junior05 wrote:
Fri 09 Mar, 2018 8:45 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 2:19 pm
junior05 wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:30 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:23 am
This looks like a much stronger team than the one that played the Sharks. If those were our backup players then there's no wonder we got smoked.

Halves still the weak spot but at least the backs have some firepower on paper at least!

Mikaele and McIntyre will add muscle to the pack too, hopefully, the rest of the pack can shape up around them...
Will moving Connelly Lemuelu to 5/8 help ?? and who will go to the center spot.
It might, but the coach will give his halves first shot and that's fair enough. Lemuelu is a ball player and can create something for any of his teammates. Whether that's putting his winger away or linking up in a more traditional playmaking role we'll have to see.

Depends how the WT see him too. If they see him as an outside back capable of playing NRL in the next year or two then play him where they seem him developing. Don't hinder his development by playing him in a position just to fill a gap.

But then he can play anywhere from 1-6, he's got good size, speed, and skills. At this stage, i'd have him ahead of Gibbs, but then I've got no idea on how they train. From his interviews, Connelly sounds very level headed and determined, but you never know how much of those articles are scripted/coached...
Thanks, Balmain Boy. Just hope he is part of the clubs plans for the future. As he got the skill set and size we need.
He's had both his preseasons with the first team squad so the club obviously do rate him. With injuries he never got any momentum last year. At the moment i'd say he's the only player at the club, in any grade, with his combination size, skill and pace. He's got to get and stay on the field though and show us what he's got.

I imagine he's off contract this year so if he gets off to a good start to the year hopefully we can lock him up for a few more years before the Titans and Broncos come knocking.

Unsurprisingly he's tight with Mikaele and going off the doco the other night they moved closer to Concord in the off season. Hopefully these two will kick on when the likes of Seve and Liolevave didn't. These two do have better attitudes looking in from the outside. Less gangster crap on social media too.

It's a shame its going to be so hard to watch the flegg boys this season. Standalone games are never easy to get to on a busy weekend of sport. Hopefully there's the occasionally triple header.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:06 pm

The boys got rolled 30-10 by the Bulldogs.

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:30 pm

Are there any stand out juniors in our system we should be looking out for?

willow

Post by willow » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 4:12 am

WswWt wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:30 pm
Are there any stand out juniors in our system we should be looking out for?
Dylan Smith, Heath Gibbs, Thomas Mikaele, Alex Seyfarth, Sam McIntyre...I think we have a decent squad but they certainly got rolled today.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 9:28 am

It's a shame WT didn't mention anything about this game whatsoever.

No team lineups. No score updates. Not even a fulltime summary. Nothing. It's almost as if the game never existed.

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 10:35 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 9:28 am

No team lineups. No score updates. Not even a fulltime summary. Nothing. It's almost as if the game never existed.
The boys hardly completed a set without dropping the ball. Connelly didn’t play and the dogs ran riot thru the left edge and they played with no shape. The halves played short most of the time so was easy for the defensive line to read.
They have potential and some talent so I’m putting this loss down to first round nerves and new combinations.
Here is a link for live updates I found
http://live.nswrl.com.au/comp/bc58298b822b331e0

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 10:40 am

FOD001 wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 10:35 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 9:28 am

The boys hardly completed a set without dropping the ball. Connelly didn’t play and the dogs ran riot thru the left edge and they played with no shape. The halves played short most of the time so was easy for the defensive line to read.
They have potential and some talent so I’m putting this loss down to first round nerves and new combinations.
Here is a link for live updates I found
http://live.nswrl.com.au/comp/bc58298b822b331e0
Cheers mate