NOTICE ON JUNIOR LEAGUE/SCHOOL PASSES

willow

Post by willow » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 6:39 pm

10/08/2010 5:19:03 PM

Wests Tigers wish to advise supporters who plan to attend this Sunday’s Telstra Premiership clash against the Penrith Panthers at Campbelltown Sports Stadium that all Junior League and School passes will not be granted free entry into the match.

Due to an expected large crowd and the volume of tickets already sold, passholders are encouraged to pre purchase their tickets.

There are still reserved and general admission tickets remaining.

CLICK HERE TO PRE-PURCHASE TICKETS

It is also recommended that ticket holders arrive early and enjoy the Toyota Cup and match day entertainment to avoid unnecessary queuing.

Gates open at 12.15pm with Toyota Cup kicking off at 12.45pm and the main game at 3pm.

Modern Solar are proudly sponsoring game day this Sunday. As a part of game day sponsorship Modern Solar will give away FREE solar hot water with any solar electricity that is purchased to the first 50 callers, so call 131178 and mention Wests Tigers Match Day sponsorship.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 6:46 pm

Must be expecting a bumper crowd.....somewhat surprised.

How do you buy electricity?

Kul

Post by Kul » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 6:54 pm

ye they only ever do this when they are expecting a good crowd. Must have had good ticket sales so far.
Good to hear!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 6:56 pm

last time was the Bunnies game at LO remember and all the Bunnie fans were outraged and wanted it moved to ANZ.

oh and we lost :cry:

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 8:48 pm

gee so who loses out yet again .... the junior players who flog their guts out week in week out .....o well rugby league is the winner yet again ....................

Gobbs

Post by Gobbs » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 11:03 pm

I'll be p!ssed if it's not a sell out as it'll be a big slap in the face to all fans who are Junior Rugby League players. Especially considering this is the last 'Home' Game' in the South-West for 2010 which boasts one of the largest junior nursery's in NSW. Parramatta Eels did the same thing a fortnight ago, and still failed to crack the 20K mark. Let 'em in. Let's pack the joint.
Still the Official #1 Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness Supporter ©

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 9:01 am

Let the kiddies sit on the ground like we did against the Dragons in the late 90s. Ahh the nostalgia

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 9:48 am

tiger tigers wrote:gee so who loses out yet again .... the junior players who flog their guts out week in week out .....o well rugby league is the winner yet again ....................
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the league pass gives those players free access to every regular season NRL game?

If you ask me, they are on a pretty good wicket. I don't think being locked out of one game is particularly outrageous.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 9:53 am

If what I am hearing is correct the pre-sales are actually nothing spectacular.

I think a good compromise would be to offer kids under 13 with a Junior League pass a discounted ticket price for GA.

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:36 am

there goes a couple of thousand from the crowd. Let me guess it costs $10 for a kids ticket??
why wouldn't they let kids in for free and fill the joint. its the only way they will win, getting 25,000 to boo the ref for 80min.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 4:00 pm

Its because the passes are not checked at games for age requirements. Anyone can use them. A coach could give them out to all his mates to get free GA to any game.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 4:07 pm

Centaur wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:gee so who loses out yet again .... the junior players who flog their guts out week in week out .....o well rugby league is the winner yet again ....................
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the league pass gives those players free access to every regular season NRL game?

If you ask me, they are on a pretty good wicket. I don't think being locked out of one game is particularly outrageous.
Yep.
Theyre a privilege, not a right.
No one with a pass, player, coach or official of a junior league club should feel peeved at this

If as smeg suggest ticket sales arent what theyre saying, then thats another thing.
As I stated earlier, I'll be surprised if there's 18000 there
We usually only get sellouts when the teams on fire

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 4:21 pm

Agree with the last couple of posts. When I played they were handed around pretty freely. Problem is not so much the kids but the adults at clubs who take advantage of these things.

tiger_fan_#1

Post by tiger_fan_#1 » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 5:50 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:Let the kiddies sit on the ground like we did against the Dragons in the late 90s. Ahh the nostalgia
Gosh that was a good game, I sat on the playing field just behind the goal post on the Leagues club end...My mate was a Dragons supporter next to me and wasn't the ground buzzing with anticipation (oh and seeing Ricky Walford getting run down at the end...priceless).

I will be there in the reserve section in the old grandstand, I am expecting a performance (still its a pity the junior league players cannot get in - they put their heart and soul into every match - hopefully the tigers do this week)....

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 9:46 pm

I have no problems with the passes being stopped. Imagine if you had paid $25 for a ticket to the match and arrived only for them to say that the gates are closed cos there are to many people inside and the reason is that 2000 passholders went in for free.
If you think of every Jnr league player in Campbelltown and Penrith comps with a pass plus all the school kids in that region - it is probably about 5,000 - 10,000 passes. Imagine if even 25% decided to turn up and 2500 people who paid for tickets got locked out of the match.
I actually say it is good that they let everyone know early either way so that these passholders can get in early and buy a ticket instead of waiting to the day of the match.

Gobbs

Post by Gobbs » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:45 pm

Let's just hope there's 20K there come Sunday. If there's not, then it'll be a disgrace
Still the Official #1 Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness Supporter ©

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 9:43 am

Gobbs wrote:Let's just hope there's 20K there come Sunday. If there's not, then it'll be a disgrace
It won't be a disgrace at all, it will simply be unfortunate.

The club has done the right thing by making the decision early, instead of waiting until game day, realise "oh dam, we are going to be at capacity" and then refusing entry to league pass holders at the gate on the day. All they can do is make an educated guess at how many people are going to turn up, and I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that we have around 20k on Sunday provided the weather is right.

This sort of decision is not a money grab - bigger crowds allow the club to ask for more from sponsors year on year due to exposure. If they thought they were only going to get 15k on Sunday, they would have no hesititation in letting a few thousand in for free.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 10:11 am

It is a little of both in my opinion Centaur.

The club is a business and they would have a specific breakdown of pass useage on game days at Campbelltown. By giving advanced notice they are a) protecting their profit and giving the junior league pass holders plenty of notice.

I will be interested to see how we end up in regard to final figures though