Melbourne Storm insist they would have won NRL competition a

User avatar
Team Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu 18 Mar, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Melbourne Storm insist they would have won NRL competition a

Post by Team Tiger » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 10:28 am

Take Inglis, Cronk and Smith out of the Storm team to even out the money. How well would they go then?
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.


User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 10:50 am

If you asked every player from most clubs, they would say they were good enough...

Unfortunately, after next week there will only be 8 left to prove that theory, 6 the following week, 4 the next, and then in the final week, only 2 teams will be able to prove their theory correct.

I don't think Melbourne will ever know?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:12 am

I actually agree with Finch's comments and makes it imperative we beat them tomorrow. Manly can claim they won the comp despite Melbourne's indiscretions and I want us to be able to say the same if we win the competition.

We must win tomorrow.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:16 am

It is a win win comment.

If they lose Sunday they will talk about lack of motivation and how it's the NRL's fault. If they win it will be about how they are the best side and that the NRL cost them the chance to compete.

Denial is a wonderfull thing and the opinion d;jour around Storm HQ this season.

Whatever helps the guy sleep at night really
Image

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:25 am

Geo. wrote:
alien wrote:The only reason they won last year is because they had an unfair advantage - THEY CHEATED. Why can't they get that through their thick skulls. They are in denial and they want everyone to feel sorry for them.
Get over it!!!!
No. :)
Last edited by alien on Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:29 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:I actually agree with Finch's comments and makes it imperative we beat them tomorrow. Manly can claim they won the comp despite Melbourne's indiscretions and I want us to be able to say the same if we win the competition.

We must win tomorrow.
If Wests win the comp I don't think they would care much if Melbourne beat them during the year. After all Melbourne cheated.

User avatar
Icon
Member
Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Icon » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:36 am

I hope the tigers players get just as pissed off as i did reading that diatribe

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:38 am

JET wrote:Sunday night at your place!
Wife " Did you have a nice afternoon Dear?"
Husband '" Did I what! I waved my wooden spoon all afternoon and I booed and called the Storm scum and cheats and even
yelled out 'lolly legs' when Cameron Smith was kicking for goal.
Wife " What was their reaction?
Husband " They looked at us as if we were a bunch of peanuts." Edited by Mod
Wife ' And what was the game like?'
Husband "Game what game"
JET - Melbourne Storm fan in disguise.

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:39 am

Did anyone watch Controversy Corner on The Matty Johns Show on Thursday? When Bellamy was asked how he felt towards the people responsible for the cheating all he said is he felt let down by some people but he wasn't that strong about it. He might have thought that if he attacked them too much they might tell people that he knew about it.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27523
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:42 am

alien wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:I actually agree with Finch's comments and makes it imperative we beat them tomorrow. Manly can claim they won the comp despite Melbourne's indiscretions and I want us to be able to say the same if we win the competition.

We must win tomorrow.
If Wests win the comp I don't think they would care much if Melbourne beat them during the year. After all Melbourne cheated.
The Cowboys hammered us in rd 6 2005 in Townsville...means sfa

User avatar
Mrs T
Member
Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Mrs T » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:56 am

westTAHger wrote:would not suprise me that in 5 or 10 years time, they will admit , they knew all about it.
of course they are going to deny it now, they think they are hard done by.

maybe with all the extra money they earned, they can pool it together, and build a bridge to get over it.
Lol, classic!

User avatar
crouching_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:00 pm

westTAHger wrote:would not suprise me that in 5 or 10 years time, they will admit , they knew all about it.
of course they are going to deny it now, they think they are hard done by.
maybe with all the extra money they earned, they can pool it together, and build a bridge to get over it.
Or hop aboard Inglis' boat and float under it..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:07 pm

All arrogant wood ducks. Beating Melbourne might just feel a bit better than beating parra. hmmm na nothing is better than beating parra

User avatar
casinokev
Member
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:41 am
Location: North Casino NSW

Post by casinokev » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 3:27 pm

Fraze23 wrote:All arrogant wood ducks. Beating Melbourne might just feel a bit better than beating parra. hmmm na nothing is better than beating parra
Na Nothing, it is sooooo sweeeeet
I HATE PARRA

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6867
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 4:15 pm

Brett Finch is a moron
"Even now I still can't believe the NRL has let us play the whole season for nothing,"
Yeah i expected them to completely ignore it and not punish you to....

Don't get angry at us. Get angry at the NRL. It was their decision and I still shake my head.
Oh sorry I forgot it was the NRLs fault you broke the salary cap.

And we still truly believe we're the best team in the comp.
Of course you are the best team in the comp, but only because you broke the restrictions designed to keep it even.



Enjoy your spoon Storm

User avatar
jackyg
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon 19 Apr, 2010 9:12 pm
Location: lilyfield

Post by jackyg » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 5:20 pm

JET wrote:Sunday night at your place!
Wife " Did you have a nice afternoon Dear?"
Husband '" Did I what! I waved my wooden spoon all afternoon and I booed and called the Storm scum and cheats and even
yelled out 'lolly legs' when Cameron Smith was kicking for goal.
Wife " What was their reaction?
Husband " They looked at us as if we were a bunch of peanuts." Edited by Mod
Wife ' And what was the game like?'
Husband "Game what game"
There's nothing wrong with giving them crap for their cheating. as long as people pay attention to the game I really don't see what's wrong with it. :sign:

User avatar
jackyg
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon 19 Apr, 2010 9:12 pm
Location: lilyfield

Post by jackyg » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 5:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Storm five-eighth Brett Finch revealed the Storm players steadfastly believe they would have defended the crown that was stripped following this year's salary cap scandal.

.
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
but they won't. tigers will :supporter: :sign: :supporter: :sign: :righton: :righton: :wahoo:

shiretiger
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: The Shire

Post by shiretiger » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 7:24 pm

KingOvKingz09 wrote:... get over it finch...you cheated, you pay the price.. thats it.
Technically the players didnt cheat - the management did.

Post Reply