Jersey Flegg Team Announcement: Round 3

Wests Tigers National Youth Competition Discussion
willow

Post by willow » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 8:47 pm

Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 20 Mar 2018, 03:58 PM

Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Coach Craig Wilson has named his team to take on the Sydney Roosters this Saturday, March 20 at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Kickoff for the match is at 3:00pm following the club's Intrust Super Premiership game at 1:00pm.

After a tough last start defeat to the Newcastle Knights, Wilson's side will be looking to post their first win of the season as they take on a Roosters side also yet to taste victory in season 2018.

WESTS TIGERS JERSEY FLEGG

1. Dylan Smith
2. Shondre Lee Silva
3. Connelly Lemuelu
4. Heath Gibbs
5. Israel Seufale
6. Gus Garzaniti
7. Ben Stevanovic
8. TJ Carter (capt.)
9. Jake Scott
10. Thomas Mikaele
11. Alex Seyfarth
12. Sam McIntyre
13. Ben Seufale

Interchange:
14. James Tautaiolefua
15. Harrison Leonard
16. Kane McQuiggin
17. Alatanu Wright
18. Riley Cheshire
19. Bennett Wheelhouse
20. Curtis Wilson

Coach: Craig Wilson

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:36 pm

Surely there's some people on here who went to the ISP game who've also hung around for the jersey flegg game?

How are our boys doing?

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 6:31 pm

Well for anyone that is interested, and it does look like there's basically no fans and no one at Wests Tigers that does have any interest, but we got smashed again today.

36-14. Got steam rolled in the second half yet again.

Heads need to roll. Looking like the wooden spoon favourites, we only narrowly avoided it last season.

Recruitment is non existent. Such a small and unskilled squad. Don't know how much the coach had to do with assembling the squad but he might be lucky to play out the season.

The Roosters hadn't won a game in flegg yet this season either, until today.

We've gone from a regular top 4 side to a complete laughing stock.

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 7:38 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 6:31 pm
Well for anyone that is interested, and it does look like there's basically no fans and no one at Wests Tigers that does have any interest, but we got smashed again today.

Heads need to roll. Looking like the wooden spoon favourites, we only narrowly avoided it last season.

Recruitment is non existent. Such a small and unskilled squad. Don't know how much the coach had to do with assembling the squad but he might be lucky to play out the season.

Considering the middles drop the ball and they don’t complete their sets the ball rarely gets to the fullback who pushes all game trying to get some something happening. There’s no 2nd faze or creativity.
I’m confident they’ll get better as the combinations are new and a couple out with injuries.
As far as the coach goes I don’t know anything about him, maybe somebody else can shed some light
Have faith.....

Trust me they start well

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:53 am

FOD001 wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 7:38 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:

Considering the middles drop the ball and they don’t complete their sets the ball rarely gets to the fullback who pushes all game trying to get some something happening. There’s no 2nd faze or creativity.
I’m confident they’ll get better as the combinations are new and a couple out with injuries.
As far as the coach goes I don’t know anything about him, maybe somebody else can shed some light
Have faith.....

Trust me they start well
So you saw the game mate?

Smith looks promising? That would be encouraging. Our bench looks poor. But outside Mikaele and McIntyre I haven't seen any quality in the forwards. So it wouldn't surprise me if we drop off after the first 20-30 as we seem to.

We should have a much stronger squad than we do.

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 5:41 pm

I think it will be a long season but if they can hold onto the ball and defend like their lives depend on it things can change very quickly and a win isn’t that far away. Maybe they need Ivan to run a session or 2.
Actually with Benji injured maybe he could help the coach with their attack?

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 5:57 pm

How's Dylan Smith going?
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 6:05 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:

While I didnt see the game, I read some of your comments on the ISP game, you seem to over react a bit (no offence)
"Heads need to roll"???
Its rd 3, U/20's
Sacking coaches after a few weeks isnt teaching the boys a good ethos on hard work, perserverance and not giving up when things get tough, is it?
I suggest you chill a bit.
You know how the NRL team is so far behind everyone else with training facilities etc etc?
I would hazard a guess the juniors is even moreso...Im sure theyre all doing their best

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:49 am

Tacky wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 5:57 pm
How's Dylan Smith going?
He looks the goods in a beaten side along with Tom Mikaele and Sam McIntyre

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 9:20 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 6:05 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:

While I didnt see the game, I read some of your comments on the ISP game, you seem to over react a bit (no offence)
"Heads need to roll"???
Its rd 3, U/20's
Sacking coaches after a few weeks isnt teaching the boys a good ethos on hard work, perserverance and not giving up when things get tough, is it?
I suggest you chill a bit.
You know how the NRL team is so far behind everyone else with training facilities etc etc?
I would hazard a guess the juniors is even moreso...Im sure theyre all doing their best
It's not so much over reacting as frustration. We've been severely underperforming with our juniors for a several years now, yet keep making the same mistakes. That's madness.

But if you keep doing the same things and expect changes to happen then that's just stupid too. You need to make the change. How? By reviewing our performance across a number of criteria and changing the system, people or strategies in place where approproate.

Okay maybe round 3 is a bit early to jump the gun, and the boys could still turn it around this season, the signs do show the same patterns occurring. And with a junior base as big as ours why should fans settle that we'll just be whipping boys at matts, ball and flegg level every year?

We haven't been this bad for decades.