eaney meaney miney NO

alien

Re: eaney meaney miney NO

Post by alien » Fri 03 Sep, 2010 11:57 pm

It was a good play by Prince.

I wish we still had him at Wests Tigers! :(

Post by 851 » Fri 03 Sep, 2010 11:58 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:The penalty by Lote when we had the ball was crucial!

Meaney was poor but not as bad as he was in last years GF. I don't know why you guys talk him up so much. If that is the standard we are looking for then I can't wait to see Pritchard when he gets a chance.

Lui did a bad miss in Zillman, but they were running all their traffic at him. I think he has improved out of sight this year and Benji plays better with Lui there. He needs to run the ball a little more but his passing is crisp. He wasn't the reason we lost tonight.

Oh, and why would we pull Dwyer off after a couple of mistakes and ruin him mentally for the rest of his career? Remember Steve Mavin?
I agree,Meaney was ordinary tonight and in the GF last year,2 big chances to impress and 2 fails,Lui is crap,he can't tackle and takes poor options,Dwyer was off tonight but he has played well up until tonight,we can finish no worse than 3rd so all is not lost.
Go hard or go home

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 2:11 am

Long time reader crew was a memeber in the other forum just signed up here to say WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!
How can you guys be serious in slagging the team and asking for peoples heads in a team that has 1000 injuries and young virtually untried players and only loses to the team coming 3rd by 3? Personally i couldnt be prouder of the team this year as whether people think the comp is weaker or no we are currently the 2nd best team.

Meaney, dont know alot about the kid but he was on a hiding to nothing as he has come into a must win came against and opp with an awesome kicking game.

Lui is has defensive issues but he has had all year and the team is sitting 2nd. The reason we lost today was injuries and to be fair our full strength squad smashes the titans today.

anyway if we are 2nd or 3rd this time every year im a happy man

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 7:29 am

adrian wrote:has had 4 training sessions with the squad all year. One day this week

bad miss on the bomb and bad knock on from dummy half but even farah did that tonight

and the titans cut through him for their last try like he wasnt there.it was an easy opportunity to put him into touch and it was a gimme for any first grade fullback.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 8:17 am

Balmain Tiger wrote:scapegoat for rd 26....
it would appear so. :roll:
suprised that no blame has been targeted on fitzy as well. ;)
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 8:29 am

id have him back if needed. just to see how he goes when the rest of the team ain't dropping balls & creating pressure.

it is a good title though, even if it has the wrong message.

and Lui has done far too many good things to let a few missed tackles early in his career to stop him from progressing.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 8:42 am

Tigersmurf wrote:Oh, and why would we pull Dwyer off after a couple of mistakes and ruin him mentally for the rest of his career? Remember Steve Mavin?
Because this is about winning games and he couldn't hold the ball and was shirt grabbing in defence. The best thing that happened to him last night was getting taken off. He regathered and had a better second stint.

On Meaney I thought he was solid. He made a couple of errors but aside from McKinnon there isn't anyone we have put back there that hasn't made errors under the high ball. The upside is he retained possession after the drop. It was a pig of a kick.

Fitness was a big issue. Any player who comes up from State Cup will tell you the difference in pace of the game and he was cramping at the end of the game. But that in itself is not too suprising considering the humid conditions at the ground yesterday.

Overall pretty happy with his performance considering preparation time.

Hopefully gets an off season with an NRL squad and is allowed a chance at full time football

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 8:44 am

I'd be happy to give Meany another shot at fullback if McKinnon is not fit. Brown had a top game in the centres

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 8:51 am

Some silly errors we will learn from and how many players did we have out? That's why we lost cannot see a reason to blame Meaney or Lui wake up people!

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:00 am

smeghead wrote:
tigersmurf wrote:oh, and why would we pull dwyer off after a couple of mistakes and ruin him mentally for the rest of his career? Remember steve mavin?
because this is about winning games and he couldn't hold the ball and was shirt grabbing in defence. The best thing that happened to him last night was getting taken off. He regathered and had a better second stint.

On meaney i thought he was solid. He made a couple of errors but aside from mckinnon there isn't anyone we have put back there that hasn't made errors under the high ball. The upside is he retained possession after the drop. It was a pig of a kick.

Fitness was a big issue. Any player who comes up from state cup will tell you the difference in pace of the game and he was cramping at the end of the game. But that in itself is not too suprising considering the humid conditions at the ground yesterday.

Overall pretty happy with his performance considering preparation time.

Hopefully gets an off season with an nrl squad and is allowed a chance at full time football

are you serious smeg he drops the ball and you say theres upside as he dives on it with no one around him.at least he didnt pass it to the other team.we will look much better next week with brown back there and daniella in the centres.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:03 am

Of course there is an upside if he dives on it.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:05 am

smeghead wrote:of course there is an upside if he dives on it.

as opposed to saying stuff yas you dive on it im goin to play golf :brick:

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:08 am

Probably a good idea. Clear your head and enjoy the weekend.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:15 am

magpie mania wrote:
smeghead wrote:of course there is an upside if he dives on it.

as opposed to saying stuff yas you dive on it im goin to play golf :brick:
smeghead wrote:probably a good idea. Clear your head and enjoy the weekend.

you can pla 18 holes too smeg youll find them above your shoulders young man.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:18 am

He certainly didnt lose us the game and I was actually really proud of the teams performance considering our injuries and the last minute withdrawal of Daniella. However if the Panthers slip into second which is pretty likely then I wouldnt be risking Meaney at the back week one of the finals, potentially a knock out game and not a place where we need an inexperienced player trying to fit into our team and rebuild some confidence after a couple of dropped balls.

My preference would be if Mckinnon is still out then Brown to FB, may not have the best support play but makes up for that in other aspects of his play. Not sure where that leaves us in the centres (assuming Daniella isnt playing) and the scary part of that is the prospect of Ryan being pushed into centre with Fitzy onto the wing.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:19 am

You've been morning drinking again haven't you magpie mania? :)

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:57 am

smeghead wrote:you've been morning drinking again haven't you magpie mania? :)

no i think youve been coming home too late from your discos smeg :d :lol: :lol:

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 10:05 am

Discos?? Are we back in the 90's and nobody told me?