What Blake Ayshford Needs....

User avatar
Balmain Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue 08 Sep, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Inner West

What Blake Ayshford Needs....

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 4:19 pm

is a fullback supporting him on every run he makes!!
how many linebreaks could of been made if someone was supporting him as he tore through the defensive line over and over.

the last few weeks he has been very impressive with his tackle breaking and the ability to get his arm free for offloads.
looking forward to watching him in the weeks to come!
Image


User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5092
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 4:32 pm

be careful what you wish for.... he may have one next week depending on Mckinnons Hammy....
Image

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7872
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 4:42 pm

But he hardly ever passes anyway. He gets his arms free and then holds on despite the support tbh. He's like the opposite of Benji.

User avatar
Balmain Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue 08 Sep, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Inner West

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 4:44 pm

MacDougall wrote:But he hardly ever passes anyway. He gets his arms free and then holds on despite the support tbh. He's like the opposite of Benji.
from what ive been seeing he either has ryan on the wrong side of him or noone backing him up
Image

User avatar
Jazza
Member
Member
Posts: 1980
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:38 am
Location: Glen Alpine

Post by Jazza » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:22 pm

What he really needs is the same attitude in defence as Chris Lawrence.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7872
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:28 pm

I hope there is a statistic for it but I'm sure he has passed to Ryan less per game than any other centre-wing combination in the NRL.

Starcraft

Post by Starcraft » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 5:44 pm

I thought Blake has improved the last couple of weeks but he still needs to work on his defense as he can be caught flat footed. as far as being able to offload more often as he breaks tackles I like that he is a bit more selective when he passes we have enough guys who push the envelope

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5711
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 6:07 pm

Blake will play for Australia if he can learn to set up his support men. He has an uncanny nack for pucnhing thru the line and if he could just have the slight of hand like a Paul McGregor or a Jacin Sinclair had, he could be anything.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27213
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 6:09 pm

is a huge pat on the back....

Fantastic game from Ayshford...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
benjibrotown
Member
Member
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed 02 Sep, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 6:15 pm

Geo. wrote:is a huge pat on the back....

Fantastic game from Ayshford...
Agreed, thought he very dangerous today.

Tiger_heart
Member
Member
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 6:18 pm

king sirro wrote:Blake will play for Australia if he can learn to set up his support men. He has an uncanny nack for pucnhing thru the line and if he could just have the slight of hand like a Paul McGregor or a Jacin Sinclair had, he could be anything.
Jacin Sinclair? One of those raising stars that never actually rose, despite enormous talent, (sadly)

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5711
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 6:30 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:
king sirro wrote:Blake will play for Australia if he can learn to set up his support men. He has an uncanny nack for pucnhing thru the line and if he could just have the slight of hand like a Paul McGregor or a Jacin Sinclair had, he could be anything.
Jacin Sinclair? One of those raising stars that never actually rose, despite enormous talent, (sadly)

Yeh, im just referring to the slight of hand. Sinclair unfulfilled in so many ways, but he's pretty much the best centre to play NRL when it comes to setting up his support players
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 7:02 pm

Ryan's positioning was terrible today. Didn't help Ayshford at all

clontarfkid
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 7:29 pm

Ryans positioning is ordinary most days.Always ahead of the pass,or simply way behind...thats what happens when u lack genuine pace.
We must have a better prospect in our ranks somewhere,surely.Are he & Fitz the same person?

User avatar
izotope
Member
Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by izotope » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:40 pm

clontarfkid wrote:Ryans positioning is ordinary most days.Always ahead of the pass,or simply way behind...thats what happens when u lack genuine pace.
We must have a better prospect in our ranks somewhere,surely.Are he & Fitz the same person?
taniela tuiaki, tame tupou!
tigers!

sunshine coast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Back in Sydney

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 5:35 am

I would love to see Blake with a quick winger with good positional sense outside him. Blake has been let down a lot by his wingers this season. Blake can pass the ball well but only if someone is there. Blake is still learning but in him and Lawrence we have a good centre pairing going forward.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 8:54 am

He looked great and gave good service to Brown when he played right wing.
Image

Tigerdale
Member
Member
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 9:43 am

MacDougall wrote:I hope there is a statistic for it but I'm sure he has passed to Ryan less per game than any other centre-wing combination in the NRL.
wrong......Ben Pomeroy still plays in the NRL

Post Reply