Here comes the collapse...

cnx_tigers

Here comes the collapse...

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:00 pm

I was worried about this game after a mate went to training earlier this week and couldn't believe how 'casual' everyone was.

Facts are we have been scraping by only just against poor teams and have had a tonne of luck recently.

Tonight was a chance to cement a spot in the finals..........you know, that end of season event that our club has the worst record of reaching of any current NRL team. 14 up, Rabbits without 60% of their players.

And we lose.

Arm grabbing, softness, first play breakdowns, no communication, mentally weak.........all the hallmarks of a team that is way, way, way too casual.

There's a legit chance we'll lose to Penrith and Parra the next two weeks and be under a mountain of pressure to win one of our last two. It's pretty well known we have a history of folding at this time of the year. It's a legit chance of happening again fellas.

bhall

Post by bhall » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:03 pm

make no bones about it we will miss the finals, we are too soft

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:06 pm

yep , absolutely.

pearce_off

Post by pearce_off » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:07 pm

There is a chance ??? I can't see how we could possibly avoid a collapse after that - zero chance, 100% certainty.

MGB

Post by MGB » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:10 pm

I think 28 will be enough, if not I believe we are in real trouble going on form and the quality of opposition we have coming up.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:11 pm

This was our most likely chance to win a game leading into the finals. We won't win another without a big form reversal.

jasetiger

Post by jasetiger » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:12 pm

So we have Penrith,Parra , Storm & Titans last 4 rounds.......I smell another 9th place finish.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:13 pm

we ar soft got bashed up by a reserve grade side awful

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:14 pm

a collapse to say the least..... better we dont make the eight - new coach hopefully - a fresh new start - the beginning of something good - unless of course there IS a form reversal. i havent give up yet - this could be a good loss for us if there is such a thing
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:17 pm

We played ther team that BEAT US 50-10. Players spoke of it as the most embarrassing day of their careers. They had half their team out. If this wasn't enough for the Tigers to go out all guns blazing and own the game, then I give up. In some ways this makes it just as bad as the 50-10 loss.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:18 pm

I give this game as more embarrassing than the 50-10 loss. Considering who souths had on the bench.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:20 pm

tigergirlz wrote:We played ther team that BEAT US 50-10. Players spoke of it as the most embarrassing day of their careers. They had half their team out. If this wasn't enough for the Tigers to go out all guns blazing and own the game, then I give up. In some ways this makes it just as bad as the 50-10 loss.
Yep, we are playing the team that put 50 on us (who have 10 players out due to injury) with a chance to be equal first with a win. We end up 16 ahead at one stage in the game...

and we blow it.

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:21 pm

One would have to be concerned how they could mentally recover from this last minute loss against a side that was missing nearly all their forward pack and both of their centres!

They will need to win 1 game from their last four which include Penrith, Parramatta (away), Storm and Titans (away). The writing has been on the wall and yet we all hoped that the close ugly wins were actually a sign that we hadn't really hit form yet!

Unless the Tigers bring in a head shrink for the last 4 games then I have no confidence in our Coaching staff being able to get them back in the right frame of mind.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:22 pm

I would say it is on par with the embarrassment that occurred the first time we played them.

The entire club should be ashamed. It was pathetic.

Same s**t over and over again, it is like a broken record.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:30 pm

hate to say told you so

graham46

Post by graham46 » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:33 pm

jasetiger wrote:So we have Penrith,Parra , Storm & Titans last 4 rounds.......I smell another 9th place finish.
I said that 8 weeks ago!

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:33 pm

Look, I hate to say this...............but........a lot of our blokes have profiles that simply they don't deserve.

Benji has played 8 seasons of first grade footy and got his team to the finals once. As the "leader", no times.

Robbie deserves better, but facts are facts, he also hasn't ever led us to the finals.

Beau is on TV every odd week..........he's never even played a game of finals footy.

Lote acts like a superstar..........but he's been made to look like an old man the past few weeks from kicks.

Tim gets all the 'supercoach' stuff............but he's made the finals once in his past 17 attempts.

We just should be a desperate, desperate, desperate footy teams. These blokes should all be laying awake at night dreaming of making the finals. Instead, everyone is way too casual. Farah is the only one who really hurst after a loss.

The Penrith game next week will show how much we 'want' it. We should come out breathing fire if we really have the desire to do something and be a finals team.

If we are hungry.

I just don't know if we have that desire. After 5 years out............we should have been a hell of lot more hungry tonight.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:38 pm

We don't and won't have it. When have we ever showed the amount of hunger and aggression that wins the big games?

When it matters most we fold like a pack of weak dogs.