10 years on and history repeats...

Eddie

10 years on and history repeats...

Post by Eddie » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 2:00 am

Just thinking when Burt lined up that kick today at the end.10 years ago, the last time we played a Sunday Afternoon game at Parra Stadium. Around about the same time of year in front of a full house with both sides desperate. I was sitting in the same place (originally the hill) when Clinton Shifkofske lined up a kick to level the scores after the siren after a late Parramatta surge of tries. It was from the sideline and fell just short. Quite eerily similar finishes, although I never really expected Burt to miss, however it crossed my mind.

There was also 2007 when We kicked a penalty goal on full time to send the game to golden point. Only to lose to a Luke Burt penalty goal in golden point from 40 metres. Wests Tigers and Parramatta have sure produced a few classics over the years.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:39 am

Eddie wrote:Just thinking when Burt lined up that kick today at the end.10 years ago, the last time we played a Sunday Afternoon game at Parra Stadium. Around about the same time of year in front of a full house with both sides desperate. I was sitting in the same place (originally the hill) when Clinton Shifkofske lined up a kick to level the scores after the siren after a late Parramatta surge of tries. It was from the sideline and fell just short. Quite eerily similar finishes, although I never really expected Burt to miss, however it crossed my mind.

There was also 2007 when We kicked a penalty goal on full time to send the game to golden point. Only to lose to a Luke Burt penalty goal in golden point from 40 metres. Wests Tigers and Parramatta have sure produced a few classics over the years.
Haha yeah I disliked Sh!tcoughski as much as I dislike Luke Burt! Suffer in your jocks, both.

I still maintain though the best two ever wins over Parra were at Leichhardt Oval. 1999 in the pouring rain when we played our last game there as Balmain, and then Rd 2 or 3 in 2002 after Parra had made the GF the year before. I love seeing Parra fans slink home after a loss... they are a special breed of irritating supporters. Them, Dragons fans and Doggies fans drive me up the wall.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:14 pm

Eddie wrote:Just thinking when Burt lined up that kick today at the end.10 years ago, the last time we played a Sunday Afternoon game at Parra Stadium. Around about the same time of year in front of a full house with both sides desperate. I was sitting in the same place (originally the hill) when Clinton Shifkofske lined up a kick to level the scores after the siren after a late Parramatta surge of tries. It was from the sideline and fell just short. Quite eerily similar finishes, although I never really expected Burt to miss, however it crossed my mind.

Eddie in 2007 wasnt it Steve Clark that pinged Payten for a dubious strip in extra time??? Also very similar to yesterday we dominated for most of the game only to have Clark do all in his powers to get them back into the contest and eventually over the line. Iam glad yesterday justice prevailed and the better team won

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:36 pm

That 2000 game will forever be remembered for Darren senters Brilliant stalling tactics. How he stayed on the field I will never know, man I loved Daz lol

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 2:04 pm

"Your treading on very very thin ice Darren"

The ref was Steve Clarke on both occasions 2000 and 2007. Supercoach your rightin the 2007 game i think Steve Clarke penalised us about 13 times and twice in Golden point one for being inside the 10!, the first and only time in golden point history a team has been pinged for being inside the 10.

Clarke hated the Tigers, his replacement these days is horse head Maxwell. Hayne Shayne was been good to us over the years,yesterday a bit of a one off.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 2:12 pm

fergiefurr wrote:That 2000 game will forever be remembered for Darren senters Brilliant stalling tactics. How he stayed on the field I will never know, man I loved Daz lol
Aarrh... Darren Senter! Great Footballer, always lead from the front and didnt mind putting on a stink to give his team a rest or to wind down the clock...

I reckon he could tell a few yarns at the Local over a few beers!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 2:37 pm

yeah i was at that game. went berko in the concourse. always love beating parra. always
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?