THE scrum with 28 sec's left

habibsta33

Re: THE scrum with 28 sec's left

Post by habibsta33 » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:27 am

just watched the last 20 minutes of the game on FOX and it defnitely was a penalty
The commentators including laurie daley and i think mark braybrook were blowing up and saying it was a dead set penalty

we all feared it would happen but the referees look like to have cost a team their season..well done you annoying
@#$%......

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:31 am

mike wrote:
tigh wrote:
mike wrote: Sorry but once it passes by the second row it is play on. BH said that on Talkin' Sport only a week or so ago.
For gods sake - don't quote the rules if you do't know them.

Just as a half back must retire - so too must a player involved in the scrum. End of story. Penalty Tigers.
I was not quoting the rules just what BH had said in relation to when the ball has left the scrum.
it had not left the scrum - it was still in front of the lock when Nuuasala dived through the scrum!

Penalty Tigers in the real world!

lathami

Post by lathami » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:44 am

why was it time off when they dropped the ball, they did not pack the scrum, no fucken time off reff EDIT BY MODS, and to think i was glad we did not have archer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [automatically edited]

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:53 am

I'll be very interested in Sheens post match interview to see if he comments on this scrum and the referee

tigereye

Post by tigereye » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 1:48 am

99.99% of the time that scrum would have been re-fed.....mmmm

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 6:11 am

lathami wrote:why was it time off when they dropped the ball, they did not pack the scrum, no **** time off reff [automatically edited], and to think i was glad we did not have archer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****
Think it was because they were looking at the video to see if there was any way they could give the chooks a penalty because of Dwyers great hit.

Any scrum against the feed in normal games gets re-set. I haven't seen it on reply but live it looked like farah fed the scrum and Heingtion didn't pick up the ball. I would have had lui feed the scrum and farah pick up the ball

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 6:27 am

I haven't seen the replay, but from memory, the ball had not left the scrum at all. The Rooster ran through the middle of the scrum and dived on the ball, might be different on replay, don't know if I really want to sit through it again though

conno

Post by conno » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 8:27 am

I was sitting in my lounge room in Port Macquarie, Dwyer, just won us the game by belting Waerea-Hargreaves (who deserved it), then I sat up and noticed Robbie Farah was feeding the scrum, Robert Lui was nowhere in sight????? What are these guys doing??? Then good old Chris Heighington instead of just falling on the ball, he stared at the ball!!!!!!!! Farah had been at the back of the scrum all night, why change the routine????? They had already celebrated the win, need composure, havn't got any one to settle them down.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:07 am

How we lost that scrum is beyond me....I have never seen a scrum won against the feed all year!!!...shocker!...we win the scrum and we win the game!

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:12 am

That`s it. It definately should have been a penalty, but Farah should have made sure he put the ball in behind the back rowers legs and dived on it before anyone else had a chance.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:21 am

Don't ask me why we get the lock to pick up the ball from a scrum at that stage. Farah should have fed and collected it.

But yeah Heighno just stood and watched it, unbelieveable.

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:27 am

Its simple....we blew it in the game now you dont loose scrums....and please I dont want to hear another wests tigers fan call the Dragons chokers,I feel that word is a bit closer to our backyard

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:34 am

redemption wrote:
mike wrote:
tigh wrote:
For gods sake - don't quote the rules if you do't know them.

Just as a half back must retire - so too must a player involved in the scrum. End of story. Penalty Tigers.
I was not quoting the rules just what BH had said in relation to when the ball has left the scrum.
it had not left the scrum - it was still in front of the lock when Nuuasala dived through the scrum!

Penalty Tigers in the real world!
Heighno needed to stay bound in the scrum for it to be still in the scrum, heighno broke - looked at it - and the ball therefore was out
why was it time off when they dropped the ball, they did not pack the scrum, no **** time off reff EDIT BY MODS, and to think i was glad we did not have archer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****
Time off for the injured player.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:38 am

spaceman wrote:Its simple....we blew it in the game now you dont loose scrums....and please I dont want to hear another wests tigers fan call the Dragons chokers,I feel that word is a bit closer to our backyard
Hmmmm. :?

Why didnt the halfback feed the scrum, like they usually do?
Im guessing a shuffle with marshall off....all too much happening to follow it all

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:33 am

benji's punch was the dumbest mind explosion ive ever seen from us this season, costing us a min 4 points, we where running hot..... and i felt we where going to go into half time 30 nil.....

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:48 am

I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO 17 HEROS IN THE BLACK WHITE AND GOLD LAST NIGHT.

NUFF SAID.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 11:15 am

It shouldn't have been a scrum, we picked the ball up after a roosters knock on, play on.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 11:56 am

that scrum keeps playing in my head - cant believe still we didnt get the ball - the game was over - it will haunt me for a long time - thats destiny but - i need to move on and get a life.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"