Bryce Gibbs

insanityisnigh

Bryce Gibbs

Post by insanityisnigh » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:05 am

Hey does anyone know why Bryce isn't in the starting side anymore? It's been a few weeks I know but I'm just curious. If there's another thread elsewhere sorry!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 4:48 pm

Maybe he's felt the defense starts to lack a bit at the 20 min mark
It has been a very green bench at times

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 4:51 pm

Yeah I am in agreeance with Ink.

With Payten starting at prop it provides a much better balance to our overall defensive structure. We swap a big bopper and a excellent defensive prop for the same off the bench

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 7:31 pm

I just hope he (Gibbs) gets a try this season , has picked up his game and deserves at least 1 try .. or a point ..Field Goal ?? From Gibbsy ....

Newy Tiger

Post by Newy Tiger » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 7:39 pm

He's been playing fairly well this season, but we're a better well rounded side with Payto in the fowards.Thats my guess?

Properossi

Post by Properossi » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 7:41 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:I just hope he (Gibbs) gets a try this season , has picked up his game and deserves at least 1 try .. or a point ..Field Goal ?? From Gibbsy ....
He won't score, he loves the nudie run too much!

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 7:58 pm

Properossi wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:I just hope he (Gibbs) gets a try this season , has picked up his game and deserves at least 1 try .. or a point ..Field Goal ?? From Gibbsy ....
:lol:

Classic is when he gives away a penalty and gets up and asks the ref what he did .. the look on his face .. The Nooo Way ref .. i didnt do that .. you might be mistaken ... look

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 9:37 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Properossi wrote:
:lol:

Classic is when he gives away a penalty and gets up and asks the ref what he did .. the look on his face .. The Nooo Way ref .. i didnt do that .. you might be mistaken ... look
Do you think that's funny?

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 9:54 pm

I think sheens is using gibbs off the bench to keep consistency in our defensive line. Gibbs doesn't provide much impact but is a valuable asset to the team as he rarely misses a tackle. As said before, payten is a better all rounder as he can play a bit of a ball-playing role within the team, similar to that of fulton
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

insanityisnigh

Post by insanityisnigh » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:45 pm

Thats what i thought. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy and had missed something :) Thanks for the replies!!!!

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 1:50 pm

i think with PAYTEN starting he can do a little more at a faster rate.... PAYTEN goes out for 20 min flat chat then Bryce comes in after that and being a little bigger can give the other side a bit of a harder time...

Troy

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 1:54 pm

Does Bryce play unchanged after he comes on? I felt sorry for Gibbs after Sat night. His efforts to charge down that last field goal was fantastic and should have been a key moment.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:26 am

Well isnt he being named at 17?
might be in the bad books, too many antics people might be fed up with.
Tigers for 2022!

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:50 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:Well isnt he being named at 17?
might be in the bad books, too many antics people might be fed up with.
no , thats not the case , he has lifted his game a lot in the later part of the season and is one of most important at the club at the moment .

see this for an explaination
by T-REXX » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:50 pm

i think with PAYTEN starting he can do a little more at a faster rate.... PAYTEN goes out for 20 min flat chat then Bryce comes in after that and being a little bigger can give the other side a bit of a harder time...

and
by Blakeeeeeee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:54 pm

I think sheens is using gibbs off the bench to keep consistency in our defensive line. Gibbs doesn't provide much impact but is a valuable asset to the team as he rarely misses a tackle. As said before, payten is a better all rounder as he can play a bit of a ball-playing role within the team, similar to that of fulton

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 1:16 pm

thats a shame, i wouldnt be sad to see the back of gibbs, he can go chickenbone somewhere else.
Tigers for 2022!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 1:45 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:thats a shame, i wouldnt be sad to see the back of gibbs, he can go chickenbone somewhere else.
Why would you sack one of our most consistent performers? He's given away just about no stupid penalties this year and he is one of our best defenders.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 1:50 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:thats a shame, i wouldnt be sad to see the back of gibbs, he can go chickenbone somewhere else.
Have you watched the Tigers this season? He has been our best prop.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 1:52 pm

smeghead wrote:Yeah I am in agreeance with Ink.

With Payten starting at prop it provides a much better balance to our overall defensive structure. We swap a big bopper and a excellent defensive prop for the same off the bench
And I'm in agreeance with both of you.