Tigers Injuries

Chris

Tigers Injuries

Post by Chris » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:18 pm

Chris Lawrence - Broken Jaw will be operated on tonight at 6pm and will be back in 4 weeks
Wade McKinnon - Hamstring Strain
John Skandalis - Buttock Tare
Gareth Ellis - Calf Strain

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:22 pm

Ouch, had no idea about Ellis.

I sincerely hope he can make it back for week one of the finals. I'd rest him this weekend, no point risking anyone.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:27 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Ouch, had no idea about Ellis.

I sincerely hope he can make it back for week one of the finals. I'd rest him this weekend, no point risking anyone.

This is a good point. Do we rest anyone with injury next week now that the home final is secured. It might cost us a chance at 2nd place, but unless flogged by the Titans we still would finish 4th. Really for all of the injury problems we've had this year, it is amazing we are in 2nd position with one round left. Lawrence's injury certainly took the edge off a very good day. Good luck to him for a speedy recovery.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:31 pm

2GB just said they got mail that Moltzen is back!!

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:37 pm

Golden wrote:2GB just said they got mail that Moltzen is back!!
Can anyone confirm??

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:43 pm

Granto87 wrote:
Can anyone confirm??

Joel Caine was talking about it when news broke on Lawrence's injury. They were saying on 2GB that he had been training with the 1st grade team.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:44 pm

Return to sender, the mail is wrong.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:48 pm

[quote="Chris"]John Skandalis - Buttock Tare

Skando will be missed as he has been good but could you be a bit more specific with the injury.
I thought that Tare was the weight of Hindmarshes arse, did you mean Tear?. :lol:

willow

Post by willow » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:49 pm

GOOD DEPTH TO HELP COVER INJURIES
By Nathan Ross
29/08/2010 5:19:18 PM

Wests Tigers may well have secured a home semi final after their win over the Storm however it has come at a cost with four players struck down with injury.

Chris Lawrence’s season could be all but over unless the Tigers are still around in a month’s time. The bustling young centre went off early in the game with a confirmed broken jaw and will have an operation later this evening.

Despite the loss in strike power, Coach Tim Sheens sees it as more of a challenge for his side rather than disappointment when he addressed the after match press conference.

“This is certainly going to test our squad but the opportunity will go to guys like Geoff Daniela and Mitch Brown. Guys like that who have been around all year and helped us get to where we are” he said.

John Skandalis (torn buttock), Wade McKinnon (hamstring) and Gareth Ellis (calf strain) are the other Tigers battling injury.

“Wade just felt a twinge in the same hamstring that has given him trouble over the last few weeks but that could have been more fatigue than anything else,'' Sheens said.

"Gareth has a sore calf and John has a torn buttock. With the short turn around this week it will be difficult to get them right ahead of next Friday night.”

That said, it’s not the first time that the Tigers have had injury worries and Sheens reiterated the strength and depth that he now has in the squad.

“We have the guys in there to fill the gaps and it just goes to show if you stay around and keep putting your head down, you’ll get the opportunities,'' he added.

The Tigers were also without first choice pick, Liam Fulton who succumbed to a leg injury and was forced to withdraw before the match.

Bryce Gibbs is also on the casualty list with a knee problem that he suffered against Penrith two weeks ago.

Sheens admitted that while they both wanted to play today, they were left out with longer term views in mind and also indicated that they could come under consideration for next week.

What is certain though is a home semi final and win next week would secure second spot.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:49 pm

so fults and gibbs could be late inclusions and mckinnon and ellis are still a chance?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:50 pm

I'd leave Ellis out for this week.

Would be great if McKinnon's injury was only minor as well.

wtffl2005

Post by wtffl2005 » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:53 pm

id be keeping all the players who are not 100% fit out for the titans game

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 8:22 am

Wow talk about an injury toll- Lawrence, McKinnon, Skandallis, Ellis, Gibbs, Fulton, Moltzen and Tuiaki. Players like Ellis and Fulton should not be risked this week. It's always a tough assignment to win up there and even tougher now. If we can't win we need to try and stay within 16 points and hope the Panthers slip up tonight or against the Sharks.

I guess if anything it gives the fringe players like Flanagan, Brown and Daniella etc the chance to tie up semi finals spots.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 8:47 am

I would wager we can thank Merrits jumping tackle around Chris's skull for the initial damage to the jaw. It's a good thing he didn't get cited or anything

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 9:15 am

Granto87 wrote:
Can anyone confirm??
ITs confirmed he isnt....

100% he isnt going to be back for 2010.. yes he is prob still training with 1sts but so what.. so is Tuiaki..

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 9:29 am

smeghead wrote:I would wager we can thank Merrits jumping tackle around Chris's skull for the initial damage to the jaw. It's a good thing he didn't get cited or anything
Oh come on, it was a good "ball and all" tackle... The Terrorgraph reported it that way, so it must be true :roll:

BTW, anyone catch G. Stewart's shot on Anasta? I can't stand Bwaif but if Stewart doesn't get at least three weeks for that then I'm not here.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah could be handy if we play Manly and Stewart is not there. 2 weeks minimum in my opinion

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 10:11 am

Rest Ellis and Mckinnon - We have an opportunity to start Dwyer, Daniella and Brown again and get the youngsters another game to build their confidence before the finals campaign.

In addition - This will do them wonders for 2011.
UTT - Up The Tigers