DEFENCE!

cqtiger

DEFENCE!

Post by cqtiger » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:17 am

I can't for the life of me understand why we have to resort to a grinding style of play to make the semi finals. Score 20 or 30 points and keep the opposition to less than that and we win. I want razzle dazzle footy but I also want - I expect - some damn good defence too. Today against Penrith, a team we always struggle against, defence will win it. We can play some very good footy but our tackling has been awful. It better improve today.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:28 am

Razzle dazzle = more defence when the passes dont stick.
I'd prefer them to get to their kick on every set and then let the defence take care of itself down their end, while trying to create pressure with a repeat set every now and then

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:56 am

Desperation in defence will do us .. If collectively the 17 want to save a try they will..I dont like it when heads go down especially after a try against us.Just watch pathers play , they get a try and 15 ppl jump on the try scorers back , WT should encourage each other more like that.
I feel sorry for ppl like Robbie and Benji when we are down on the board , they know they have to try harder as they have to win the game for the team however only a few others support them.. the rest of the team clicks off.
If we dont have CL it will be a huge loss..He is strong in attack and stronger in defence..He is our HULK.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 11:01 am

We have to play the Panthers in their half as much as possible, make their big forwards run as much as possible, protect each other when the bombs go up

willow

Post by willow » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 11:09 am

It will be interesting to see if the Tigers can muscle up in D today. Controlling the ruck will be the key to beating Penrith, I'd be focusing on completions and a good kick chase and don't be afraid to kick early. I'd be trying to turn the Penrith forwards around and make them work it out of their own end and wear them out that way. Easier said than done of course.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 11:11 am

Cunno you going with Pratten Park to the game today??
I will be in Bay 21 .. M
Sorry to go off topic ..

alien

Post by alien » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 3:10 am

In sport it's spelt defense. :P