Liam Pakau

Wests Tigers National Youth Competition Discussion
User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6692
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Liam Pakau

Unread post by Sabre » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 12:36 pm

Could be one to keep an eye on in U20s this year.
I like what I have seen of him.




User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 1:49 pm

Solid build.
How tall?

User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6692
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Sabre » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 1:52 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 1:49 pm
Solid build.
How tall?
90kg and 176cm.
Only turned 18 last month so could still grow a bit.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 1:53 pm

I think he'll never play first grade.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5068
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Milky » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 1:55 pm

His size is definitely a worry, especially his height.


User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6692
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Sabre » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 1:57 pm

Milky wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 1:55 pm
His size is definitely a worry, especially his height.
Only 4cm shorter than Nofa.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 1:59 pm

Matt Utai style.

No thanks to midgets in the backline....
Odd thread tho cos this guy is off radar, doesnt even stand out in the team....

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 3:51 pm

Another Heleta by the sounds of hit. Realistically you can only have one player under 180cm in your backline these days. Or they've got to have a great aerial ability. Bombs away otherwise. Nof is already too small to take a contested bomb more than half the time.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:33 pm

He's taller than Adam Reynolds, Isaac Luke, Jake Granville & James Segeyaro
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:45 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:33 pm
He's taller than Adam Reynolds, Isaac Luke, Jake Granville & James Segeyaro
Hes a winger / centre tho....

Not a hooker... like all u mentioned beside reynolds who is a half.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:49 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:45 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:33 pm
He's taller than Adam Reynolds, Isaac Luke, Jake Granville & James Segeyaro
Hes a winger / centre tho....

Not a hooker... like all u mentioned beside reynolds who is a half.
He's taller than Solomone Kata, Tuimoala Lolohea, Tyrone Roberts who have all played in the backs this year. He's also taller than Milford who started out as a fullback
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:52 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:49 pm
Demps wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:45 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 4:33 pm
He's taller than Adam Reynolds, Isaac Luke, Jake Granville & James Segeyaro
Hes a winger / centre tho....

Not a hooker... like all u mentioned beside reynolds who is a half.
He's taller than Solomone Kata, Tuimoala Lolohea, Tyrone Roberts who have all played in the backs this year. He's also taller than Milford who started out as a fullback

Well hes too short to be a competitive first grade winger.
Maybe he could be like kata and be a cannon ball centre... but i doubt it.

Wont play first grade.
Good luck to him in 20s and cup if he ever makes it.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30289
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by willow » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 9:04 pm

Yep, on first look he reminds me of Heleta, but I also think that height will count against him, particularly if he's not an outright speedster. Hope he performs strongly in NYC all the same.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 9:09 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 13 Apr, 2017 3:51 pm
Another Heleta by the sounds of hit. Realistically you can only have one player under 180cm in your backline these days. Or they've got to have a great aerial ability. Bombs away otherwise. Nof is already too small to take a contested bomb more than half the time.
Look I see a bloke taking a bomb at the start of the Sterlo show every week in one of the most magic catches of all time

What's his name again ??

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 8977
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 82 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 9:12 pm

439m? I don't run that much in a year!

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2729
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:27 am

Liked him, has a bit of Utai about him but also has some footwork. One to watch which will be easy, cause the team is absolutely horrible

Post Reply

Return to “National Youth Competition”