NYC Team Announcement: Round 11

Wests Tigers National Youth Competition Discussion
User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30387
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

NYC Team Announcement: Round 11

Unread post by willow » Tue 16 May, 2017 4:34 pm

NYC Team Announcement: Round 11

Tue 16th May, 03:55PM

Wests Tigers Holden Cup Coach Chris Hutchison has named his team to take on the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium for their Round 11 clash this Friday, May 19.

Kickoff for the match is at 5:10pm AEST as Wests Tigers look to bounce back from a tough last-start defeat to the South Sydney Rabbitohs and stay in touch with the top eight.

With Ryan Papenhuyzen and Connelly Lemuelu both ruled out with injury, Hutchison has named Toa Mata'afa at fullback, while centre Oscar Tui plays his first game of the season.

Wests Magpies SG Ball graduate Gus Garzaniti will make his Holden Cup debut at halfback.

WESTS TIGERS

1. Toa Mata'afa
2. James Tautaiolefua
3. Liam Pakau
4. Oscar Tui
5. Peter Pakoti
6. Josh Bermingham
7. Gus Garzaniti
8. Siaosi Nasilai
9. Daniel Peck (capt.)
10. TJ Carter
11. Alex Seyfarth
12. Trent Pye
13. Rhys Sciglitano

Interchange:
14. Jake Scott
15. Royce Tout
16. Ben Seufale
18. Jarrod Tompkins

Reserves:
19. Jamin Williams
20. Justin Frain
21. Ben Powers
23. Blake Higgins
25. Corey Kurnoth

Coach: Chris Hutchison


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24998
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 347 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 16 May, 2017 4:46 pm

I think they have given up..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2685
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 16 May, 2017 4:51 pm

This team will lose by 50+. A weak squad just keeps getting weaker and weaker. Can't compete without the few stars there were.

And is this now the 7th different halfback this season? Madness.

Marlincobia1
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon 06 Feb, 2017 3:32 pm

Unread post by Marlincobia1 » Tue 16 May, 2017 5:52 pm

Tigers website said "most disappointing game of the season" but coach still goes with same forwards that dropped so much ball, only inclusion is the backrower for Frain, and yet another halfback!

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30387
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 16 May, 2017 7:36 pm

No size, no speed and very little talent in this year's squad. Disappointing considering it's the best of Wests, Balmain and arguably Keebra Park.


razor7
Member
Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 7:42 am
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by razor7 » Wed 17 May, 2017 4:29 pm

This team is really poor

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2685
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Thu 18 May, 2017 1:10 pm

Add Mikaele, Lemuelu, Giles, Papenhuyzen, Paseka and Suli and they would be quite competitive. Obviously Suli got a quick promotion and Paseka released and then suddenly a few injuries and bang, season's over.

But results don't matter. If a Mikaele and Lemuelu and maybe a few other SG ball kids like Seyfarth can get fit and kick on in the second half of the season we may get some decent prospects for next season yet.

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2754
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Thu 18 May, 2017 1:23 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 1:10 pm
Add Mikaele, Lemuelu, Giles, Papenhuyzen, Paseka and Suli and they would be quite competitive. Obviously Suli got a quick promotion and Paseka released and then suddenly a few injuries and bang, season's over.

But results don't matter. If a Mikaele and Lemuelu and maybe a few other SG ball kids like Seyfarth can get fit and kick on in the second half of the season we may get some decent prospects for next season yet.
i saw somewhere on social media that Mikaele has signed with Brisbane for next year, anyone else hear this?

ALX22
Member
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon 25 Jan, 2016 2:29 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by ALX22 » Thu 18 May, 2017 6:53 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 1:23 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 1:10 pm
Add Mikaele, Lemuelu, Giles, Papenhuyzen, Paseka and Suli and they would be quite competitive. Obviously Suli got a quick promotion and Paseka released and then suddenly a few injuries and bang, season's over.

But results don't matter. If a Mikaele and Lemuelu and maybe a few other SG ball kids like Seyfarth can get fit and kick on in the second half of the season we may get some decent prospects for next season yet.
i saw somewhere on social media that Mikaele has signed with Brisbane for next year, anyone else hear this?
Hmm.

User avatar
wt00
Member
Member
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by wt00 » Fri 19 May, 2017 5:57 pm

Halftime here at @suncorpstadium and our young guns hold a strong 16-4 lead. 👍

James Tautaiolefua with a first-half double.
The star of the team is the team.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9115
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Fri 19 May, 2017 6:37 pm

16-12 now... luckily their kicker keeps missing.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9115
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Fri 19 May, 2017 6:38 pm

10 to go

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9115
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Fri 19 May, 2017 6:41 pm

Tigers in again... 22-12 with 5 to go.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9115
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Fri 19 May, 2017 6:46 pm

Full-time: Tigers 22 Broncos 12

Great result. Hopefully we can do the double.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 19 May, 2017 7:12 pm

Is that a decent sized goal kicking winger out there for the tigers?

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25239
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 244 times
Been liked: 194 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 19 May, 2017 7:42 pm

Humble pie and egg on faces is served lol

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18712
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 188 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 May, 2017 7:44 pm

Gus Garzaniti. What a name.

Marlincobia1
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon 06 Feb, 2017 3:32 pm

Unread post by Marlincobia1 » Sat 20 May, 2017 11:13 am

razor7 wrote:
Wed 17 May, 2017 4:29 pm
This team is really poor
😂😂😂😂22-12 😂😂😂😂

Post Reply

Return to “National Youth Competition”