Another Chance !!!

Magpie69

Another Chance !!!

Post by Magpie69 » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 7:04 am

I know we have been saying it for a few weeks now, but this is our BIG chance to consolidate a top 4 finish and a Home semi. Incredibly we have probably only played 2 good games all year (Eels and Warriors), but we still find ourselves with a great opportunity to go a long way into the finals this year. If you look at the other contenders, nobody is really showing the type of form that makes them unbeatable.The winner on Sunday will gain some much needed confidence and maybe even some momentum for the weeks ahead. I think Sunday will be the day when the Tigers stand up and make a statement 3 weeks out from the semis.......Thoughts ?

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 7:49 am

You can only hope so. If the Tigers come out and put in a disinterested performance, it'll be very disappointing. The team that wants this more will win it.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 8:00 am

Magpie69 wrote:I know we have been saying it for a few weeks now, but this is our BIG chance to consolidate a top 4 finish and a Home semi. Incredibly we have probably only played 2 good games all year (Eels and Warriors), but we still find ourselves with a great opportunity to go a long way into the finals this year. If you look at the other contenders, nobody is really showing the type of form that makes them unbeatable.The winner on Sunday will gain some much needed confidence and maybe even some momentum for the weeks ahead. I think Sunday will be the day when the Tigers stand up and make a statement 3 weeks out from the semis.......Thoughts ?
I agree, it is now or never. this will be a very big test of the team's mental attitude. play like there is no tomorrow, tackle until you drop, run with the speed of a tiger & strength of an ox.
win on sunday, secure at least a top 8 spot.
then go from there.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 8:11 am

i was stunned when i got home from work and saw last nights results.

i just hope that on their trip they realize they may never get a shot like we have at the title this year.
it is right there for any team to win more so than any other year i can remember.

2 months of dedication to winning a premiership 24 hours a day.
on and off the field.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 8:48 am

I woke this morning with a good feeling. After watching the results last night, it became clear to me ALL teams are travelling the same as we are. In fact, with exception of St George, we might be travelling better. While it all hinges on tomorrow, the Tigers have placed themselves mentally ahead of the pack...

When you look at Penrith, you look straight at thier big forwards and think we cant win.... Well, thats for losers and if I have learnt anything in life, its not always about winning, its more about competing. When you really look at the Penrith, you realise they have won games and lost games, but they have not grinded out wins essentially. The looked up 4 weeks ago and were shocked they were coming second and started thinking about winning the premiership. As a result, they have stumbled and havnt really put there foot forward to say they are gona win this comp. The mental side of Rugby League is sometimes harder than some of the hits...

The Tigers however have been playing these games where they had to work hard to win. They never just won, they never just lost. They fought hard and got home more than any other team this year. Mentally this places us in a very strong position leading into Finals Football as we know 'HOW' to win. With a victory tomorrow over the Panthers, the boys could be outright second and in a very very strong position to derail the St George train come Finals time...

C'MON TIGERS!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 8:55 am

Results are definently going our way, i just really hope we can win tomorrow and instill some confidence, not to mention get back in the top 4.
The eels will be hard next week and we dont need the added pressure from a loss this week at home.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 9:36 am

Another chance.....well

Woke up this morning after the craziest dream. I was in the Gareth Army, the best the world has ever seen. We were marching as one on the road to the holy grail.... (prepare to jump & fist pump air)... Gareth Army ...Gareth Army ...Gareth Army ...Gareth Army ...Gareth Army ...Gareth Army

:sign:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 9:50 am

We were dying like flies?

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 9:54 am

Last night's results was a NRL ploy to make the top 8 even tighter.
Just by reading this thread makes me laugh and shows how it changes supporters' attitudes to giving their team hope.
This is how it draws numbers to games.
Had to laugh last night when Archer says "this is the fourth time" after blowing his first penalty against the Eels.
So this means he deliberately let 3 other incidents go before being forced to blow the whistle.
I knew the Eels and Sharks would win last night, it was the perfect outcome for the NRL to create congestion on the race for the finals.
Not only does it affect the teams which ARE in the race for the semi's, but also good for Sharks fans to help restore their hopes for the future of the corrupt dying game.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 9:59 am

yep results coming our way, hopefully we can capitalise on that with a win against the Panthers and go the Cowboys, Knights, Storm and Saints!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:07 am

crouching_tiger wrote:Last night's results was a NRL ploy to make the top 8 even tighter.
Just by reading this thread makes me laugh and shows how it changes supporters' attitudes to giving their team hope.
Had to laugh last night when Archer says "this is the fourth time" after blowing his first penalty against the Eels.
So this means he deliberately let 3 other incidents go before being forced to blow the whistle.
I knew the Eels and Sharks would win last night, it was the perfect outcome for the NRL to create congestion on the race for the finals.
Not only does it affect the teams which ARE in the race for the semi's, but also good for Sharks fans to help restore their hopes for the future of the corrupt dying game.
With that much knowledge, did you put your money on them CT?

