Melbourne Storm insist they would have won NRL competition a

innsaneink

Melbourne Storm insist they would have won NRL competition a

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:42 am

THEY'VE been disgraced and disqualified, but Melbourne Storm have a message for the eight teams that will contest the finals in their absence: we're still the best.

Storm five-eighth Brett Finch revealed the Storm players steadfastly believe they would have defended the crown that was stripped following this year's salary cap scandal.

Taking aim at the NRL ahead of his team's penultimate outing against Wests Tigers tomorrow, Finch labelled the decision to make Melbourne play for nothing this season a "disgrace" and returned fire at critics who believe the illegal Storm has affected the finals chances of certain teams.

"Even now I still can't believe the NRL has let us play the whole season for nothing," Finch told The Daily Telegraph. "It's a disgrace ... you've got guys like [Canberra Raiders president] John McIntyre coming out on their soap box and saying we've cost them a finals spot.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage

* Finch: The last NRL larrikin

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"Well, we're just doing what we've been told to do. Maybe they should've just kicked us out of the
comp - but don't get angry at us. Get angry at the NRL. It was their decision and I still shake my head," Finch added.

Even though four months have passed since the punishment was imposed, Finch said his teammates sometimes forgot they were no longer vying for the premiership.

"There was certainly emotion and adrenalin at the start, but after a month it was like, 'How are we going to get through this?'

"It's really tough now because all the talk is about finals, and we still truly believe we're the best team in the comp.

"You have to check yourself. You hear all the other teams mentioned, but we're not. You momentarily think, 'Why isn't anyone mentioning us?'

"And then you remember why."

Finch is in doubt for tomorrow's clash at Leichhardt Oval with a hand complaint.

Star centre Greg Inglis is also racing the clock to recover from a virus, while Billy Slater has been out of action for much of the week celebrating the birth of his first son, Jake, on Tuesday afternoon.

The Storm have re-signed several members of their generation next to new deals as they look to rebuild.

Dane Nielsen, Bryan Norrie, Justin O'Neill and Rory Kostjasyn have all signed on for two more seasons, while Luke Kelly and Robbie Rochow have extended their contracts until the end of 2011.

The club also officially announced the signing of experienced props Adam Woolnough and Troy Thompson, along with young Warriors winger Elijah Niko.

The Storm's final home game against Newcastle on September 5 is a sellout. The club priced tickets at $1 as a thank you to fans.

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:51 am

they can insist all they want... fact is, theyre not in the finals because they cheated...

... get over it finch...you cheated, you pay the price.. thats it.
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

alien

Post by alien » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:55 am

The only reason they won last year is because they had an unfair advantage - THEY CHEATED. Why can't they get that through their thick skulls. They are in denial and they want everyone to feel sorry for them.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 1:35 am

Bit like the Italians in the World Cup CHEATING....
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 5:01 am

//Storm five-eighth Brett Finch revealed the Storm players steadfastly believe they would have defended the crown that was stripped following this year's salary cap scandal.//

no joke Einstein, but that would probably happen because YOU'RE CHEATING!

alien

Post by alien » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 5:06 am

They don't get it do they.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 5:10 am

alien wrote:They don't get it do they.

off course they dont get it they where the victims in all of this just ask them :brick:

MAFIA

Post by MAFIA » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 5:17 am

something that good has to go up in the dressing room

alien

Post by alien » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 5:38 am

jadtiger wrote:
alien wrote:They don't get it do they.

off course they dont get it they where the victims in all of this just ask them :brick:
Bellamy is trying to make others outside of Camp Melbourne feel guilty when he is guilty.

Tigers 2010

Post by Tigers 2010 » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 7:20 am

Is Finch serious? Deadset give him an uppercut....almost the stupidest thing I have read in 2010.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 7:32 am

would not suprise me that in 5 or 10 years time, they will admit , they knew all about it.
of course they are going to deny it now, they think they are hard done by.
maybe with all the extra money they earned, they can pool it together, and build a bridge to get over it.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

JET

Post by JET » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 8:01 am

Sunday night at your place!
Wife " Did you have a nice afternoon Dear?"
Husband '" Did I what! I waved my wooden spoon all afternoon and I booed and called the Storm scum and cheats and even
yelled out 'lolly legs' when Cameron Smith was kicking for goal.
Wife " What was their reaction?
Husband " They looked at us as if we were a bunch of peanuts." Edited by Mod
Wife ' And what was the game like?'
Husband "Game what game"

willow

Post by willow » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 8:34 am

Two problems with that article:

1. Finch is not quoted anywhere saying the Storm would have won this year's comp, he says the Storm feel they are still the best team.
2. It is written by Pinnochio himself, Josh Massoud, whose credibility is laughable at best.

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 8:53 am

The fact that Finch is saying "It's really tough now because all the talk is about finals, and we still truly believe we're the best team in the comp." just shows how the Melbourne team don't get it at all. I would probably agree with you Finch, if Wests Tigers had an extra 1.5 million up their salary cap sleve then things would be alot different. What an idiot. If a athlete competes using steroids then they are probably going to be the best of the lot, but its not fair and its cheating. Figure it out finch and the rest of you drongos down in melbourne!!!!!!!!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 9:01 am

JET wrote:Sunday night at your place!
Wife " Did you have a nice afternoon Dear?"
Husband '" Did I what! I waved my wooden spoon all afternoon and I booed and called the Storm scum and cheats and even
yelled out 'lolly legs' when Cameron Smith was kicking for goal.
Wife " What was their reaction?
Husband " They looked at us as if we were a bunch of wankers."
Wife ' And what was the game like?'
Husband "Game what game"
Hug a tree...you'll feel better.

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 9:40 am

If the Tiges need any extra motivation here it is. Funny if Finch has made these comments he could be still missing from the game on Sunday. I'm sure his teammates will appreciate his comments. Smash these cheats

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 9:41 am

alien wrote:The only reason they won last year is because they had an unfair advantage - THEY CHEATED. Why can't they get that through their thick skulls. They are in denial and they want everyone to feel sorry for them.
Get over it!!!!
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 9:46 am

Geo. wrote:
alien wrote:The only reason they won last year is because they had an unfair advantage - THEY CHEATED. Why can't they get that through their thick skulls. They are in denial and they want everyone to feel sorry for them.
Get over it!!!!
Strange comment....the post is relevant and on topic.