Here comes the collapse...

bhall

Re: Here comes the collapse...

Post by bhall » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:40 pm

souths reserve grade forwards belted our best forward pack( their reserves for reserves even belted us) how will we possibly compete wih the giants from Penrith next week?????

murr40

Post by murr40 » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:42 pm

well in some ways i hope we dont make the eight,and then we can have a clean out,first starting with the coaching staff and a few over paid and way over rated players......gee we are one very over rated side,getting beaten by a second rate south side,god only nos what the score would have been if they were at full strenght,maybe another 50 point flogging.......and that could be on the cards in the next few weeks.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:44 pm

weve become too cosy way too cosy the guy that wanted to check over sheens was sacked no pressure on him now does what he wants the team plays like stifff suits no mongrel no grit no heart no desparation

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:45 pm

the most glaring problem is that we have no fullback
unless mckinnon makes a recovery i dont think we have a chance against the better teams we'll be playing in the final rounds (read:all of them)

ryan, brown, fitzy, none of them have a clue when it comes to defending at the back, and if they didnt realise this the last few weeks, the whole comp would have realised it tonight

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:49 pm

Unfortunately that's true Hybrid.

It's the been the same story for five years now. It's beyond the point where I can argue back and say "hey, we are young"..........or "we'll bounce back". There's just an coached lack of aggression under Tim.

Warren Ryan would have ripped these guys apart and absolutely destroyed certain individuals for their mistakes. The "you'll never play first grade again until you go and learn" approach.

Tim is the other extreme. The "don't worry, the spot is yours mate.......relax and play your best footy".

I can see both points of view.

But Tim's style has destroyed the desperation and accountability in our club after so long.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:52 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:We don't and won't have it. When have we ever showed the amount of hunger and aggression that wins the big games?

When it matters most we fold like a pack of weak dogs.
I disagree....Folkes still has 5 weeks to instill that in them...

Dumb options, turning over the ball,,,stupid penalties and a lack of effort at crucial times cost us the game.....

We were caving it up this time last year....

They can beat Penrith...The games ARE getting bigger....I think they will step up....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:05 pm

bhall wrote:make no bones about it we will miss the finals, we are too soft
Aren't you going to look silly when we make the finals?

I don't think its a collapse persay, but a slump. I think its the kick up the arse we need. We didn't respect Souths enough, thought we'd win easily with that 16 point lead. Silly errors, odd attacking structures (espeically in the first half), just a mess of a game, from both sides really.

However, I'd rather we realise that we need to play and concentrate if we want to win NOW than Week 1 or 2 in the finals. We've been outplayed by Manly and St. George, this is the first game since the Roosters that we've deserved to win and been in a position to win only to blow it with laziness.

"The loss we had to have".

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:59 am

geez we looked terrible and may even bomb out of the finals altogether or finish 7th/8th and get knocked out straight away. history seems to keep repeating itself. it's like bloody groundhog day!

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 12:51 pm

I think we'll win 2 out of the last 4. (Against Penrith and Storm). We WILL be playing finals football this year, so don't tell me this crap we won't, the problem is form running into the finals. If we can get some momentum going before finals time, we showed last time any thing is possible. Obviously, on such a big forum you can't stop users posting, but man, I wish every body just shutted up until the end of the season, THEN we can talk about such issues. Until then, it's all hypothetical what people say, after all we're 12 wins, 8 losses we're not in a terribly bad position!
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 1:19 pm

we know the team has the potential to make the finals, and when " it clicks" the team devastates the opposition.
west-tigers in last two games under estimated the opposition, and as result scraped in a win against cronulla, and lost in golden point time to souths.
the roller coaster of emotions has not yet finished.
a couple of the players, in the backs, need to wake up and realise its not schoolboys footy, ( with no offence to schoolboys footy) and actually play to potential, with some enthusiasim instead of strutting around like show ponies.
you could make some compensations, if they were rookies, but they are not, they are meant to be seasonsed first grade players .
yes i am typing this with anger/frustration. :evil: :twisted:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 1:29 pm

graham46 wrote:
jasetiger wrote:So we have Penrith,Parra , Storm & Titans last 4 rounds.......I smell another 9th place finish.
I said that 8 weeks ago!
I also said it in Feburary its our fav spot.

I thought beating the cowgirls got us in, but we have gone back to our old ways letting crap teams fluke wins against us inthe dieing seconds

panthers forget about it!! Lote and Ryan will drop anything that comes to them Gordon 3 trys from kicks and Pritchart alwyas plays his 1 good game in 3 months against us

Penrith by 20

Eels we never beat them this time of year NEVER!!! forget about it

Storm, I think this is the game that will tell us if we will make the 8 we always beat them at home hopfully they are switched on.

Titans, its at their home and we alwyas get beat up there

So the Storm game is the game that will tell us if we make it

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 7:11 pm

citizen cub » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 12:51 pm
I think we'll win 2 out of the last 4. (Against Penrith and Storm). We WILL be playing finals football this year, so don't tell me this crap we won't, the problem is form running into the finals. If we can get some momentum going before finals time, we showed last time any thing is possible. Obviously, on such a big forum you can't stop users posting, but man, I wish every body just shutted up until the end of the season, THEN we can talk about such issues. Until then, it's all hypothetical what people say, after all we're 12 wins, 8 losses we're not in a terribly bad position!
Whilst I admire your very positive outlook the Tigers are about to play three teams Penrith, Storm and Titans that would appear to be massive challenges in picking up a win. Then consider the Eels and the Hayne Train who are also out of form but we play them on their home ground! It does appear that 30 points will get you into the top 8 and the Tigers are a game short!

From what I have seen from Marshall, Farah and team I can't see them finding another win, and I am afraid that the current coaching staff don't seem to have the capabilities of preparing them mentally to handle these top sides.

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm afraid I have to agree with NED KELLY & Golden...
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 10:13 pm

The collapse is on the cards for sure. We will make the 8, but we will be bundled out without troubling anyone. We may scrape one more win in this season, if we're lucky, but I think this cat (a tiger is a cat right?) has used up all 9 lives this year.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 10:25 pm

If our players give up as easily as many of the members on this forum do then it is no surprise that we get so peeved off!

The loss was poor. The lack of improvement at a key time of the season is worrying......only the players can change it. They have the skill but they need the attitude!

alien

Post by alien » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 10:45 pm

MGB wrote:I think 28 will be enough
I don't think it will be considering we have a negative for and against.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 10:50 pm

angeman wrote:history seems to keep repeating itself. it's like bloody groundhog day!
tell me about it :x

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 10:51 pm

9th place usually has 26-28 points (8th=9th this year with the storm), 10th is usually 24-26 points, so I think 28 will be enough to secure 8th.