Willow's match report and player review

Geo.

Re: Willow's match report and player review

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:05 pm

G. Strombolli wrote:Two things.

I'm convinced Payten is one of the most important players in the team. If he's fit, we're in with a chance.

Secondly, Ayshford gets his arm free every time he's tackled. I'm with Pymble Pete, what's it going to take to get him to pass?

And thanks for the report, Willow.
Support runners on the inside.....like Mckinnon....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:26 am

Maybe Payten on yesterdays performance upgraded to 9.However Fulton (my opinion the best backrower in the NRL) should also be up to at least 8.5.Anyway the whole forward pack went extra well....

:sign: :master:
Cheers Poppa

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:47 am

Full marks for spending your time putting the match report together, but your rating of Lawrence's contribution to this game is dismissive. There were several pivotal moments in this match and at least two of them were statements made in defence by Lawrence. They had a much greater impact on the game than being just tackles in isolation

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:50 am

Agree 100% with your comments, Poppa. I hope Fulton or any of the team haven't picked up any injurys from that "hard" fought match.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks for the terrific match report Willow !

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:24 am

Geo. wrote:
G. Strombolli wrote:Two things.

I'm convinced Payten is one of the most important players in the team. If he's fit, we're in with a chance.

Secondly, Ayshford gets his arm free every time he's tackled. I'm with Pymble Pete, what's it going to take to get him to pass?

And thanks for the report, Willow.
Support runners on the inside.....like Mckinnon....
Exactly. My Mrs was carrying on about how Ryan was open on the outside of him every time he got taken down with the ball. Thing was though that the channel nine camera angle often showed him getting taken down from the sideline, and you couldn't see the defender out on the wing. I'd rather him take the hit up rather than have a Marshallesque brain explosion and try to offload on the second or third tackle. He played safe footy yesterday and had a few strong runs.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks, Willow. Always enjoy the read. Cheers
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:41 am

thanks for the good report once again willow.
congrats on becoming an admin.
looking forward to next week's game review.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

willow

Post by willow » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 2:35 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:Full marks for spending your time putting the match report together, but your rating of Lawrence's contribution to this game is dismissive. There were several pivotal moments in this match and at least two of them were statements made in defence by Lawrence. They had a much greater impact on the game than being just tackles in isolation
It's not dismissive because he had a bad defensive attempt which cost the Tigers 6 points and then bombed two tries worth a minimum of 8, possibly 12 points. That's a 14 point turnaround right there. He was off his game yesterday, having said that I'm confident he'll bounce back against the Storm.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 2:48 pm

have to put my hand up. last week there was a thread asking who should be left out of are forwards and i said galloway should be looked at. dont know why as i have alwayas liked him, must've thought he was not havin a dig. yesterday tells me to keep my mouth shut. he was great. shame on me for doubting sauce.

gave me a heart attack yest. was sitting there thinking 'we can't lose this, surely'. we were far better and only we could have beaten us.....or sheriff shayne. in saying that we should have been out of sight. can't wait till we put 80 mins together and blow teams away like only we can. spose its good we still have improvement in us.

oh, and virtually knocking parra out of the comp was sweet, sweet ,sweet. just beating them normally gets me all tingly usually, my second team is whoever is playing parra, but the added bonus of sayonara was the punctuation mark.

C'MON BOYS!! :sign:
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 2:52 pm

Always look forward to reading your reviews and assessments after the game. A highlight (and chance to relive the game again...) Thanks. Thought it was great that Ayshford has had two good games in a row against SOO opponents, and had shut them both down. Well done, Blake