Best thing that could have happened...

Luke

Best thing that could have happened...

Post by Luke » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:24 pm

I know everybody is pretty disappointed in our effort tonight, including me. But after the loss I sat and thought about it and maybe this is the best thing that could have happened to us just before the finals. Maybe a cut this deep, happening twice against the same team might just bring the Tiger's passion back. If the Tigers won or drew tonight they probably wouldn't have thought about it too much... instead they're going to have a good look at themselves.

Put it this way, we're in exactly the same position to when we lost to them 50-10. Everybody was on here crying about the game and saying we have no hope this year. What did we do? Win four in a row.

The frustration and anger of losing this game just might bring the best out of the Tigers. We have four games remaining, can we do the same as we did when we lost 50-10 against the Rabbits? I have every faith we can.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:25 pm

Sounds like a topic I started. Allwe have is hope.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:26 pm

We need to win next week and it needs to be massive.

A loss or a close win won't do it, we need to flog the Panthers and it needs to continue into the finals.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:27 pm

best thing? this game could get souths into the 8 and us missing out.. we would have been on 30 points them on 22 with 4 weeks to go and they are the 9th place team. now that game has closed to 28 24 with 4 games to go. I know the NRL wants a close comp so hands out $$% to the refs but this isnt a good thing for us

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:28 pm

no no no they won by default against sides below them thats why we have this problem youre not tim sheens are you i hope youre right but it smells like the last four years all over again

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:28 pm

Luke wrote:I know everybody is pretty disappointed in our effort tonight, including me. But after the loss I sat and thought about it and maybe this is the best thing that could have happened to us just before the finals. Maybe a cut this deep, happening twice against the same team might just bring the Tiger's passion back. If the Tigers won or drew tonight they probably wouldn't have thought about it too much... instead they're going to have a good look at themselves.

Put it this way, we're in exactly the same position to when we lost to them 50-10. Everybody was on here crying about the game and saying we have no hope this year. What did we do? Win four in a row.

The frustration and anger of losing this game just might bring the best out of the Tigers. We have four games remaining, can we do the same as we did when we lost 50-10 against the Rabbits? I have every faith we can.
Thinking the same thing.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:29 pm

djm619 wrote:We need to win next week and it needs to be massive.

A loss or a close win won't do it, we need to flog the Panthers and it needs to continue into the finals.
I don't think for and against should be a target. A strong 80 minute performance with a win. We need wins cause they are all you are after at the moment. Some strong 80 minute pefromances could see us on a purple patch.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:31 pm

Im afraid the way I feel is the best thing that can happen is we miss the eight and hopefully the coach can boot off...I doubt he'd stick to his word though.

I hate feeling like this....Im so over the way this club is run now, I want to support them i want them to win, but when It gets to the stage where I want failure in order to see a change from the top to the bottom...its sad.
Ive never been like this.

Post edited by mods
Wests Tigers - make the semis legitimately, dont keep us hanging for 5 freekin years

Fire away

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:33 pm

could not agree more

willow

Post by willow » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:36 pm

A heartbreaking and frustrating loss. We're frustrated and down in the dumps at the moment, but it won't compare to how the players feel. Hopefully they reflect on this positively and come out with the right attitude against Penrith next week.

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:37 pm

We will be making up the numbers if we make the top eight.. it's definently not the best thing that could of happened. We were desperately out of form, finding it extremely hard to put a team away, this was a our chance.. yet again, we showed we can't put a Souths team, without a Host of big names away. Schoolboy errors, terrible tackling, i mean imagine if Taylor, Burgess, Crocker ETC were actually there... we would have been smacked by 50 again... Sheens, please leave i don't care that were coming 4th or whereever we are... we need a new coach, new fresh start.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:38 pm

Wow.....some very ''conservative'' types here I guess.

Pfft

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 11:50 pm

Eye Of Wests Tigers wrote:We will be making up the numbers if we make the top eight.. it's definently not the best thing that could of happened. We were desperately out of form, finding it extremely hard to put a team away, this was a our chance.. yet again, we showed we can't put a Souths team, without a Host of big names away. Schoolboy errors, terrible tackling, i mean imagine if Taylor, Burgess, Crocker ETC were actually there... we would have been smacked by 50 again... Sheens, please leave i don't care that were coming 4th or whereever we are... we need a new coach, new fresh start.
That's what I'm saying. If we played like we did tonight in a finals game there is no way we would have won. But, hopefully after this loss, it will really give the players a chance to take a good look at themselves and realise the lack of effort, passion, desire and commitment they are possessing just isn't good enough anymore. Do you think that if we won tonight the players would have thought about this? Probably not and they would have continued to play like this for the rest of the season.

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 12:16 am

It's already working. I really believe we are going to come out firing against the Panthers and really play with a lot of passion for the first time this year...

Twitter updates:
Lote Tuqiri: Absolutely gutted!!
Keith Galloway: the worst feeling ive had in a long long time
Robbie Farah: Wants to go jump off the gap

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 12:21 am

I agree with you,
we believed that we could just turn up every week flat and get the win..
might be the kick up the ass that we needed!
I also think well give it to the Panthers next week.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 12:32 am

we never beat the panthers forget about that game. bombs will go up like crazy and we will drop every one of them

btw we have been losing games like that for 4 years and it hasnt been the best thing that happend to us it just keeps happening!

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 12:39 am

Luke wrote:It's already working. I really believe we are going to come out firing against the Panthers and really play with a lot of passion for the first time this year...

Twitter updates:
bryce_gibbs:
'you know your going bad when your mrs tells you to find your own way home from the game..... dont blame her'
13 minutes ago via web

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 1:01 am

Luke wrote:It's already working. I really believe we are going to come out firing against the Panthers and really play with a lot of passion for the first time this year...

Twitter updates:
I dont believe them.