Thoughts about the game?

citizen cub

Thoughts about the game?

Post by citizen cub » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 10:33 am

What did you think about the yesterday's performance? I thought the attack was a little rushed at times, their outside backs put us under a lot pressure at times and I sometimes thought the only way to score was through a kick. General kicking was decent I thought, Farah from dummy half always seems to find the touch line and gain some much needed territory, Marshall put up a few good bombs, but again, put in some pointless kicks. Goal kicking was okay, Marshall nailed one from the sideline, but again missed a couple he should get. Defensively, we kept them at bay most of the time, apart from those 3 sets in which they scored tries. Heighington, Payten and Ellis were again, very solid in defence not missing many tackles. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10, still some stuff to work on, what do you reckon?
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 10:39 am

I think the virus that went through a few of the boys plus turning around from an energy sapping performance against the Eels showed their impact.

It was a composed if not polished performance.

A zero man bench at the end is a real concern with the short turnaround to Friday but thats another thread

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 11:02 am

I reckon the Tigers did enough to win. Even when Melbourne closed the gap at times I thought we had another gear to go into. Glad to get the win, but I was always confident yesterday.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 11:22 am

I think the Pigs won us the game again....allowed Marshall and Farah to do their thing....

There were sets in the first and second half where we kept the Storm in their end built on great defence from Galloway Payten Dwyer Heignington....Ellis burried a few as usual and the whole team lifted....

Heighington's chase on a great Benji long kick at 16- 14 was class ...the Storm didn't make it to the 40 on that set...

The only time they came into it was on the back of a penalty and a mistake....

Great win considering injuries during the game...9.5 out of 10

BRING ON THE titans...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 11:28 am

It was substance over style with a few class touches from Benji. Great work from the guys up front too, all heart. Next week will be a real test though, espesh with the injuries we have sustained.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 11:34 am

I thought at times they were actually a little flat, low in intensity. I put this down to last weekend’s match. I did not get the feel that this was at semi-final intensity.

They did enough to control the game and win. Forwards definitely laid the platform that allowed the playmakers the opportunities required.

In summary a good win.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:19 pm

I don't think you can discount the fact that the Storm have the 2nd best defensive in the league by a long way. To put 26 points on them is a pretty good effort, i think.
I wasn't sitting in my usual seat and watched from an odd angle so it was all a bit strange to me yesterday.

scarcev

Post by scarcev » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 7:16 pm

As for Marshall's kicking, I dont know if it was clear on tv but at the ground there was a real annoying blusterly cross breeze, not a good day to be kicking. Playing a side with the Australian 1 and 9 after a big effort the week before, we go down to a one man bench and still win pulling away in the straight.......I reckon we are all underestimating how good a performance that was.

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 11:26 pm

Brown is very quickly becoming my favourite player

great defensive performance.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Tue 31 Aug, 2010 7:42 am

Sataris wrote:Brown is very quickly becoming my favourite player

He also caught one of Benji's flick passes - something that others have failed to do!
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Tue 31 Aug, 2010 8:18 am

And how good was that take under pressure... we need to be worried as he might be targetted the by GWS GayFL team!!
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 31 Aug, 2010 7:13 pm

Pretty scrappy game

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 01 Sep, 2010 3:08 pm

Team Tiger wrote:

And how good was that take under pressure... we need to be worried as he might be targetted the by GWS GayFL team!!
As i mentioned in other posts , Brown is a player that works on cofidence and right now his is doing great.

I have no doubt if he repeats that take 1 more time a lot of G_ _ FL teams will start looking to scout him.

That sort of take inspires the rest of the team , goes to show everyone is doing there little bit.
Benji and Robbie their bit , Fifita his and centres and wing theirs..not to mention our 2nd row which is 2nd to none..
So a collective effort , which is great to see .