The Mitch Brown No try

prattenpark

Re: The Mitch Brown No try

Post by prattenpark » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 10:12 am

I'm as one eyed as they come but after bouncing of his chest it hit his forearm on the way to the ground. Knock on. No try.
If we were a smart football team, we would have tried to kick a field goal in that set of 6.

Tigerfansince85

Post by Tigerfansince85 » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 10:40 am

Centaur wrote:Considering the try that was awarded in the Titans game the night before, I thought Brown's was a certain try.

This is my issue with the referee's - there is just no consistency.
Exactly my thoughts Centaur ...

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 10:48 am

Try for sure.... 100%

Torso permitted to ground the ball
UTT - Up The Tigers

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 10:50 am

prattenpark wrote:I'm as one eyed as they come but after bouncing of his chest it hit his forearm on the way to the ground. Knock on. No try.
If we were a smart football team, we would have tried to kick a field goal in that set of 6.
we did and missed it

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 12:46 pm

Does anyone feel like all these 50/50 decisions seem to go the way of the team that's behind on the scoreboard, like the refs are just trying to engineer a close and exciting game?

If we were down by 12 instead of up they would have pressed the green button for sure.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 1:11 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Does anyone feel like all these 50/50 decisions seem to go the way of the team that's behind on the scoreboard, like the refs are just trying to engineer a close and exciting game?

If we were down by 12 instead of up they would have pressed the green button for sure.
It's been going on for the past 4 years. Since the crowds for NRL have been extremely poor.
The NRL want every supporter's team to be in a shot for the finals as it entices fans to go to watch their teams play.
With the slow deteriorating of the quality of the competition, this is also way to get fans to go to games by promoting the competition ladder as "the closest tightest comp ever". As a supporter, you will go to a game if you think your team is a chance of winning and likely not attend if your team has no chance.
NRL is dying a slow death. AFL is where the money will be at. The NRL know this. So the only way they can continue to survive is by trying to rig the competition in areas where they can to get the results they need.
For example the referees will not blatently give the underdogs penalties where they will get caught out, but give the dubious so called 50/50 decisions to the team which needs it. Just like the blatent forward pass that won Souths the match, Mitch Browns grounding of the try etc.
The NRL also makes blatent attempts at keeping teams out from making the finals. Teams who they deem have "had their go". Is it any surprises WT have been screwed by penalty counts over the past 4 years? Is it any surprise that WT have been on the good side of penalty counts this year?
Any surprises why the Storm were caught with the salary cap scandal only until now?? The Storm were too good a team to be screwed by dud referee calls, they've had their go, the News Limited interstate team was good for the game in promoting the NRL into Victoria to get the game where it needed to be.
There are plenty of more examples i could give, but i'd be here all day.
Really, i can't believe people haven't noticed this...
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 2:18 pm

Golden wrote:
prattenpark wrote:I'm as one eyed as they come but after bouncing of his chest it hit his forearm on the way to the ground. Knock on. No try.
we did and missed it
not in that set of 6. we went for the try. we were 10 metres out, right in front. I think they might even have been thinking about but the ball went to Heighno and noone seemed to know what to do. In the replay you can even here a player calling out 'filed goal', 'field goal' - not sure if it was one of us or them.

And, I'm sorry. Anyone who thinks that was a try should go and watch the replay again. The ball clearly comes off mitch's forearm after it bounced off his chest. Whether or not he grounded it is irrelevant. He knocked it on.

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 6:17 pm

I would like to make a correction for my previous post, I said the boss of the refs...I meant the head video ref, not that it makes any difference...sorry

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 6:22 pm

I have noticed Croughing Tiger, but if you mention anything like that, you are labled a whinger or an idoit!

alien

Post by alien » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 1:13 am

I just don't think a video ref should give that a try. There was no control, although some refs may have given it. Mitch should have grabbed it with his hands but he bombed it.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 2:21 pm

Mothermagpie wrote:I have noticed Croughing Tiger, but if you mention anything like that, you are labled a whinger or an idoit!
Well, sometimes the simplest explanations make sense.

If it is all 'rigged', why have the Warrior and Cowboys and Cronulla never won a comp - when is it their turn? When was the last time any Souths, Saints, Parra, Canberra won a comp? Why has Brisbane made the top 8 for 19 years in a row?
I could go on all day.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 3:53 pm

It's good to know I'm not the only crazy one then heh heh.

It's gotten to the point where I never think 'that was a dud call against us' any more, I just think 'well we're ahead on the scoreboard and I guess it's too much to ask to get a 50/50 call'

Yeah I was screaming at the TV that Wesser's last pass was forward, glad someone else noticed. They didn't show a replay on telly.