Tickets/Free Passes

alien

Re: Tickets/Free Passes

Post by alien » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 11:19 pm

iloveparra wrote:
Tigerpete wrote:Geez they're a fickle bunch that lot. I've never seen crowds fluctuate as much as it does with the eels. I suppose after last week they probably think they're up there with the dragons and if they lose to us they'll probably start tearing their jerseys and burning the flags again. Oh how i despise them.
I have to disagree with you there. Im not just saying this because im a parra fan but i seriously dont believe our fans are as fickle as you guys make them out to be. With inconsistent teams comes inconsistent fans and thats what you get in every team, though it might seem like we get them more often because were so hot and cold as a team ALL THE TIME.

I was looking at the home crowd averages for this year and parra are doing quite well especially considering were 10th on the ladder. Parras crowd average for 2010 to date is 17 132. Were ahead of dragons whom mind you are minor premiers and their crowd average is 16687, Panthers who are in the top 4 have a crowd average of 13227. The only 2 sydney teams ahead of us are Bulldogs who have an average of 21 295 ( this is including the double header figure meaning their average would be much lower than this) and the Tigers who have a crowd average of 17 897. ( source: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/wests_tigers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I just dont think were doing as badly as everyone thinks, and were definitely one of the stronger sydney teams in relation to crowds especially considering our poor form of late.
Parramatta and St.George Illawarra have the most fickle supporters. When Parramatta are playing badly I have seen them get crowds of like 3,000. It's probably not as bad this year because so many Parramatta supporters got memberships at the start of this year because they thought they were going to be one of the best teams this year. St.George Illawarra also gets really bad crowds when they are playing badly but that hasn't been for a while. I guess you can say all teams get larger crowds when they are going well and bad crowds when they are playing bad but Parramatta and St.George Illawarra crowds seem to have the most difference.

iloveparra

Post by iloveparra » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 11:33 pm

alien wrote:
iloveparra wrote:
Tigerpete wrote:Geez they're a fickle bunch that lot. I've never seen crowds fluctuate as much as it does with the eels. I suppose after last week they probably think they're up there with the dragons and if they lose to us they'll probably start tearing their jerseys and burning the flags again. Oh how i despise them.
I have to disagree with you there. Im not just saying this because im a parra fan but i seriously dont believe our fans are as fickle as you guys make them out to be. With inconsistent teams comes inconsistent fans and thats what you get in every team, though it might seem like we get them more often because were so hot and cold as a team ALL THE TIME.

I was looking at the home crowd averages for this year and parra are doing quite well especially considering were 10th on the ladder. Parras crowd average for 2010 to date is 17 132. Were ahead of dragons whom mind you are minor premiers and their crowd average is 16687, Panthers who are in the top 4 have a crowd average of 13227. The only 2 sydney teams ahead of us are Bulldogs who have an average of 21 295 ( this is including the double header figure meaning their average would be much lower than this) and the Tigers who have a crowd average of 17 897. ( source: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/wests_tigers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I just dont think were doing as badly as everyone thinks, and were definitely one of the stronger sydney teams in relation to crowds especially considering our poor form of late.
Parramatta and St.George Illawarra have the most fickle supporters. When Parramatta are playing badly I have seen them get crowds of like 3,000. It's probably not as bad this year because so many Parramatta supporters got memberships at the start of this year because they thought they were going to be one of the best teams this year. St.George Illawarra also gets really bad crowds when they are playing badly but that hasn't been for a while. I guess you can say all teams get larger crowds when they are going well and bad crowds when they are playing bad but Parramatta and St.George Illawarra crowds seem to have the most difference.
I hate to be politically incorrect but its because we have a high number of bogan housing commission supporters. Both of our teams do , and its their likes that are so fickle. In saying that though, every parra supporter i know is really loyal and goes to as many games as they can. The bandwagon parra supporters change every year. This year everyones on the dragons/roosters bandwagon. Every year its different!

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 12:49 am

iloveparra wrote:

Why are you even on here if you're an eels fan? Looking for another club to support cause you realised how much of a one-man team the eels are?
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 7:16 am

It's a sellout because the joint is gonna be packed with Tigers fans.

iloveparra

Post by iloveparra » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:05 am

Blakeeeeeee wrote:
iloveparra wrote:

Why are you even on here if you're an eels fan? Looking for another club to support cause you realised how much of a one-man team the eels are?
Nah, i would never change teams, i dont care if we were a one man team or a no man team. Im blue and gold through and through. I come on here, because lol i am extremely bored at work and find some of the other teams fan sites to be quite interesting. Besides i didn't know there was a restriction on non tigers fans? On our parra forum we have plenty of non parra supporters joining in on the discussions and no one complains about them being there . Anyway, we're all RL fans so why cant we discuss it together?

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:40 am

^ i dont trust him

iloveparra

Post by iloveparra » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:58 am

lol what is there to trust about someone on a forum

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 12:04 pm

iloveparra wrote:lol what is there to trust about someone on a forum
Don't worry ILP ....... we have some pretty Fickle fans as well ........ they're all good when the goings good but a bit Blue Peter when times are tough !

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 12:54 pm

alien wrote: We had around 30,000 last year when we played Parra at SFS didn't we?
34,272 (according to NRL.com)
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 1:46 pm

I thought it was like 37.. still a good showing
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

alien

Post by alien » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 2:49 pm

iloveparra wrote:
alien wrote:
iloveparra wrote: I have to disagree with you there. Im not just saying this because im a parra fan but i seriously dont believe our fans are as fickle as you guys make them out to be. With inconsistent teams comes inconsistent fans and thats what you get in every team, though it might seem like we get them more often because were so hot and cold as a team ALL THE TIME.

I hate to be politically incorrect but its because we have a high number of bogan housing commission supporters. Both of our teams do , and its their likes that are so fickle. In saying that though, every parra supporter i know is really loyal and goes to as many games as they can. The bandwagon parra supporters change every year. This year everyones on the dragons/roosters bandwagon. Every year its different!
Yeah there would be heaps of loyal Parra supporters. Wests Tigers haven't made the finals in 4 years but through out that time we have always had one of the best home ground averages in Sydney. It doesn't seem to change to much. But when you look at the Parramatta and St.George Illawarra crowds when they are having a bad year it is ALOT lower than what it is when they are having a good year. That doesn't mean all Parramatta or St.George Illawarra supporters are fickle. I wasn't trying to offend. I was just commenting on what I have seen.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 2:56 pm

alien wrote:
KingOvKingz09 wrote:northern terrace better not be sold out
It is. That's what allocation exhausted means.
:lol:

As if...
Everyone knows that's where all the tired people prefer to sit so they don't get upset from the loud crowd..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

iloveparra

Post by iloveparra » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 4:54 pm

Yeah there are and trust me i hate any bandwagon supporters from any team especially my own. Theres nothing worse than being kicked when your down by someone who doesnt know a thing about the NRL yet somehow during finals time is the biggest fan ever. Now i have to listen to my office jump on the Roosters bandwagon and brag about Carney 24/7 and talk about the Hayne Plane Crashing yet only two months ago they ' didnt care and didnt watch the games anyway'. Bugs me to death!

alien

Post by alien » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 7:49 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
alien wrote:
Obstructed View Single seats only
Obstructed View Single seats only

Are these seats behind where you're sitting?
No they were behind where you were sitting - behind your big head! :)