What were you doing?

Bismark

Re: What were you doing?

Post by Bismark » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:23 pm

I went ballistic saying we've won we've won.

And I felt euphoria, and relief. Just knowing we had got through this clash, we had a good chance of a week off, we'd avoided golden point/a loss, and had played the last 5 minutes with 12 men. Was an amazing feeling.

And then.....

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:26 pm

I initially thought it was Fifita.

I and most people around me were jumping around like mad men on the seats...couldn't believe what happened a few seconds later.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:53 pm

I started a Tigers chant that everyone around me joined in on.....it lasted exactly 30 seconds.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:55 pm

Speaking of chants, there was a group at the back of bay 12 who put in a great effort, their wests Tigers chants were good and continued through the game and best of all they upset the roosters supporters a few times it was hilarous to watch the glears.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:57 pm

I rose and screamed "ohhhhhh f***ing awesome hit!" then instantly realised he was about to be penalised. When he wasn't penalised I was so relieved but I still had a woeful feeling something was gonna go wrong.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:58 pm

hahaha thats where we were Cunno!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:59 pm

Saw the hit. Applauded. Turned to my mate and said Whats the bet that expletive deleted worthless expletive deleted Hayne will penalise that.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:59 pm

at the back of bay 12??

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:00 pm

MacDougall wrote:I rose and screamed "ohhhhhh f***ing awesome hit!" then instantly realised he was about to be penalised. When he wasn't penalised I was so relieved but I still had a woeful feeling something was gonna go wrong.
did your psychic vision into the future allow you to realise Ayshford and Lui are better players than you rated them all season?????

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:03 pm

Actually my mate jokingly said to me when we were jumping around like madmen that "we have to win the scrum first..."

:(

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:04 pm

redemption wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I rose and screamed "ohhhhhh f***ing awesome hit!" then instantly realised he was about to be penalised. When he wasn't penalised I was so relieved but I still had a woeful feeling something was gonna go wrong.
did your psychic vision into the future allow you to realise Ayshford and Lui are better players than you rated them all season?????
Hows the view from up on that high horse, champ?

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:05 pm

I hope you racked him afterwards hybrid. There is no excuse for that level of jinxing

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:22 pm

I was in shock, could not believe Id just seen the biggest hit of all times to win us the match and best of all it was on Warrear Hargraves. After Benji went off the feild I never thought we could win that match and for the first time I believed that we could.. This moment in time is what haunts me the most about this match.

Pierre M7

Post by Pierre M7 » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:24 pm

I was just cheering so much after seeing one of the best hits ever and then i started saying to everyone around me that I knew 1 point would separate both teams for a second I thought it would but then we all know what happened :(
"One flick and they're gone"

Digeze

Post by Digeze » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:32 pm

Like over 30,000 other people i jumped to my feet and let out a "wholly S***". Jumped about for a bit celebrating the biggest most crucial hit i've seen to win us a game.

Then i noticed the Vid ref was checking for high contact and i started packing my pants it was going to be a penalty.

Ruled a scrum and i was telling my mate next to me that they had to watch out for any 1-on-1 strips and just go one out and take the easy tackles.

Lost the scrum and i'm sure i probably let out a few more choice swear words (as i have everytime i've thought about "That Scrum" over the last 24 hours)

The rest is history. Now, when thinking about that game forever more, instead of being remembered like it should have been for "That Big Hit" it will be remembered as "That Scrum". One scrum, and we went from having a week off to rest all the injuries, to having to rely on the Dragons to avoid our season being over. I will never take a scrum feed for granted EVER again.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:37 pm

Digeze wrote:Like over 30,000 other people i jumped to my feet and let out a "wholly S***". Jumped about for a bit celebrating the biggest most crucial hit i've seen to win us a game.

Then i noticed the Vid ref was checking for high contact and i started packing my pants it was going to be a penalty.

Ruled a scrum and i was telling my mate next to me that they had to watch out for any 1-on-1 strips and just go one out and take the easy tackles.

Lost the scrum and i'm sure i probably let out a few more choice swear words (as i have everytime i've thought about "That Scrum" over the last 24 hours)

The rest is history. Now, when thinking about that game forever more, instead of being remembered like it should have been for "That Big Hit" it will be remembered as "That Scrum". One scrum, and we went from having a week off to rest all the injuries, to having to rely on the Dragons to avoid our season being over. I will never take a scrum feed for granted EVER again.
Holy s**t!

Wholly (not) Jesus!

enough said ....

PS - we won the scrum and they were allowed to dive/pick it up from within our ruck!!!!

Digeze

Post by Digeze » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:54 pm

Huh, my proclamation hadn't been baptised. It was a massive hit nonetheless.

chkbehind

Post by chkbehind » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 12:00 am

Went ape jumping up letting everyone know how massive it was. Yelling directly in my mates face that there is B Clyde! When sitting back down giving it to Hargraves on the replay screen about how soft he was. Have successfully blocked out everything that followed this