Forward Passes

LukeH

Forward Passes

Post by LukeH » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 9:50 pm

Why are referees so scared to pull forward passes up these days?
Why can't the video ref rule on them, because sure as eggs you see it forward on a replay, it's forward! :deadhorse:

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 9:54 pm

I only saw it once but i thought the pass for the last try was forward
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigerstripes

Post by Tigerstripes » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 9:55 pm

Irrelevant. We should never have let them get into that position to win in the first place.

Don't blame the ref. It's weak. Souths were hungrier and played well to win.

LukeH

Post by LukeH » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 9:58 pm

Well seeing as the rabbits were offside on the last play of the game right in front of maxwell, considering the last pass was forward, considering they should have had a player sent off for a high shot, I think I can shovel out some blame to maxwell quite rightly. Those calls change the game, and maxwell quite effectively changed the game thanks very much.

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 9:59 pm

same here, saw it once as it happened, then left the room when i realised the pass hadnt been pulled up and would therefore be given a try.

oh and i agree Tigerstripes , how they didnt tackle wesser 40 metres further up the field i do not know. not to mention the other 50 odd stuff ups we made that lead directly to tries.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:54 am

LukeH wrote:Well seeing as the rabbits were offside on the last play of the game right in front of maxwell, considering the last pass was forward, considering they should have had a player sent off for a high shot, I think I can shovel out some blame to maxwell quite rightly. Those calls change the game, and maxwell quite effectively changed the game thanks very much.

yep, also Luke milking the penalty which led to their first try. no one touched him...

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 12:51 pm

LukeH wrote:Well seeing as the rabbits were offside on the last play of the game right in front of maxwell, considering the last pass was forward, considering they should have had a player sent off for a high shot, I think I can shovel out some blame to maxwell quite rightly. Those calls change the game, and maxwell quite effectively changed the game thanks very much.
I agree, I know we should have never let Souths back in the game, BUT all those things would have made a difference, I agree that the refs seems scared to give any penalties because it went into extra time! Go figure!!

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 1:13 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:same here, saw it once as it happened, then left the room when i realised the pass hadnt been pulled up and would therefore be given a try.

oh and i agree Tigerstripes , how they didnt tackle wesser 40 metres further up the field i do not know. not to mention the other 50 odd stuff ups we made that lead directly to tries.
You can put that down to the interchange. WT had a bunch of blokes who were young enough but were just too exhausted to run down a 40 year old hasbeen. This is clearly evident when Wesser slices them straight up the middle...
You're an idiot Sheens..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

habibsta33

Post by habibsta33 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 1:17 pm

video referees cant rule on forward passes as then you would see every try refered to the video referee..smart rule actually

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 1:29 pm

Year of no excuses guys we should of won by 30 if we wanna blame refs for last night were just hiding our own teams incompetence.true the refs sucked but our team was responsible for last night.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 1:46 pm

magpie mania wrote:Year of no excuses guys we should of won by 30 if we wanna blame refs for last night were just hiding our own teams incompetence.true the refs sucked but our team was responsible for last night.
i agree. but jared maxwell should not be allowed to referee any Wt matches. twice souths were miles offside and he didnt blow a penalty. once just before fulltime and again in the second period of extra time. when he refs us the big calls always go against us
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 2:24 pm

yeah blame the refs . for our ineptness.......the game was like an old reserve grade game used to be ... 64 points scored equals no defence ......i viewed the manly game ant that was classes above our game .......
stop making pathetic excuses for pathetic performances ......hey guys we struggled and were lucky v the shraks ... the warriors belted them on their homeground......enough said .....

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 2:30 pm

A few calls went against us last night including that last try off a forward pass and also the Tigers not getting a penalty on fulltime for offside markers.

But really we got what we deserved, no way should Souths of got back into that game last night.

I remember thinking when we were up 28-12 that we should win by 40 here, but instead we stopped to a standstill and Souths lifted.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!