Enough shown...

citizen cub

Enough shown...

Post by citizen cub » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:27 pm

Enough shown there to suggest we can go a long way in this premiership. Beating the Eels at Parra is always difficult and although it wasn't the BEST we could've done, I'll take the 2 points. Defence was solid for most of the game and I'm happy to say, I think we've rediscovered our form in attack. It's starting to look more structured and plays are being better executed than they were a few weeks ago and we're also scoring 20 points or more a game which would suggest we have the points in us. Hopefully we can put in a good effort in these next two weeks and snare both games.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:32 pm

So what u think of Galloways return?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:36 pm

when you take into account how many 'certain' tries we blew we did pretty well.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:38 pm

Its got to be a good sign to beat the eels at parra, well done Wests Tigers

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:38 pm

on some of the "set plays" instead of continuing the "play" we should've just fell over the try line.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:39 pm

Parra were lucky it wasn't 30 blot at the half.
Lawry had a poor day in attack, but his defense was pretty solid.

How good was it to see Benji and Robbie combining so sweetly....they both played really well.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:41 pm

Sheens must be close to having a heart attack lol poor bloke the look on his face when we are under pressure

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:44 pm

very pleased with effort. :D
must admit in latter part of game was concerned, that conversion goal kicking might be down fall of result of the game today. :roll:
thankfully Luke Burt missed his conversion. :pray:
the footy gods smiled on wests-tigers today, as they wanted to see some justice for the one sided penalty count in second half. :wahoo:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:45 pm

stryker wrote:Parra were lucky it wasn't 30 blot at the half.
Lawry had a poor day in attack, but his defense was pretty solid.

How good was it to see Benji and Robbie combining so sweetly....they both played really well.

Except for the try he let in which was at least a ten point turn-a-round. He cost us 14 to 18 points today. Not his best but he'll bounce back im sure
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:01 pm

It also means we'll only have to win 1 of our last 2 to secure a home final, but I reckon we can win both games. Melbourne are playing atrociously at the moment although winning their last 2 games, I'd be very suprised if we don't breeze past them at Leichhardt. In such a predicament, all they're concerned about is getting this season over and done with. Inglis and Smith have served up some absolute filth over the past few weeks, the game against the Sharks last night looked like two lower grade rugby union teams going head to head. The Titans will be a good game to play just before a finals series, I have a feeling this will be the equivalent to a 2nd place play-off type game.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:08 pm

Ha...Wests Tigers have a lot of work to do....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:09 pm

That was a good win today it shows that the players minds are in the right place which to me is the most important thing at this stage of the season.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:10 am

We bombed 3 tries and the refs gave Parra heaps of penalties in the second half just to keep them in the game - and we still won. We scored 5 tries against Souths and Brown bombed a try so we should have scored 6 tries. We scored plenty of tries against Penrith, and today we scored 4 tries and bombed 3 tries. Even though we are not taking all of our chances we are creating lots of opportunities - our attack is coming together. Our defense is much better this year, except for a few bad games. Wests have as much chance of winning the comp this year as any other team. Get excited.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:03 am

king sirro wrote:So what u think of Galloways return?

Galloway was impressive, much better body height, coming from a deeper position and excellent leg drive, often taking 3 defenders with him. I'm happy to have egg all over my face, but happier that he may just start to consistently use his natural attributes. Make no mistake, his performances over the next few weeks will play no small part in the outcomes of our matches