18. Harrison Leonard
19. Max Burey
20. Kiani Marshall
21. Billy Stapleton
22. Alatanu Wright
23. Bennet Wheelhouse

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... la-sharks/
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 22 Feb, 2018 12:34 pm

A few familiar faces here and a bunch of new ones. I hope the young half Stevanovic is up to it. Interesting to see the likes of Garzaniti listed. He was possibly the smallest player i've ever seen at u20 level last year. Hopefully he's filled out a bit

Hopefully the squad is bigger and faster this season. Last year was a disaster.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 5:29 pm

Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg downed by Sharks
Author Wests Tigers Timestamp Sat 24 Feb 2018, 04:26 PM

Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg side have gone down 24-10 to the Cronulla Sharks in their second and final trial match on Saturday at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

After a tough first half that saw the visitors lead 24-0 at the break, it was a much improved second stanza from the hosts who will take plenty from the match ahead of their season opener.

An early penalty saw the Sharks post first points of the day with Bronsen Xerri scoring a try down the left in the fifth minute. Teig Wilton was unsuccessful in his conversion attempt but he would soon redeem himself six minutes later when Braydon Trindall scored under the posts to give the visitors a 10-0 lead.

With errors aplenty from both sides, the Sharks extended their lead shortly before half-time with another effort down the left, before Luke Polselli took the score out to 20-0 in favour of the visitors.

A late interchange in the first half was made when Wests Tigers forward Moana Matakaiongo was taken from the field after an injury five metres out from the Sharks line, before Xerri crossed right on the stroke of half-time to give the visitors a commanding 24-0 advantage at half-time.

Off the back of two penalties early into the second half, Wests Tigers got on the board with James Tautaiolefua scoring his first for the afternoon, but his conversion rattled the upright to remain 24-4.

With a little spring in their step and an inch of hope, the Wests Tigers seemed to be putting up a fight in the second half against their superior opponents. Coming off the bench, Wests Tigers Lucas Castle made a break through the middle of strong Cronulla defensive line with support on his left — rounding the Sharks fullback do it all himself and give Tautaiolefua a simple conversion to cut the score to 24-10.

An injury to Harrison Leonard in the final minutes was a disappointing way to end the match for Wests Tigers, who won the second half 10-0 and will head in to Round 1 with plenty of confidence.

Cronulla Sharks 24 (Xerri 2, Trindell, Polselli, unknown, Wilton 2/5 goals) def. Wests Tigers 10 (Tautaiolefua, Castle tries; Tautaiolefua 1/2 goals) at Campbelltown Sports Stadium

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:23 am

We were utterly pathetic.

Looks like another long and unsuccessful season ahead. Exactly the same as last year. The entire team is way too small, too slow, and not skillful enough. Didn't fight hard enough either.

If the Sharks had kept their first half team on it would have been 50+. There were some sg ball guys who might add some punch to this team later in the year but for now, unless we were missing a heap of first team players (can only think of Lemuelu and maybe Mikaele if he stays down a grade) this team will be comprehensively beaten every week.

Israel Seufale was the clear standout. He made a good impact slotting in all over the backline, but the rest of the team was very, very average. Albeit against a very strong Sharks side.

Forwards got completely dominated. Halves were lost. Backs had nothing. Gibbs got completely man handled by Xerri on numerous occasions. We should be looking to sign this kid (along with every other NRL team)

But then the Sharks do a lot of recruitment for the SG Ball side, recruiting top kids from all over the state. We don't. They have a team of monsters and we pick the best of the local boys that don't get picked up by someone else.

Hopefully they can work really hard and improve as i'd like to watch them play this season but i sadly can't see how they'll be able to compete anytime soon

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 1:07 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:23 am

Looks like another long and unsuccessful season ahead. Exactly the same as last year. The entire team is way too small, too slow, and not skillful enough. Didn't fight hard enough either.

If the Sharks had kept their first half team on it would have been 50+. There were some sg ball guys who might add some punch to this team later in the year but for now, unless we were missing a heap of first team players (can only think of Lemuelu and maybe Mikaele if he stays down a grade) this team will be comprehensively beaten every week.

Israel Seufale was the clear standout. He made a good impact slotting in all over the backline, but the rest of the team was very, very average. Albeit against a very strong Sharks side.

Forwards got completely dominated. Halves were lost. Backs had nothing. Gibbs got completely man handled by Xerri on numerous occasions. We should be looking to sign this kid (along with every other NRL team)

But then the Sharks do a lot of recruitment for the SG Ball side, recruiting top kids from all over the state. We don't. They have a team of monsters and we pick the best of the local boys that don't get picked up by someone else.

Hopefully they can work really hard and improve as i'd like to watch them play this season but i sadly can't see how they'll be able to compete anytime soon
whats your thoughts on Alex Seyfarth? looks another matt woods to me

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:27 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 1:07 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:

Everytime I've seen him play i haven't seen anything at all. A ranga who quietly makes a few tackles and then the occasional minor hit up. His red hair and size make him standout but when we were getting pumped he didn't do anything to suggest he has what it takes to play ISP.

He's young though, might kick on now that he's training more

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:41 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:27 pm
fergiefurr wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

Everytime I've seen him play i haven't seen anything at all. A ranga who quietly makes a few tackles and then the occasional minor hit up. His red hair and size make him standout but when we were getting pumped he didn't do anything to suggest he has what it takes to play ISP.

thats what i think too. he doesnt stand out at all yet has made quiet a few rep sides. then again so did matt woods, lovett, santi etc

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:56 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:41 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:27 pm
fergiefurr wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

thats what i think too. he doesnt stand out at all yet has made quiet a few rep sides. then again so did matt woods, lovett, santi etc
Once you make a rep side it's like the Aussie cricket side, it's harder to get out than get back in. Too much work for selectors.