Expect the high ball!

fainty

Expect the high ball!

Post by fainty » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 9:44 am

Hope the buys are ready for a thousand bombs this week. Penrith love to score from them...and we have been struggling to take them. Im predicting 20+ bombs thrown up at us...who dares predict how many we'll catch!

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 1:06 pm

Is walsh back? if he is, i dont like our chances, if he isn't, i think we'll win it
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 2:20 pm

Blakeeeeeee wrote:Is walsh back? if he is, i dont like our chances, if he isn't, i think we'll win it
Doesn't matter if he is or isn't. Graham has got just as good a boot on him. Their backline isn't what we should be worrying about. We've got to stop them up the middle if we're any chance of winning this game.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Gobbs

Post by Gobbs » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 2:31 pm

Walsh and Coote will both be back, named and fit for this week. Expect a tirade of bombs. Ryan & Tuqiri will be tested after every set, you can put the house on that. Coote has a lot of success of Walsh's kicking game and will often follow through from a bomb, chip or grubber. He'll be a handful for Wests
Still the Official #1 Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness Supporter ©

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 6:29 pm

Despite appearances, Matthew Elliott is no dummy. They'll bomb us worse than Hiroshima in WW2. Lote has been hopeless under the high ball lately so it could be ugly.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 8:52 pm

All we need is the back 3 communicating and we should be right. If I see Lote running in front of our full back again when he is going to catch a ball I will scream!

Golden

Post by Golden » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:28 pm

yeah its a shame that in todays game you dont need skill to score trys anymore, or you have to do is kick and hope for a error and score off it, thast why Izzy will fail at AFL

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:44 am

If the coach is as smart as the supporters the only thing he should be getting his back three to do at traning is defuse bombs.We all know they will bomb us all day long and given our recent record why woudlnt they but i just hope the master coach has identified it too ..
The only way to help us with the bombs is ppl like Toddy Payten charging them down all day..I'm prepared to put money on Payten( if he plays) to charge down more than 3 kicks in this game , he is our best , others just fall asleep when our opposing team kicks or is about to.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 12:14 pm

T-D-C wrote:All we need is the back 3 communicating and we should be right. If I see Lote running in front of our full back again when he is going to catch a ball I will scream!

They need to learn how to catch first

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 2:59 pm

I don't expect many bombs. No more than any other side would throw at the team. Elliot is focusing on balancing out his squad's attacking raids and working on their own weaknesses. He was quoted saying this in a recent interview less than two weeks ago.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 7:06 pm

How many were there today?
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"