Penrith are morals

Eddie

Penrith are morals

Post by Eddie » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 12:27 pm

Sorry guys Ill support the team through good and bad but i can't see them getting over the top of Penrith today. Our form over the last month has been terrible and Penrith have it all over us in the head to head stakes. There 2 main strengths are the 2 things we have not been able to handle this season, big forwards offloading the ball and a pinpoint high kicking game. These things alone will probably cause us a world of problems.

Usually you could take the home ground advantage into account however the Panthers hold no fear of Campbelltown Stadium. They have trounced us there a couple of times and I don't think they have lost there. Hopefully the team can turn the tables, they are certainly due against Penrith, however I think it shapes as a pretty bleak afternoon.

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 12:34 pm

x2 but! GO TIGERS!!!

Ruck speed farah, fulton and ellis hitting angles, Benji playing safer, gibbs angry and a big vocal crowd giving it to them.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 12:40 pm

Change title to Panthers are Morons... lol
The game is upon us and supporters are scared and nervous. Surely we have to take some positive energy to the ground.. I know it wont be easy , infact will be extremely difficult for us but i dont want to hand the game over to Panthers before the ball is kicked..
We can do it !!! All up as one ....

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 1:01 pm

:wahoo:

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 1:26 pm

Never been a fan of Head to Head Stats... I prefer to analyis how each team is travelling to guage how thing might pan out.

Over the last 6 weeks, the Tigers are 4 from 6 and the Panthers are 2 from 6.

In 2010, the Tigers average 21.4 points per game compared to the Panthers average of 25 points.

Again in 2010, the Tigers have conceded 21.6 points per game compared to the Panthers of 19.9 points

Both the Tigers and the Panthers currently have a 70% Win ratio for Home Games and a 50% Loss ratio for Away Games.

These teams are very close and I'm looking forward to seeing the boys dig in and work this game. A win or a Loss is acceptable if they give it there all and compete at 100%...

Go the Tigers!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 1:31 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
These teams are very close and I'm looking forward to seeing the boys dig in and work this game. A win or a Loss is acceptable if they give it there all and compete at 100%...

Go the Tigers!!!
I agree watto, a loss i can except as long as we play with guts, passion and a bit of smarts.

But if we lose this parra is a massive task at home for us also...

willow

Post by willow » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 1:34 pm

Eddie wrote:Sorry guys Ill support the team through good and bad but i can't see them getting over the top of Penrith today. Our form over the last month has been terrible and Penrith have it all over us in the head to head stakes. There 2 main strengths are the 2 things we have not been able to handle this season, big forwards offloading the ball and a pinpoint high kicking game. These things alone will probably cause us a world of problems.

Usually you could take the home ground advantage into account however the Panthers hold no fear of Campbelltown Stadium. They have trounced us there a couple of times and I don't think they have lost there. Hopefully the team can turn the tables, they are certainly due against Penrith, however I think it shapes as a pretty bleak afternoon.
Hard to argue with you Eddie, I hope we are both wrong, but the Tigers don't seem to shape up too well against the Panthers and don't generally play well against them either, ball control traditionally has been a big problem too.

Again, I hope the Tigers fire up and come away with a win, but Penrith are favorites and their form against the Tigers is hard to ignore.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:13 pm

Time to turn up and take the medicine. Very happy to be proved well wrong. Great to see near enough to an intense 80 minute performance. The signs were there in the first 20 that we were finding big gaps in the defence and once we cracked them we dominated the match with a couple of flat spots. Today probably the most positive result of the season for us, I think the whole fan base and players might get a lot of belief out of that.

Well done team and T Sheens on a clinical victory.

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:17 pm

that was a massive performance by our boys, i thought everyone 1-17 had a real dig

FINALS BOUND BABY

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:20 pm

:sign: :righton: :sign: :righton: :sign: :righton: :sign: :righton: :sign: :righton: :sign: :righton: :sign:

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:38 pm

farahfan wrote:that was a massive performance by our boys, i thought everyone 1-17 had a real dig

FINALS BOUND BABY
Finals bound Indeed! :D

But where's your old avatar? ;)
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris