Benji Marshall.....

Magpie69

Benji Marshall.....

Post by Magpie69 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:09 am

2005 Grand Final....The ball is kicked through, Marshall picks it up 5 meters from his own line, he beats one, he beats 2 and he is away. The defence is coming across and he has Pat Richards on his outside. realising it is the first tackle, he hold the ball and is tackled on the half way line ????
Is this what we want to see from Benji...Not me
Give me the flick passes and the chips anyday

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:29 am

If it is on pass it. Benji imo was good again last night but he shouldn't have thrown that pass.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:31 am

Benji could have sealed the game a number of times. He is arrogant at times and it costs us - BIG TIME
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:36 am

When you play the way he does, there is always gunna be errors in his game, we score from that play or his grubber just before 1/2 time and he is a hero........someone else said it on here, Rocks and Diamonds

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:38 am

Year of the Tiger wrote:Benji could have sealed the game a number of times. He is arrogant at times and it costs us - BIG TIME
Seriously, if you think Benji COST us the game, Did you see our number 5 play????

Give me a beak!!!

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:45 am

Benji was our best last night... he played very well
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:45 am

Benji had nothing at all to do with us losing that game. His kicking game is now looking real solid. His running game is still good although I would like to see him run it more. His defence is pretty good. His passing game is quality.

He is a real good player.

On the other side he should though step up more and win us those games. That flick pass was stupid. If he just ran infield we might have scored on the next play.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:56 am

I didnt say he cost us the game. He made some poor options when the boys thought the game was sealed. That game was crucial
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

tiger4life78

Post by tiger4life78 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 2:47 pm

Benji has to be more direct in attack take the line on alot more ... Thats when he is at his best ..
At the moment to much side ways running is pinning his outside backs up against the sideline giving them no hope in hell .

Mattie13

Post by Mattie13 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 5:08 pm

The only thing Benji needs is a decent number 7 that can organise and and give him room. Lui just goes missing too much during the game. Inexperience? maybe, it is the number on reason we can't close out games and can't match it with the big boys like the Dragons. On the flip side I have confidence once it clicks there is no stoping us. Time is running out fast though.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 5:16 pm

tiger05 wrote:Benji had nothing at all to do with us losing that game. His kicking game is now looking real solid. His running game is still good although I would like to see him run it more. His defence is pretty good. His passing game is quality.

On the other side he should though step up more and win us those games. That flick pass was stupid. If he just ran infield we might have scored on the next play.
That flick pass was brilliant!! The support players failed to read it. It was almost identical to the flick that put Pat Richards away in the 2005 GF...
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 5:22 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:Benji had nothing at all to do with us losing that game. His kicking game is now looking real solid. His running game is still good although I would like to see him run it more. His defence is pretty good. His passing game is quality.

That flick pass was brilliant!! The support players failed to read it. It was almost identical to the flick that put Pat Richards away in the 2005 GF...
I thought the same. latu had plenty of time to take the catch, but unortuantely he must have been half asleep

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 6:00 pm

MASSIVE difference between a flick pass to Pat Richards...............and a flick pass to Mitch Brown.

No disrespect to Mitch, but Pat is 100 times better all round. Mitch was never going to catch that.

Benji needs to mature fast. He needs to realise what is / what is not a risk worthy play.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 6:02 pm

I only saw it at the game. If the pass was on I have no troubles Benji throwing it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 6:04 pm

A flick pass that misses the mark can never be brilliant, and rarely be read thoroughly.
They dont call them low %ers for nothing.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 6:36 pm

It was the second or third tackle.

Not needed, we had them on the back foot, we take the tackle, spread it to the left and we would have been over in the next two tackles.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 6:38 pm

It was nowhere near Latu. Flick passes are fine if they are on but it was a dumb play last night in my opinion. Besides there are different types of flick pass. The one to Richards was pretty standard but lately Benji has gone more for the around the back model. He just seems more interested in the amazing play rather than trying to position his support runners.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 6:39 pm

IMO Benji and a few others need a new coach they have been coached by the same man for to long ,for mine I think Benjis best footy is ahead of him but needs a new mentor time has come for all to move on to another chapter.