Lui's defence

softlaw

Lui's defence

Post by softlaw » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:04 pm

exceptional. Some great one on one stops on fui, mateo etc. all at pace.
Shame he'll probably miss a week or so for that coathanger.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:07 pm

Throw in Marshall too. Benji defended outstanding today and basically shut Mateo down on his own. Simply great by Benji.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Davester

Post by Davester » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:10 pm

Lui was immense in defence! Seeing Lui in front of me prevent Fui from getting was something, that took guts and he put himself right in there. Well done to him.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:11 pm

Played good today.

That high shot might get a few points but he shouldn't get a suspension IMO, he was going for the ball. It's not his fault Horro rushed off the line so quickly, it's a risk you take going for the intercept.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:19 pm

When blemish, the Eels first try, should have covered more when Lawrence was tackling...

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:21 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:When blemish, the Eels first try, should have covered more when Lawrence was tackling...

Thats true but Lawrence shouldnt have even needed him. Lawrence's worst game in 2 years
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Newy Tiger

Post by Newy Tiger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:23 pm

That high tackle was nothing, he was trying to knock the ball up , good performance by lui today.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:27 pm

i think Lui will just gather some points but should be cleared to play. i don't think there was much in it. he had a great game today and is really starting to slot into the team nicely imo.

on lawrence, is he perhaps carrying a shoulder injury that effects his passing to the left. there were a couple of similarly poor passes to the left a few weeks back when he played 5/8 at one of the Leichhardt games.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:32 pm

I don't think there was anything in it at all, whatsoever. He was reaching for the ball and Horo (was it?) got in the way.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:37 pm

the only tiger to not miss a tackle

:master:

yeah, let's drop him for blake lazarus......... :lol: - idiots :master:

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:49 pm

Lui and Marshall's defence was great today. Great move by Sheens to put Ellis on the left side inside Lui to protect him. Lui seems to be playing with more confidence with Ellis near him both in defence and attack and this has also resulted in Ellis playing a much better attacking game over the past 2 weeks. Should of happened ages ago.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:53 pm

Lui was very courageous. Outstanding. I was standing and applauding that tackle on Moi Moi. Immense sort of thing that wins you game.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:00 pm

Great defensive effor ttonight from the young bloke but I think the last couple of weeks has seen a big change in Lui and I think that it has flowed through his overall game...he has finally started to take the ball to the line and play like a halfback. I think that up until recently he has been guilty of just catching and passing without asking any questions of the defence.

However the past few games he has gone to the line and looked dangerous and I think this adds another dimension to our attack, especially when the majority of teams will be looking at Benji And Faffy to make the plays, this gives Lui a bit more freedom and in time will also give our two main playmakers more time as the defence will need to start watching Lui much more closely.
Last edited by beachtiger on Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:00 pm

king sirro wrote:Throw in Marshall too. Benji defended outstanding today and basically shut Mateo down on his own. Simply great by Benji.
:lol: Way to give Robbie Lui a rap....as good as Benji...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:11 pm

The tackle on Moi Moi late in the game was a try saver - Lui ended up in la la land but saved the game.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:02 pm

Lui has a good footballer brain. He knows his job, and is growing rapidly in confidence. His involvement today was the perfect balance and Im also noticing Benji is starting to stand a lot wider.

He dug deep today in defence and made a point of sticking. Well Done and I look forward to seeing Robert going through the line in the next few weeks...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:04 pm

His defence was great today, really put his body on the line, great to see.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:31 pm

I like Lui. With Farah and Marshall calling the shots, an over-bearing 7 wouldn't be great for dynamics. This is why Moltzen fits so well.

I thought his defence for a young half has been pretty good all year. He has made some great tackles this season and one excellent one on Fui today. Benjis defence was great today too.