Now the bogies off our back..

prattenpark

Now the bogies off our back..

Post by prattenpark » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:02 am

Now the bogies off our back and we are all but assured of playing finals football again, do you think we might relax a little and find our groove and really let loose over the next few weeks?
I imagine the atmosphere out at Concord this week would have been pretty good.

MGB

Post by MGB » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:00 am

Could go either way I guess, just hope a guaranteed finals berth doesn't breed complacency, Sheens has been around long enough to spot the signs but can he overcome it?

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 12:43 pm

We cut loose against the Bunnies a few weeks back to be up by 16 points or so, then dug a hole and jumped into it.

I am hopeful that Sheens will try and make them play the full 80 with not too many flamboyant injections :) We need to be in semi final mode now as the road ahead is not easy - Melb will not lie down and gift us 2 nor will the Titans.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 20 Aug, 2010 1:25 pm

Need to stick with the Eels early or get the jump on them early would be better. Statistically they have been slow starters at home this season while the Tigers have opened the scoring very early on a number of occasions. The Tigers will have to get off the line very quickly and stop Moi Moi and Mateo from offloading and keep them very quiet in the opening spell.

Once again ball control will be the key, the Tigers showed against Penrith once they started to control the ball they were pretty dangerous on the edges and I have a feeling the same applies against the Eels. It should be dry and with Farah, Benji and Lui all sharing the kicking, they should be able to throw up some variety and not kick down Hayne's throat all day if they are smart. When the Roosters flogged the Eels a few weeks ago, they either kicked the ball dead or into the corners away from Hayne and they also stopped the Eels offloads and gave them a touch up as a result.

With Ellis in top form, Heighno playing very solid and Fifita offering good impact off the bench, I think we could see Marshall step it up a notch for this game if the Tigers forwards aim up and go forward.

jasetiger

Post by jasetiger » Sat 21 Aug, 2010 9:24 am

Our aim should be to finish in the top 4 and get that home semi advantage.and as such we should treat each remaining round as sudden death.

You cannot just "limp" into the finals and expect to survive the first week on the back of poor form.

We need momentum & have to treat each game like a final.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 21 Aug, 2010 10:55 am

I was thinking the same thing Pratten Park, if the Tigers go out and enjoy themselves they could well smash the eels who have all the pressure on them. Depends what sort of game Sheens has planned.

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:15 am

cunno wrote:I was thinking the same thing Pratten Park, if the Tigers go out and enjoy themselves they could well smash the eels who have all the pressure on them. Depends what sort of game Sheens has planned.

So when they take it easy and feel comfterable over the next few weeks because we made the 8... what happens when we have limped in with inconsistent form and then have to play sudden death footy in the finals??? I dont think that would be a good way mentally....

every game into the 8 over the next few weeks should be treated like our last for the year!!

Im wrapped that we made the 8 finally but we have got a premership winning team when in form i hope we dont take a back seat over the next few weeks!

alien

Post by alien » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 8:57 pm

In our last 2 weeks we have beaten 2 of our so-called bogie teams!!! :D