Mitch Brown

Vicious

Re: Mitch Brown

Post by Vicious » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:24 pm

Far more impressive than anything McKinnon has shown, should not be moved from fullback.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:56 pm

prattenpark wrote:Was a great performance. He really made a statement and surely must have strong claims to stay at number 1 ahead of McKinnon. good on him. i've never been a fan before but he won me over today. I'd almost forgotten what it is like to see a fullback return the ball and break the line.
Was very strong under the high ball today (a few kicks put him under pressure.) He was never afraid to steam back on the return and made a few promising runs. Was unlucky not to score a try.

The guy has plenty of potential, he just hasn't been given enough minutes to prove himself.

The only complaint I have on McKinnon is his inability to stay fit. He has been very safe at the back as well and once he gets his match fitness back, I think you can expect to see him get more involved in attack.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

LukeH

Post by LukeH » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:18 am

I was suprised at how confidently they took on the high ball all game, turning point perhaps?

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:20 am

Was my man of the match today.

Not taking anything away from Ellis etc but everything we did started with his strong runs. Even Farahs 40/20 started with a dominant run & quick PTB from Brown

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:58 am

smeghead wrote:Was my man of the match today.

Not taking anything away from Ellis etc but everything we did started with his strong runs. Even Farahs 40/20 started with a dominant run & quick PTB from Brown
I agree. His dominant runs from the back made life much easier for our forwards. He`s going from strength to strength and has surely done enough to earn himself a spot in our starting 13 ???

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 10:49 am

I was cheering for Mitch yesterday. He did very well. Mitch and Daniella have both shown lots of promise and taken the opportunities they've been given. Good on them.

I don't intend to use this opportunity to have another go at the re-signing and use of Fitzhenry, but I also think Mitch offers much more - and deserves it more.

TiggaPlease

Post by TiggaPlease » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 1:04 pm

Daniella and Brown should be our permanent right side combo.

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 5:02 pm

Yep, it's been hard to understand his lack of game time. For mine while not setting the world completely on fire has barely put a foot wrong while others have been getting the nod ahead of him. He is a safew option and deserves to keep his spot on his form this year.

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 6:36 pm

Vicious wrote:
smeghead wrote:Was my man of the match today.

I agree. His dominant runs from the back made life much easier for our forwards. He`s going from strength to strength and has surely done enough to earn himself a spot in our starting 13 ???
Totally agree. Surely he can't be dropped next week even if McKinnon is fit (which is highly unlikely anyway). Keep him at FB, he added a lot to our game yesterday.