Ref con job

prattenpark

Re: Ref con job

Post by prattenpark » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:42 pm

I actually don't think they did that bad a job. Fulton kicked the ball, first penalty. Fifita rolled over the top of the tackled player instead of rolling to the side, second penalty. I can't recall the next one.
And, the head on shot clearly shows a Tigers player with his hand all over the ball in the tackle that led to the penalty where Burt missed the goal.
We had our fair share of 50/50 calls go our way in the first half - we got at least 2 dubious stripping penalties.
We were also lucky we weren't penalised on the last play of the game as we clearly took out a Parra player.
I would have been more frustrated with our 3 bombed tried than any refs decision.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:45 pm

If Robbie had his time again he would have grounded the ball over the line using his chest rather than trying to grab the ball and force it however he deserves plenty of slack for his great game once again- what a champion

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:46 pm

There were some bad calls from the ref and also some stupid mistakes from our guys like the Liam penatly. Everyone knows you need to move to the side of the ruck not through it.
We seem to always make the same the mistakes in the last 10 min of games to give sides a sniff. I dont know how Sheens can sit there on the sidelines and not have a heart attack like the rest of us fans.
I would be a very happy coach today but a angry that we should of won by a bigger margin considering how well we played for 70 mins today.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:24 pm

What about the "high tackle" on Horo? He was trying to catch the ball!
What about the "strip" on Mateo? He dropped it cold.

These were key moments. And Gus said the Fifita penalty as well as another high shot was "soft".

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:25 pm

Here's one you guys'll like.

"Parra had two Haynes and they still couldn't win"

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:26 pm

prattenpark wrote:I actually don't think they did that bad a job. Fulton kicked the ball, first penalty. Fifita rolled over the top of the tackled player instead of rolling to the side, second penalty. I can't recall the next one.
And, the head on shot clearly shows a Tigers player with his hand all over the ball in the tackle that led to the penalty where Burt missed the goal.
We had our fair share of 50/50 calls go our way in the first half - we got at least 2 dubious stripping penalties.
We were also lucky we weren't penalised on the last play of the game as we clearly took out a Parra player.
I would have been more frustrated with our 3 bombed tried than any refs decision.
Yep a fair assessment Pratten. Fulton's penalty was right out of the Bryce Gibbs textbook on the subject.

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:30 pm

I deadset reckon Channel 9 didn't show a replay of that last minute stripping penalty because they knew the uproar it would have created had Burt kicked that conversion.

There was NO WAY Fulton (I think it was him) played at that ball, it was dropped cold. An atrocious call.

The rest, meh. There were a couple of high shots. Thought Lui's high shot was more him reacting to where the ball was going to I thought that was unlucky, but I mean, remember the Sharks game when we got some weird penalties? It just happens.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:40 pm

Nine news showed a front on shot, which is where the ref was standing, Heighington's hands were all over the ball trying to push it out. At the time, I thought it a dud call, but from front on I think the ref was right.

doesn't matter now though. we won.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:46 pm

LOL you can't please everyone obviously - I found a PARRAMATTA FAN who thought they got conned by the refs calls -

from the parramatta league unlimited thread - http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showp ... stcount=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:46 pm

Heighington's hands were on the ball, however the way Mateo fell and ripped the ball away caused the knock-on. It wasn't by any means a firm carry.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:48 pm

Lukic wrote:Here's one you guys'll like.

"Parra had two Haynes and they still couldn't win"
I only wish you could rep on this forum.

Thats GOLD

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:49 pm

underdog wrote:LOL you can't please everyone obviously - I found a PARRAMATTA FAN who thought they got conned by the refs calls -

from the parramatta league unlimited thread - http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showp ... stcount=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Which call are they whingeing about? Galloway taking out Tahu on the last play?

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:55 pm

glad to see other people felt this way about the refs - my gripe was how they let Parra just sit on us after a tackle. Horo doesn't take the intercept if Galloway doesn't have 3 guys hanging off him well after he's tackled and trying to play the ball. No matter how hard someone was trying to keep Parra in contention, they just weren't good enough for long enough.

Pratten is right though - we shouldn't have been in that position, we should have had 30+ points today.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:25 pm

cunno wrote:If Robbie had his time again he would have grounded the ball over the line using his chest rather than trying to grab the ball and force it however he deserves plenty of slack for his great game once again- what a champion
The ball was on the way down to the ground when he tried to scoop it up to put it down. Why didn't he just force the ball when it came into contact with the ground? Apart from that a great game.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:33 pm

Black Orange White wrote:
If we lost, I would seriously have sent a letter to the NRL about the refs.
Yeah...that'll learn em!

alien

Post by alien » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Black Orange White wrote:
If we lost, I would seriously have sent a letter to the NRL about the refs.
Yeah...that'll learn em!

That's a nice tackle! :lol:

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:48 pm

we should have been 12 - 18 points up at half time, so any bad ref decisions should nothave mattered.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:05 pm

underdog wrote:LOL you can't please everyone obviously - I found a PARRAMATTA FAN who thought they got conned by the refs calls -

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thanks for the link. Time to have some fun. :twisted: