Fifita...

fergiefurr

Re: Fifita...

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 10:40 pm

Was actually a penrith junior then moves to Griffith with his brother at 16. Came to Sydney at the back end of 08 to sign with the sharks (he actually played a trial NYC game with them) but then we snuck under their guard and nabbed Andrew and his brother. Great work by the club!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 10:41 pm

He's been terrific all year Geo...got a huge future.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 1:13 am

i just wish the tigers and fifita can come to an agreement on a new contract.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 1:48 am

Balmain Bug wrote:I heard somewhere he is Greek
No wonder why he is good then! :)

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 4:49 am

He wont play Origin next year but if he continues his destructive ways he'll be there 2012. Who he'll play for is anyone's guess. DOesnt matter where you're born and played your first senior league, if QLD want you they'll get you! e.g. Inglis, Falou in more recent times

Starcraft

Post by Starcraft » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 5:48 am

I believe he is actually queenslander because he played his 1st senior football up here I am not 100% certain of that though just what i had heard.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 8:27 am

Good thread Geo.

And his performances over the last 3 weeks is why I had to piss my pants laughing at some of the comments made about his weight. TBH, the bloke's hardly got any dough around the guts and has an adequate fitness level, sure, not as good as some at WT's, but when you look at the physical structure of the man, he's obviously never going to be as fit as some. Coming off the bench, he provides the impact we need in the fowards, Galloway was useless AGAIN yesterday, we had to rely on the Back rowers to do the hard work up front. The bloke is the future of our foward pack.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 8:40 am

The club must hang on to him, great impact off the bench

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 8:57 am

citizen cub wrote:Good thread Geo.

And his performances over the last 3 weeks is why I had to p**s my pants laughing at some of the comments made about his weight. TBH, the bloke's hardly got any dough around the guts and has an adequate fitness level, sure, not as good as some at WT's, but when you look at the physical structure of the man, he's obviously never going to be as fit as some. Coming off the bench, he provides the impact we need in the fowards, Galloway was useless AGAIN yesterday, we had to rely on the Back rowers to do the hard work up front. The bloke is the future of our foward pack.
Yeah because Galloways 140 odd metres were just terrible :roll: :roll:

Fifita is coming along nicely.

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 9:13 am

Galloway obviously has to score 12 tries, make six thousand tackles and find a cure for cancer before he get's any credit.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 9:34 am

I thought Galloway was better than Fifita yesterday. Fifita is a gun however Galloway is a better prop at this point.

When you add Gibbs and Payten to our prop rotation and you have Ellis and Heighington belting it up as well our pack looks real good.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 9:43 am

And his performances over the last 3 weeks is why I had to p**s my pants laughing at some of the comments made about his weight. TBH, the bloke's hardly got any dough around the guts and has an adequate fitness level, sure, not as good as some at WT's, but when you look at the physical structure of the man, he's obviously never going to be as fit as some. Coming off the bench, he provides the impact we need in the fowards, Galloway was useless AGAIN yesterday, we had to rely on the Back rowers to do the hard work up front. The bloke is the future of our foward pack.
Dunno what game you were watching yesterday as Galloway was pretty good and made over 140 metres.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 9:45 am

Galloway was close to the best forward on the Park.....This is about praising young a bloke who has been fantastic...the reason Fifta was dropped was only partly due to his weight...he was stuggling with the grind the Manly game was evidence of that. Sheens dropped him to freshen him up and it's worked a treat......

Please don't taint a thread cause you hate Galloway's guts...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 10:32 am

spaceman wrote:Best up and comming prop going around.....is he eligable for origin, if he is he would be in my NSW side next year
NSW Starting Props in few years time
A Fifita and T Mannah with Robbie F @ 9

I Like.
UTT - Up The Tigers

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:08 pm

Fifita got my 2 points yesterday, just for pure impact.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 7:03 pm

mike wrote:Fifita got my 2 points yesterday, just for pure impact.

Sure that Fifita's Dad/Uncle is Johnny Fifita, who played for Saints in the 70's.

http://www.findthatcard.com.au/index.ph ... cts_id=441" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fifita's numbers against Galloway's looked good yesterday. Big Keith is just a footballer I'm afraid, his rate of improvement has been negligible over a 5 season period