Player ratings and team stats

willow

Player ratings and team stats

Post by willow » Sat 11 Sep, 2010 11:17 pm

No match report tonight folks. I won't reiterate how the match unfolded as many of us are still in shock, so instead I thought I'd take a look at the player and team stats for tonight.

4. Mitch Brown - Very good again tonight, safe at the back and brought the ball back straight and hard. 141 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 1 linebreak assist, 4 tackles. 8/10.

2. Lote Tuqiri - Strong game from Lote tonight, got in and did a lot of hard yards from dummyhalf, scored a nice try and did everything he could to try and help get the Tigers across the line. Valiant chase on SKD at the end, but he had too much of a head start. 146 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 linebreak, 3 tackle breaks, 3 tackles. 8/10.

3. Blake Ayshford - Excellent game tonight, defended really well and was a handful in attack, and did very well to hold off Carney in scoring his intercept try. 165 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 try assist, 1 linebreak assist, 5 tackle breaks, 21 tackles, 3 missed tackles. 8.5/10.

5. Beau Ryan - I thought Beau bounced back to form tonight, scoring a try, copping a cut nose and proving safe in general play and making decent metres. 164 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 linebreak, 7 tackle breaks, 4 tackles. 8/10.

6. Benji Marshall - Was playing well until injured late in the second half. The injury to his knee did not look good and i don't the Tigers chances without him to be honest. Fingers crossed it's only a minor injury, but I fear a ligament tear. 44 metres in attack, 1 linebreak, 1 linebreak assist, kicked for 328 metres, 9 tackles, 5 missed tackles. 7.5/10.

7. Rob Lui - Very good game from Lui, he was targeted in attack once again and did miss a few tackles, but he kept going back in and kept his head up, plus his ballplaying was improved tonight. Came up with a good trysaver late in the game, but all to no avail. He will have a massive job on his shoulders should the Tigers survive through to next week as Marshall will be very long odds to play. 99 metres in attack, 1 linebreak assist, 5 tackle breaks, 1 offload, kicked for 110 metres, 20 tackles, 5 missed tackles. 8/10.

8. Todd Payten - Good game from Todd, came up with some excellent defence once again and had a stronger game with the ball in hand I thought. Needs clean up surgery on his knee, but he'll battle through until the Tigers either win the comp or are eliminated. 98 metres in attack, 38 tackles, 4 missed tackles. 8/10.

9. Robbie Farah - Very good game tonight and it's a shame he couldn't land a second field goal to get the Tigers home. General kicking game was very good. 89 metres in attack, 2 offloads, 4 tackle breaks, kicked for 231 metres, 33 tackles. 8.5/10.

10. Keith Galloway - Another strong game from Keith up front and he made good metres all night. 167 metres in attack, 5 offloads, 24 tackles. 8.5/10.

11. Liam Fulton - Came off the bench tonight with Gibbs starting and Liam went alright, came up with some excellent tackles but was a bit quiet with the ball in hand. I think there's a chance he could have ended up with an injury out of tonight which would be another blow for the Tigers. 63 metres in attack, 29 tackles, 5 missed tackles. 7/10.

12. Gareth Ellis - Strong game, had some powerful runs, made some crunching hits and was unfortunately denied two tries, losing the ball over the line in the first one, and having the second disallowed due to Marshall punching on with Pearce. He was also placed on report which is another dampener on the Tigers night. 102 metres in attack, 4 tackle breaks, 28 tackles, 3 missed tackles. 8/10.

13. Chris Heighington - Very good game from Heighno, played the entire match and worked his backside off. Made plenty of metres and was one of the Tigers best. 180 metres in attack, 1 linebreak, 4 tackle breaks, 28 tackles, 3 missed tackles. 8.5/10.

14. Andrew Fifita - Left on the bench for an unusually long time tonight. I'm a bit surprised he wasn't used in the backend of the first half when the Tigers were dominating possession and field position. Went ok when he came on. 61 metres in attack, 9 tackles. 6/10.

15. Geoff Daniela - Partnered Ayshford in the centres and had a decent game until leaving the field in the second half with what looked to be a leg injury. Made a couple off good runs and defensively he looked fine. A shame to lose another player to injury. 94 metres in attack, 2 linebreaks, 1 offload, 11 tackles. 7.5/10.

