McKinnon and troops returning

TheDen

McKinnon and troops returning

Post by TheDen » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:03 am

Have to say was extremely proud of the boys effort last night with the troops we are missing and going down 13-0 early.

So does anyone have the inside word on McKinnon? Is he going to be available for selection next week? Would be great if we get the Warriors and he is fit to play as no doubt he would have a point to prove.

With Gibbs and Fulton returning our forward pack is looking in good shape. Fingers crossed the injury gods look after us for the rest of the season. Lawrence is a massive loss but was very impressed with how Brown handled the position. Whats the go with Moors and Daniella? When will they be back

So with all things going to plan missing only Lawrence, Moltzen and Tuiaki at this time of the year is not too bad.

I think we are going to get Manly or the Warriors so lets hope both sides get bashed up while we put our feet up and enjoy the action

Think this is our strongest team available with all troops on deck

1.McKinnon
2.Tuqiri
3.Ayshford
4.Brown/Daniella
5.Ryan/Brown
6.Marshall
7.Lui
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Payten
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Galloway
15.Fifita
16.Dwyer
17.Daniella/Ryan

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:09 am

To be honest i would if fit have Daniella at centre and put Brown at FB. I know Mckinnon is a natural FB but he is just too risky he needs a full off season to get right.

Brown has been solid and would do us wellat the back and Daniella has real pace and that will serve us well.

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:11 am

A few people have been saying Daniella and Asyhford both play on the same side of the field. Is this going to be an issue if we name one of them out of position?

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:18 am

Someone mentioned it somewhere but just listened to Sheens on ABC and looks like it will Brown at the back and Ayshford and Daniella in the centres. Iron- I agree with you if McKinnon injury is too risky we should go with the safer option and not find ourselves down to a three man bench

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:22 am

If Daniella is fit that's certainly the best fb/ centre combination.
Personally I'd like Latu to replace Ryan on the wing and Ryan to go to the bench but I doubt that will happen.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:29 am

TheDen wrote:Someone mentioned it somewhere but just listened to Sheens on ABC and looks like it will Brown at the back and Ayshford and Daniella in the centres. Iron- I agree with you if McKinnon injury is too risky we should go with the safer option and not find ourselves down to a three man bench
It's mentioned in the next week's team thread. Sheens expects Fulton, Gibbs and Daniela back. McKinnon would be doubtful which he indicated Brown would play fullback. Fulton and Gibbs will really help stabilise the forward pack and help tighten up the ruck which will be a big advantage going into the finals.