Goal Kicking

tsjonathan

Goal Kicking

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 3:31 pm

I know we have all been talking about how goal kicking would eventually cost us. Finals series are going to be close. And obviously a lot of things were the cause of the loss. But do you guys think if we had a better goal kicker we would of won comfortably? A few of my mates who were neutral fans were like "don't worry abot the goal kick, just bring it to the half way lline". lol

benji i think 1/3 ( I saw his kicks and one of them was waaaaaay off the mark)
carney 3/3 (although his shots were easier i think)

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 3:40 pm

all of benjis kicks came from the sideline which obviously made them more difficult. for those who are saying marshalls kicking cost us the game stop and think..we wouldnt even be in the finals if it wasnt for marshall. wake up

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:06 pm

A lot of this clubs tries are scored near the sidelines. Benji isn't the greatest kicker in the comp and I'm not sure if he enjoys it as much as other kickers either. He has room to improve in that area and will hopefully do that over the off-season.

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:11 pm

his kicks did not cost us the game, but had we had a more accurate kicker, we would be enjoying a week off right now.
the dogs found out the hard way how valuable el masri was when this season they lost a few games by small margins coz of goal kicking.
lets not kid ourselves here, an accurate kicker will take a bit of pressure off the team when they know their tried will be converted 8-9 times out of 10.

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 4:29 pm

The funny thing is that Marshall didn't kick that badly on the weekend. All his kicks were from out wide. Obviously the first one went through. The second didn't miss by much. Can't remember the third...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...