What's better than Burt missing the kick?

What's better than Burt missing the kick?

Seeing the bandwagon fans cheering in the background thinking that he got it
6%
Seeing Hayne cry
5%
Seeing Burt cry
4%
Knowing Parra's season is over
14%
Knowing the Tigers are finally mathematically cemented in the finals
16%
Seeing the Parra fans after they realised all of the above
54%

Total votes: 98

iloveparra

Re: What's better than Burt missing the kick?

Post by iloveparra » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:14 pm

When we won last year, i didnt stop for a second to think about how gutted you guys were. Now that its happened to us, i understand how you guys must have felt. Let me tell you, it is the worst feeling in the world and you can all give me crap for being an emotional turd but yeah words cant describe how i feel right now. But i disagree with you guys, Burt didnt deserve that, he didnt deserve to be made to feel as if he cost the team the game.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:21 pm

I'll take the option not listed; that comedy of errors that was Jarryd Hayne's game. He blew that game is just about every conceivable way. I'll agree with iloveparra though, although I hate Burt for his Socceresque performance last year with Gibbs, he was one of Parras best today and their loss will be directly attributed to that kick even though their marquee player was shut down or screwed every half chance he had.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:55 pm

Not much.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:01 pm

Another highlight for me was Fifita smash Mannah

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:32 pm

I have a mate who defends Burt to the bitter end, he hates Jarryd Hayne and loves Burt (he's a diehard eels fan, work that one out). I've always believed burt is a choker, this proved it. Nothing better than seeing Buke Lurt stuff it up.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:41 pm

I like Burt, and think he's been a loyal servant for Parramatta over the last 11 years. I really felt for him, and his situation. I've seen at least half a dozen games where Burt has knocked over a sideline conversion with no time left to save the game for the eels.

Unfortunately instead of seeing stories about Hayne being lazy, it will be all "burt chokes" for parramatta fans...

I also loved in the slow mo, when you see the ball miss, and the touchies wave it away, you see just for a second Beau Ryan jumping in glee - Mr Enthusiasm!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:53 pm

I Don't feel sorry for Luke Burt. I don't feel sorry for Parramatta or Parramatta fans. Walking out of that Stadium knowing their season was over was one of highlights of the season for me. They have caused us a fair bit of pain over the past 6 seasons and never been afraid to let us know. Ta Ta!
Last edited by Eddie on Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:54 pm

underdog wrote:I like Burt, and think he's been a loyal servant for Parramatta over the last 11 years. I really felt for him, and his situation. I've seen at least half a dozen games where Burt has knocked over a sideline conversion with no time left to save the game for the eels.

Unfortunately instead of seeing stories about Hayne being lazy, it will be all "burt chokes" for parramatta fans...

I also loved in the slow mo, when you see the ball miss, and the touchies wave it away, you see just for a second Beau Ryan jumping in glee - Mr Enthusiasm!
Beau knows enthusiasm

Burt knows how to choke

alien

Post by alien » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:56 pm

Eddie wrote:I Don't feel sorry for Luke Burt. I don't feel sorry for Parramatta or Parramatta fans. Walking out of that Stadium knowing their season was over was one of highlights of the season for me.
x 2 8-)

Dallas Field Goal

Post by Dallas Field Goal » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:22 am

prattenpark wrote:
Reminded me of the Amco Cup final in 1977 when Fairfax or Schubert missed a similar kick. Being a little fella then, i couldn't see as everyone was standing on the hill. Took a while before it was clear it was the Wests fans cheering. Wests won 6-5
Fairfax missed the kick. I will never forget it.

I also remember a game against Parra where Cronin (I think) missed an easy conversion. A picture appeared in the SMH the next morning with all the magpie players huddled behind the goalposts looking skyward as the kick went wide. Anyone remember what year it was?

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:50 am

[quote="Dallas Field Goal"}

I also remember a game against Parra where Cronin (I think) missed an easy conversion. A picture appeared in the SMH the next morning with all the magpie players huddled behind the goalposts looking skyward as the kick went wide. Anyone remember what year it was?[/quote]

Would have been Cumberland Oval in 1978 - Magpies won 15-14. O'Grady kicked the field goal. Wests had the wood on Parra for a few years there (we won 6 in a row against them from 78-80, and 8 out of 10 from 78-82)

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:25 am

I voted for one. I was watching the replay and laughing at all the yellow flags I could see waving.

LukeH

Post by LukeH » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 3:48 pm

I was at work up a tower watching all the parra fans walking past, and I was suprised that the first few got to where I was right on when they had just scored their 3rd try.
Couldn't happen to a nicer team, nicer guy and nicer bunch of fans. Watching the replay it was awesome seeing the Parra fans get up thinking that they were going to golden point, then having their bubble burst. I was roaring with laughter as the inmates were yelling at the parra fans walking past. They were giving it to them!!!!
Parramatta....the place to be......

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 3:51 pm

Dallas Field Goal wrote:
prattenpark wrote:
Reminded me of the Amco Cup final in 1977 when Fairfax or Schubert missed a similar kick. Being a little fella then, i couldn't see as everyone was standing on the hill. Took a while before it was clear it was the Wests fans cheering. Wests won 6-5
Fairfax missed the kick. I will never forget it.

I also remember a game against Parra where Cronin (I think) missed an easy conversion. A picture appeared in the SMH the next morning with all the magpie players huddled behind the goalposts looking skyward as the kick went wide. Anyone remember what year it was?
Was that the try when Wests put a kick down, he waited for them to all line up 10m away (the kicker hadn't put them onside) then he picked it up, chipped them and scored, then missed the goal from in front? I've heard that story many times, but I've never seen the actual try. My dad refers to it as one of the best tries he's ever seen.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 3:53 pm

granto87 wrote:another highlight for me was fifita smash mannah

only to fall on the exact next play to a horrid dummy from horo to score a try.fifita needs to learn one big hit doesnt make a set of six.but hes it was a bellringer.