I backed the Sharks and got back plenty...
:wahoo:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:11 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote:Last night's results was a NRL ploy to make the top 8 even tighter.
With that much knowledge, did you put your money on them CT?

I backed the Sharks and got back plenty...
:wahoo:
Well done!! But nah got them both in my tipping.
I have made a decision to stay away from Friday night matches, as the first television match is usually the most referee corrupted one for the week. They do this to generate interest for the remainder of the weekend. Just like it has done already..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:13 am

crouching_tiger wrote: I knew the Eels and Sharks would win last night, it was the perfect outcome for the NRL to create congestion on the race for the finals.
So, by your theory, the Cowboys and Knights should be certainties to win then?

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:35 am

Tigerdave wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote: I knew the Eels and Sharks would win last night, it was the perfect outcome for the NRL to create congestion on the race for the finals.
Do you want me to place the bets on for you as well??
28pts will be the cut off point this year. Cowboys have absolutely no chance in making the playoffs. Titans are good for the game and almost a certainty needing only one more win. Being a Qld team, a one town team the NRL favours them as a big drawcard since their entry into the competition. With the Cowboys having "had their turn" at the top, the NRL still has 2 teams in Qld to promote(Broncos, Titans).
Knights are a slim hope of still creeping into the top8. A win for them over in NZ would be fantastic for the game, as it will create a tighter fight for the bottom four teams. A loss to the Warriors does hurt their chances, but doesn't end there season just yet. But the NRL does want the Warriors in the finals, as they are good for the game with a different drawcard being a team from another country.
Some teams are good enough to get over the corrupt referee calls but most aren't, Titans being one of them, but not the Knights. Melbourne and Manly are a perfect examples of this.

Titans and Knights is what i backed in my tipping this week. Knights being one of this weekends' upsets.
Put your house on it Dave. If you become destitute, don't come crying to me.. ;)

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 11:07 am

westTAHger wrote:
Magpie69 wrote:I know we have been saying it for a few weeks now, but this is our BIG chance to consolidate a top 4 finish and a Home semi. Incredibly we have probably only played 2 good games all year (Eels and Warriors), but we still find ourselves with a great opportunity to go a long way into the finals this year. If you look at the other contenders, nobody is really showing the type of form that makes them unbeatable.The winner on Sunday will gain some much needed confidence and maybe even some momentum for the weeks ahead. I think Sunday will be the day when the Tigers stand up and make a statement 3 weeks out from the semis.......Thoughts ?
I agree, it is now or never. this will be a very big test of the team's mental attitude. play like there is no tomorrow, tackle until you drop, run with the speed of a tiger & strength of an ox.
win on sunday, secure at least a top 8 spot.
then go from there.
Brisbane showed great desperation last night and this is how we need to play tomorrow .. Go hard or go home , sadly the result didnt go Brisbanes way but hopefully it does for us ..
totally agree with "westTAHger"

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 11:21 am

crouching_tiger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote: Do you want me to place the bets on for you as well??
hehe yeah alright ;)
crouching_tiger wrote: 28pts will be the cut off point this year. Cowboys have absolutely no chance in making the playoffs. Titans are good for the game and almost a certainty needing only one more win. Being a Qld team, a one town team the NRL favours them as a big drawcard since their entry into the competition. With the Cowboys having "had their turn" at the top, the NRL still has 2 teams in Qld to promote(Broncos, Titans).
Knights are a slim hope of still creeping into the top8. A win for them over in NZ would be fantastic for the game, as it will create a tighter fight for the bottom four teams. A loss to the Warriors does hurt their chances, but doesn't end there season just yet. But the NRL does want the Warriors in the finals, as they are good for the game with a different drawcard being a team from another country.
Some teams are good enough to get over the corrupt referee calls but most aren't, Titans being one of them, but not the Knights. Melbourne and Manly are a perfect examples of this.

Titans and Knights is what i backed in my tipping this week. Knights being one of this weekends' upsets.
Put your house on it Dave. If you become destitute, don't come crying to me.. ;)
Heh well the way I started with my tipping this weekend....I wouldn't be betting on anything :(

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 2:16 pm

Shouldve posted this 14.5 hrs earlier, it mightve had some cred then

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 9:25 pm

Spot on Ink