16. Simon Dwyer - Bounced back with a solid game tonight after a poor performance last week. Copped a couple of heavy hits from Warea-Hargreaves but got him back with interest late in the game with an absolute bell ringer that really rattled the big fella up. 51 metres in attack, 1 offload, 17 tackles. 7/10

17. Bryce Gibbs - Started in the second row ahead of Fulton and had a good first stint with some excellent defence. Didn't make huge metres but went well considering he was coming back from a fractured kneecap. 94 metres in attack, 33 tackles. 8.5/10.

19. Ben Murdoch-Masila - Came on ahead of Fifita surprisingly, made a couple of decent runs although came up with an error, although I fail to see where he lost it on the replay. Anyway, this kid has plenty of promise and is one to watch for the future. 34 metres in attack, 8 tackles. 5/10.

Overall team stats (To be updated and Roosters in brackets):

Try assists: 2 (2)
Offloads: 14 (12)
Linebreaks: 8 (5)
Linebreak assists: 5 (4)
Tackles made: 325 (360)
1 on 1 tackles: 50 (35)
Missed tackles: 40 (46)
Tackle breaks: 46 (40)
Total metres made: 1799 (1745)
Possession: 51% (49%)
Completion rate: 32/46 = 70% (34/47 = 72%)
Errors: 14 (16)
Penalties conceded: 5 (3)

It's unfortunate for the Tigers that they won all of the key stats except on the scoreboard, the other disappointing aspect is the completion rate which dropped off in the second half as the fatigue kicked in.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Sep, 2010 11:49 pm

Ummm...Gibbs....9.5 for the 2 charge downs alone....

The rest...spot on...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

willow

Post by willow » Sat 11 Sep, 2010 11:50 pm

Geo. wrote:Ummm...Gibbs....9.5 for the 2 charge downs alone....

The rest...spot on...
They were all good mate, you're right about Gibbs chargedown, it was excellent. Just hate to see the team lose a game under those circumstances.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sat 11 Sep, 2010 11:59 pm

Did you not notice the attempted intercept by Lote where he left the entire left side defence posted 25 metres out (with Liam & Blake making a combined try-saver). 7 is closer to the mark!

I rate Lote - but his faults seem to go unmentioned unlike others (like Bryce for instance). His two overly-aggressive (and plainly stupid) penalties last week v. the Titans cost us badly.

Meanwhile Blake & Rob Lui cannot seem to do a thing right!!!

willow

Post by willow » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:04 am

redemption wrote:Did you not notice the attempted intercept by Lote where he left the entire left side defence posted 25 metres out (with Liam & Blake making a combined try-saver). 7 is closer to the mark!

I rate Lote - but his faults seem to go unmentioned unlike others (like Bryce for instance). His two overly-aggressive (and plainly stupid) penalties last week v. the Titans cost us badly.

Meanwhile Blake & Rob Lui cannot seem to do a thing right!!!
Blake and Lui played very well tonight, Lote did come in for the intercept, but that miss ultimately did not cost the Tigers, and aside from that he did plenty of the hard yards coming out of the Tigers end.

wicked_j

Post by wicked_j » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:08 am

redemption wrote:Did you not notice the attempted intercept by Lote where he left the entire left side defence posted 25 metres out
that happened a few times, not sure if it was tuqiri each time, but i noticed at least 3 times in the second half players going for the intercept when all they had to do was make a tackle

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:10 am

Lote comes off his wing waaaaay too much.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:41 am

thought lui was match better than farah,and gibbs should be rated a lot higher
benji was really quiet and besides a couple of kicks he was avg

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:53 am

Thanks Willow. I'm speechless too. I'd support the 9/10 for Bryce. I don't agree that you have oner rated Benji, he was always dangerous with the ball in his hands. After he left the field we had no attack, basically. Doesn't auger well for next week if he's injured. If there is a next week.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

AJ*

Post by AJ* » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 7:53 am

You missed giving Dwyer a rating, though deserves a 10 for his monster hit on JWH alone! Agree with others re Bryce Gibbs. His opening stint was incredible, and IMO it laid the foundation for most of the game. The Rorters were initially overpowered that first half, and Gibbs was a major reason for that.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 8:10 am

AJ* wrote:You missed giving Dwyer a rating, though deserves a 10 for his monster hit on JWH alone! Agree with others re Bryce Gibbs. His opening stint was incredible, and IMO it laid the foundation for most of the game. The Rorters were initially overpowered that first half, and Gibbs was a major reason for that.

