and get him to rip and tear.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:40 am

I understand he has been great this year but the only standout last light from him was innefective hitups and poor and slow marker defence and line speed.

Confident if Sheens or Folkes sits him down this week he will imprive.

Looked overawed by the occasion last night for me.

Send him out for the Magpies today and give him 40 minutes

willow

Post by willow » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:55 am

smeghead wrote:I understand he has been great this year but the only standout last light from him was innefective hitups and poor and slow marker defence and line speed.

Confident if Sheens or Folkes sits him down this week he will imprive.

Looked overawed by the occasion last night for me.

Send him out for the Magpies today and give him 40 minutes
Good call, I'd give him some gametime for the Magpies. Last night's game was played at a good pace and this is one area that big Andy needs to work on as his lateral defence and marker defence are his weakest areas at the moment. Another off-season will do wonders for him, Dwyer and Lui IMO, they've all got good football brains but further physical development will help them for next year.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:06 am

he wouldnt be eligible to play for the magpies this week would he

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:13 am

i rarely question sheens thoughts on his bench and it's use.i have agreed with his selection policy of a back on the bench all season,and fully grasp why.

but playing fifita in the last 10min is a major mistake in my eyes.
you need to play him during the grind of a game.
to have him come on when a team is most likely to play hot potato is a huge disadvantage for him even when he is fresh.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:17 am

bonstonker wrote:i rarely question sheens thoughts on his bench and it's use.i have agreed with his selection policy of a back on the bench all season,and fully grasp why.

but playing fifita in the last 10min is a major mistake in my eyes.
you need to play him during the grind of a game.
to have him come on when a team is most likely to play hot potato is a huge disadvantage for him even when he is fresh.
Good call! His attack is his huge weapon but it's no secret that he needs to work on his defence. If you put him out on the last 10 minutes and expect him to do some goal line defence...Hmm.... doubt he can pull it off TBH.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:55 am

OK........Is this how it works....

Galloway, Gibbs, and Payten start...Our three best and most experienced front rowers.....

Keith rips in then Barb comes on Payten shifts to the front row.....then bare with me...Payten gets a rest ...Liam comes on Barb plays psudo front row for a bit....then goes off ....Keithy goes back on...All the while our prime backrowers Ellis and Heighington play the full 40 along with Gibbs...

Then in the second half....Gibbo gets a rest...Fifita gets a stint...Galloway swaps with Payto and the fact of the matter is we always have 2 of our best front rowers on the field at the 1 time...

Fifita is pure impact...the trends of the last 2 games have been such that it better to have our best defenders on the field...I hope that Sheens gets the opportunity to unleash Fifita against the Dragons cause he could do some damage...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:01 pm

Barb Dwyer...................... Nice

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:01 pm

Would you start Fifita against the Dragons? Against his Uncle Johnny's side?
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:10 pm

Isn't it that Payten and Galloway start at prop. Galloway gets a rest, Fults comes on and goes to second row whilst Gibbs moves to front row. Then, Payten gets a rest Dwyer comes on. Then the prop rotation of Payten, Gibbs and Galloway. Then, in the last 10-15 minutes when we are infront Sheens tries to finish the game off by putting Fifita the X- Factor in but we don't get any good field position in the last 10-15 minutes and have to do some goal line defence.

This means Fifita is gone to waste!! So, hopefully he is unleashed earlier on in the second half!!
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:14 pm

Good potential, but very, very, unfit. He needs a very hard off season under his belt. Then watch out!

willow

Post by willow » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:20 pm

senexx wrote:Would you start Fifita against the Dragons? Against his Uncle Johnny's side?
There's no way I'd be starting him, but i would be using him at the backend of the first half.

Guy

Post by Guy » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:31 pm

willow wrote:There's no way I'd be starting him, but i would be using him at the backend of the first half.
X2
Need to break that line of theirs early and get a few under our belt (easier said than done) and bring him on fresh to keep the strain on.
Unfortunately as soon as he came on momentum swung their way, probably due to the tackle count being restarted unluckily by result of him. I am confident that he will make more of an impact if brought in during the first half

lathami

Post by lathami » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 2:16 pm

Guy wrote:
willow wrote:There's no way I'd be starting him, but i would be using him at the backend of the first half.
X2
Need to break that line of theirs early and get a few under our belt (easier said than done) and bring him on fresh to keep the strain on.
Unfortunately as soon as he came on momentum swung their way, probably due to the tackle count being restarted unluckily by result of him. I am confident that he will make more of an impact if brought in during the first half
X3

The fetus needs to b injected in the 25-30 minute. The problem is for a player like him, putting him in late in the second half puts way to much pressure on him! Bring him on early for a stint,then take him off 10 into the second half, and bring him back on with 10 to go. Then you will see how good he will go!!!!!

He is a gun! and with saint borings up next week we need an impact player to tear holes in their good defence, he is the man for the job he will also suck their defenders in which we need!

Bring on the fetus!!!!

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 3:53 pm

lathami wrote:
Guy wrote:
X2
X3

The fetus needs to b injected in the 25-30 minute. The problem is for a player like him, putting him in late in the second half puts way to much pressure on him! Bring him on early for a stint,then take him off 10 into the second half, and bring him back on with 10 to go. Then you will see how good he will go!!!!!

He is a gun! and with saint borings up next week we need an impact player to tear holes in their good defence, he is the man for the job he will also suck their defenders in which we need!

Bring on the fetus!!!!

x4
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 7:58 pm

i feel sheens see's him defensively as a weakness, and since we've been ahead (for the last 2 games) anyway he doesnt wanna bring him on unless we need points.

just my observations id like to see some more of him though!!
tigers!

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 8:05 pm

The last two games have been against sides who's strength is their attack. Fifita's defence is his weakness. ie. he got given minimal game time.
The Dragons strength is their defence not their attack.
I'm hoping we see a fair bit more of Fifita because the Dragons won;t be testing his defence as much so Sheens' can leave him on the field for longer to use his strength in attack.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.