Lawrence

Tap Twist Snap

Lawrence

Post by Tap Twist Snap » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:29 pm

Really just needed to take his time today. Those quick passes were really dumb. He has had 2 shockers this year and I really hope that is his last one. Two decent passes = 1 sure try and one likely one.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:32 pm

Granted he bombed a couple of try's but god damn his defence has improved out of sight the past couple of seasons. A couple of those hits on Fui Fui alone were awesome, I'll admit his attack wasnt as sharp as we have come to expect but he more than made up for it with his defence.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:35 pm

Those quick passes weren't stupid, they just didn't come off. Both were certain tries but they just didn't come out of the hands properly, it's footy.

He had a mixed bag today but soild to create opportunites.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:38 pm

Both times it looked like he could have easily scored himself.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:41 pm

Wasn't he in doubt at some stage?

Hopefully he bounces back next week, two shockers every 2 years is fine by me.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:46 pm

Is he carrying a niggling shoulder injury or something? I seem to recall a similar clanger of a pass or two on a Saturday or Monday night at Leichhardt when he was playing 5/8 a few weeks back - bit of a blur as to which game it was (Sharks, maybe)

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:56 pm

His miss on Reddy was costly, the same happened last week against Gordon.

Needs to hit in the tackle and stick.

He should bounce back next week, rarely has two shockers in a row.

alistair

Post by alistair » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:12 pm

The good thing about Lawrance is even his shockers have some good moments. The two passes were frustrating. First one was a bit of a clanger, but the second the error was caused by trying to catch and pass - which was required to get Lote away.

Dropping off the tackle on Reddy was a bad error. That said, his defence on Fui Fui was outstanding in the second half.

The good news is, the mistakes were execution errors, not bad judgment. All three major ones (two passes, missed tackle) he was doing the right thing, just let down by execution. It happens. I wouldn't worry about them at all.

Chris looks to be reading the game well and every time Inu dropped back he made him pay. With Lui's running/passing game starting to open the field up on both sides for us there will be a few sleepness nights for teams trying to work out how to shut down Chris and Lote in combination.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:16 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:His miss on Reddy was costly, the same happened last week against Gordon.

Agree, normally he's a good passer of the ball but had an off day today in trying to get away the quick pass, normally I'd expect to see Tuqiri stroll over for a double with those opportunities, but thankfully it didn't prove costly for the Tigers. I reckon Lawrence will have a stronger game against the Storm at Leichhardt next week.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:23 pm

He has been a little out of sorts of late. All execution plays and not decisional plays though. He'll be right.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:37 pm

was stoked with his no fear attitude in defense

AJ*

Post by AJ* » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:17 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:His miss on Reddy was costly, the same happened last week against Gordon.

I was more disappointed in Lui not running in to assist.

Not his greatest attacking game, however as others have mentioned he did well containing Moi Moi.

Newy Tiger

Post by Newy Tiger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:28 pm

He rarely makes mistakes just his turn today, didnt harm us in the end so all is good.

watersider

Post by watersider » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:33 pm

today just shows how easy he has made it look all year. He's given heaps of assists for tries and I think today's two blown tries are just about the only one's he's missed all year. He didn't have a bad game today.

Adman

Post by Adman » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:26 pm

Balmain Tiger wrote:was stoked with his no fear attitude in defense
Here here!, damn,when the pressure was on and a rampaging fui was running at full tilt, there was only one person that stood up and took it to him and that was lawrence.
:sign:

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 2:07 am

The good thing with Lawrence is he will work hard and won't make those mistakes again. Classy player who had a very mixed day.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 4:55 am

[quote="eddie"]the good thing with lawrence is he will work hard and won't make those mistakes again. Classy player who had a very mixed day.[/quote

i agree lawrece will work hard to say he wot make those mistakes again sadly though is wrong lawrence had gordon wrapped up last week b4 letting him go for a try and did the identical thing today.but he will overcome this ad probably be oe of our go to guys in the finals.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 4:28 pm

He is starting to be more of an arm grabber lately. I also think he underestimates his opposition a little when defending. He knows he is big and thus thinks that Reddy/Gordon are smaller than him.

As for attack, one his arm was chopped put by a Parra player in the first non try and the second on I'm pretty sure a Parra player touched it.

So, I hope Sheens focuses on Lawrence this week coz he is still my favourite Tiger.!!
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble