We got sucked in

Peaches

We got sucked in

Post by Peaches » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:14 pm

I thought Galloway and Fafita, followed by Heighington and Ellis were making great metres down the middle. A compact game up the guts was successful. We got sucked into the high energy spreading game that they were playing. Its not our usual game, but a tight game would have got us the points in this one I think.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:25 pm

The coach does not like one off hitups down the guts. (Although it works great for us )!!!

The fool of a coach likes immediate lateral movement from dummy half then turning the ball back inside to a runner who then inevitably gets smashed.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:29 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:The coach does not like one off hitups down the guts. (Although it works great for us )!!!

The fool of a coach likes immediate lateral movement from dummy half then turning the ball back inside to a runner who then inevitably gets smashed.
Your right and I just cant fathom why.....

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:36 pm

I honestly think it's because he tries to steer away from any form of aggression as he feels aggression leads to dumb football.
Therefore he just sticks to the little 2 or 3 pass plays that slow down the ruck and avoid heavy contact. Same as the way he coaches the fullback to avoid contact.
Look at the way we responded to Lawrence getting flattened, we actually became more passive after one of our players almost got his head ripped off.
For the last however many years sheens has bought non-aggressive players and coached the aggression out of those with it (eg. Galloway)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 10:01 am

stryker wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:The coach does not like one off hitups down the guts. (Although it works great for us )!!!

Your right and I just cant fathom why.....
yeah I don't get this. the plan is to tire out the defenders or suck in numbers then spread wide but really it just means we go nowhere for 2-3 tackles. same as the famous scrum play where we get smashed every time... aaarrrghhh!