Im not singling Dwyer out as theres so many things from last night that cost us, but he seems to be getting plenty of raps so i have to say i think he came up with some bad plays last night, most notably when we forced the Roosters to turn over the ball in their own half only for Dwyer to try and kick it ahead and give them possession back. They then went upfield and scored...it was a massive blunder. His defence at times was bad, but i think he had to cover for Daniela so im prepard to forgive him that.

But at the end of the day, the lord decided before this game who was going to win. After all that happened, theres no other way to look at it. Ellis drops the ball over line.......Benji throws a punch when in possession and costs us a try........heighno just watches the ball in the scrum as the ref doesnt penalise a Front rower for diving on it........Anasta some how lands that field goal......then we go down from an intercept.

It just wasnt meant to be
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 8:52 am

It was the best game of footy we have played all season for 65 min. Why do we lack that killer instinct to finish teams off. The roosters only got by because they defended like their lives depended on it. They did it from the 1st min to the last. They wanted it more in the end. As Siro said...someone up there didn't want us to win tonight.
We should of been 24-2 at halftime. 4 tries gone begging. I was crapping myself at the after Farah kicked the field goal as their attitude was we have got this game. How wrong they were.
We played the perfect game of football for 65 min in both defence and attack.
The greatest game of all can be the cruelest game of all. I am still hurting from this loss like everyone else.
Don't blame Sheens..he produce the perfect game plan....the boys just failed to execute it for the full 80 min.

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 11:13 am

X-Pac wrote:thought lui was match better than farah,and gibbs should be rated a lot higher
benji was really quiet and besides a couple of kicks he was avg
Mate what game were you watching. Lui is the weakest link in the team. Watch him in defence, he has nothing. Apart from the 1 tackle where he chased a 2nd rower and put him into touch, he has never ever dominated a tackle.
He played really well last night, but not as good as some people think.
the whole team played really well. this would have to be the most gut-wrenching loss in the clubs history.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:01 pm

Player and team stats have been updated, bumped up a couple of player ratings too.

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 1:00 pm

[/quote] game were you watching. Lui is the weakest link in the team. Watch him in defence, he has nothing. Apart from the 1 tackle where he chased a 2nd rower and put him into touch, he has never ever dominated a tackle.
He played really well last night, but not as good as some people think. [/quote]

of course he is the weakest link he is a 19 yr old halfback..... not 1 halfback in this comp is the LInk in teams defensive line!!!

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 1:02 pm

Great review Willow... cannot agree on Ryans rating... they killed us down his wing towards the end of the game...

Other than that... I've been VERY critical of Lui all season... he played VERY well last night...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 8:11 pm

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:It was the best game of footy we have played all season for 65 min. Why do we lack that killer instinct to finish teams off. The roosters only got by because they defended like their lives depended on it. They did it from the 1st min to the last. They wanted it more in the end. As Siro said...someone up there didn't want us to win tonight.
We should of been 24-2 at halftime. 4 tries gone begging. I was crapping myself at the after Farah kicked the field goal as their attitude was we have got this game. How wrong they were.
We played the perfect game of football for 65 min in both defence and attack.
The greatest game of all can be the cruelest game of all. I am still hurting from this loss like everyone else.
Don't blame Sheens..he produce the perfect game plan....the boys just failed to execute it for the full 80 min.
Agree 100% with your assement.

I also have bagged Ayshford but thought last night was his greatest game.His defensive reads were excellent.

I also thought Gibbs was a real hero 9.5.

And Mitch Brown looked all class.

The form we displayed for 65 would win us the premiership.What a shame.All the other games looked below par in comparison.If only we can back up and get past Canberra.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 8:13 pm

and also once Benji got hurt we were rudderless.Easts were the only team trying to score in the last 15 and beyond.