Best thing that could have happened...

fergiefurr

Re: Best thing that could have happened...

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 1:29 am

I feel worse then I did after the scg game. At least we all knew the reason they feel apart that day..

This time there is no excuse, I sincerely hope we miss the 8 and sheens is forced to walk. On paper we have close to the best side (legitimate side) in the comp. Yet we lose to a team coming tenth missing 10 starting players and beat the team coming last by 2 after they have a legitimate try disallowed.

We are a joke.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 5:13 am

If we don't make the top 8 this year Sheens will still be here next year but it will be his last. It should be if we don't make the finals this year then that's it. Imagine if we don't make the finals this year and he is still here after not making the finals in half a decade!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 7:46 am

alien wrote: Imagine if we don't make the finals this year and he is still here after not making the finals in half a decade!
hmm yeah wouldn't be too good

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:34 am

we would be the only team not to make the finals the past 5 years thats for sure! and I blame it all on this souths game if it happens

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:34 am

Allan Towle wrote:
djm619 wrote:We need to win next week and it needs to be massive.

A loss or a close win won't do it, we need to flog the Panthers and it needs to continue into the finals.
I don't think for and against should be a target. A strong 80 minute performance with a win. We need wins cause they are all you are after at the moment. Some strong 80 minute pefromances could see us on a purple patch.
It's not for +/-, it's to show that we know we were horrible and that we are going to bounce back from it.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:42 am

Heads in the clouds some of you. Season all but gone. That was a woeful effort against a reserve grade team. We would have been thumped against a half strength bunnies team. Our form .... what form? We sit in an artificial place on the ladder and now we are getting found it. I hate to say it but I dont see us winning another game, and with our for and against, missing the eight is a real possibility ... makes me sick thinking of it. If we jag a win I will be very happy.
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:00 am

It is not over yet but we are ordinary and have been basically all year. We need to get our back 3 sorted out and the players need to fire up. It would also help if Sheens had 4 or more props in the team consistently. Fulton, Ellis and Heighington play a lot of minutes. There is no reason to have Flanagan, Dwyer & a reserve back on the bench.

I think Ryan needs to dropped for that performance.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:02 am

if we cant beat a team without 10 first graders we do not deserve to be in the finals. I cant see us winning another game this season. The side we have on paper and the decent players we have in reserve grade we should be performing alot better than we are. the positive is if we crash out and dont make the finals sheens will be sacked. i honestly believe we need a new coach with fresh ideas.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:07 am

I just wanted to win this game to ensure a top 8 spot then worry about our form over the next month. But it looks like we'll go into the final rounds just hoping for a win to sneak inot the finals. I still believe once we get there we can lift, but gee, its gonna have to be a big lift.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:10 am

sirro - I was thinking the same thing but if we couldn;t lift for last nights game how are we going to lift for the finals if we get lucky from here and fall across the line?
and i think sheens will hang around like a bad smell for a couple more years regardless of results.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:16 am

I think the players got a little carried away with themselves when getting away to a handing lead, Benji twice tried to pull off miracles plays which came to nothing and I thought Lote actually knocked the ball towards his own try line, the ball should have been taken by Beau however.
In golden point I thought Sutton had knocked the ball on before being replaced and that stripping penalty from Beau knows best, d'oh!.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:21 am

stryker wrote:
Luke wrote:It's already working. I really believe we are going to come out firing against the Panthers and really play with a lot of passion for the first time this year...

Twitter updates:
Lote Tuqiri: Absolutely gutted!!
Keith Galloway: the worst feeling ive had in a long long time
Robbie Farah: Wants to go jump off the gap
I dont believe them.
I believe them.
I just don;t think it will make any difference.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:27 am

I think it was the worst thing. We needed that win.

triserratops

Post by triserratops » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:31 am

tiger05 wrote:I think it was the worst thing. We needed that win.
YEP!
STAND BACK OR SOMEONE WILL
GET HURT! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:38 am

I can't see any good coming from it. We really should have kicked on when leading 30-12. that's gotta dent their confidence and in the back of their minds they will be thinking 06, 07, 08 and 09 all over again.
I'm usually an optimist, and i'd pencilled in a win last night to guarantee us spot in the 8. Now, i have that sinking feeling.
I just can't see how we will beat Penrith next weekend. I hope we do, but can't see it. Our weaknesses are their strengths - tries from kicks and they'll be running at Lui all night. it could be a soul destroying and season ending massacre.
I'm frustrated too, because although we have noone to blame but ourselves for last night it could have been a different result so easily - not his fault at all, but if Brown had managed to ground that ball (and you can pick any number of other plays) we'd be going to the finals this year.

All too depressing. Trying to muster up the energy to head out to the members day but not sure i can do it.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:39 am

innsaneink wrote:Im afraid the way I feel is the best thing that can happen is we miss the eight and hopefully the coach can boot off...I doubt he'd stick to his word though.

I hate feeling like this....Im so over the way this club is run now, I want to support them i want them to win, but when It gets to the stage where I want failure in order to see a change from the top to the bottom...its sad.
Ive never been like this.

Post edited by mods
Wests Tigers - make the semis legitimately, dont keep us hanging for 5 freekin years

Fire away
Could not agree more ink. The continued blinkered selections by Sheens is just mind blowing. Lui, Asysford, Ryan (OMG Ryan last night. You would have thought he was playing for Souths), that dope that could not even get his hands on the ball for a win, Marshall (kicks on the first tackle, flick passes on the second tackle, God help me. If we make the eight, which I very much doubt now, we will be out in the first week.

Sheens has really got to go.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:44 am

i was thinking we deserved to lose that last night after the game, and also that it was good that it happened. of course its not but not because we didn't get the two points but because this has been happening for FIVE SEASONS now and why would anything change after this loss?!! silly me thinking ANOTHER embarrassing loss would change things at WT HQ. i love this team to death but they just keep tossing up the same stuff year after year.

don't point to our ladder positon either. im as one eyed as they come but we got rolled by a decimated souths, nearly got dudded by the sharks? (pomeroy's try was a try, if that were WT i'd be claiming it), sucked out against the cowboys, just got over a lockyer, thaiday, folau-less broncos in the last minutes and generally made hard going of all our games. i cant fathom how we were coming fourth coming into last nights game, i know now the reason.

is it just me or when we got to that lead with 20 or so to go, did we shut up shop and try to grind our way to a win? if we kept playing footy we would have kicked on i would have thought. they look like a nervous, unsure team to me. that game baffled me immensly. i just don't know what to make of this team anymore
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

willow

Post by willow » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 9:51 am

Year of the Tiger wrote:Heads in the clouds some of you. Season all but gone. That was a woeful effort against a reserve grade team. We would have been thumped against a half strength bunnies team. Our form .... what form? We sit in an artificial place on the ladder and now we are getting found it. I hate to say it but I dont see us winning another game, and with our for and against, missing the eight is a real possibility ... makes me sick thinking of it. If we jag a win I will be very happy.
I said the same thing after Souths put 50 on the Tigers and they came out and won the next 4 in a row. Last night was one of the most disappointing ways to lose, but it's a bit soon to be writing them off and it may be the rocket the team needs heading into the last few matches this season.