Looking good

Snake

Looking good

Post by Snake » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:31 pm

Hats off to coach Sheens again the team is certainly taking shape other than a bit of poor play regarding tries and a few defence lapses helped in part by the REFS we certainly are getting it together credit today for that.Can we win the minor premiership?

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:38 pm

How crucial is that loss now to Souths? I hate the "if we won" lines but geez, if we were up there with the Dragons now they'd really get the hippy hippy shakes.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:53 pm

The loss to Souths is still painful, I recall the souths fans going crazy as I left ANZ however as strange as it may sound Wests Tigers seem to need those sort of loses to refocus although we supporters don't need it and I'm sure Sheens doesn't either.

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:53 pm

Weren't we ready to sack Sheens like 4 weeks ago?

I find it hard to keep up on here.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:57 pm

Sheens is a real good coach but he is a terrible selector.

As for the team the last 2 weeks we have been good. If Lawrence passed the ball better today we would have put a good score on. Our defence was real good.

Lets hope Lui doesn't get a couple off weeks on the sideline and that when Gibbs comes back Sheens picks the right team - i.e. Fifita over Skando.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 6:59 pm

not sure about the sacking but 4 weeks in nrl can be like 4 weeks in politics

Post by 851 » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:01 pm

tiger05 wrote:Sheens is a real good coach but he is a terrible selector.

As for the team the last 2 weeks we have been good. If Lawrence passed the ball better today we would have put a good score on. Our defence was real good.

Lets hope Lui doesn't get a couple off weeks on the sideline and that when Gibbs comes back Sheens picks the right team - i.e. Fifita over Skando.
Totaly agree,we should have put Parra away early today,hope they learned from that,Fafita was Ok today,he is miles in front of Skando.
Go hard or go home

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:04 pm

When the Tigers played Souths they were not prepared mentally for that clash by the Coach hence the barrage of Sack the Coach I was one... because that night it was NOT good enough to be beaten in that fashion.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:05 pm

My only concern how many years will Sheens contract be extended by if say, we make the preliminaries this year? I reckon to earn himself a new contract he should be made to get us to the finals next year just the assure this year wasn't a one off. But keeping him this year has definitely proved to be a success, I think after a promising season last year with many positives to come out of the last 10 weeks, coach deserved to be given one final chance to prove himself and I'm glad he was given it.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 7:57 am

Chris wrote:How crucial is that loss now to Souths? I hate the "if we won" lines but geez, if we were up there with the Dragons now they'd really get the hippy hippy shakes.
Every team has those games i'm still dirty the Tigers lost to the Roosters at C'town as well

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:19 am

i still want him sacked,i perfer folkes

alien

Post by alien » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 7:25 pm

Chris wrote:How crucial is that loss now to Souths? I hate the "if we won" lines but geez, if we were up there with the Dragons now they'd really get the hippy hippy shakes.
Also that loss we had against Roosters @ the Leumeah Rectangle.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 7:48 pm

cunno wrote:The loss to Souths is still painful, I recall the souths fans going crazy as I left ANZ however as strange as it may sound Wests Tigers seem to need those sort of loses to refocus although we supporters don't need it and I'm sure Sheens doesn't either.
Really, the games against Souths this year have given us a big jolt and we've responded by winning games immediately after them. After that game at the SCG and the game two weeks ago, I just could see us as a top 4 team. It is funny how things work out.