ImageImageImage
Saturday 25 September 2010 7:30PM
ANZ Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
Tigerdave

Re: Wear your jersey with pride, tomorrow

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:47 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:We have SUPERHEROES in black and gold colors! :sign:
yeah we've done it tough over the last few weeks, lots of injuries, players not able to train. They've done well, hopefully we get more luck in the injury department next year.

JRD

Post by JRD » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:47 pm

Better team lost pink ladies stuffed us in 1st half east will smash these pretenders

Ian AKA Tiger Ted
Location: Warrimoo west of Sydney East of Perth North of Hobart & South of Cape York .

Post by Ian AKA Tiger Ted » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:48 pm

I am so proud of the boys , thanks for a great year :sign:
' DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE '

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:49 pm

You can't tell me that it shouldn't have been a penalty for knees on Lote... :evil:

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:50 pm

Ian AKA Tiger Ted wrote:I am so proud of the boys , thanks for a great year :sign:
Was a great year. I am bitter though. We lost to the Roosters dubiously. We lost to the Dragons tightly with many calls going their way.

Great season Tigers. Hopefully the signal of a burgeoning superpower.

caughtnapping

Post by caughtnapping » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:52 pm

They were in it till the last second... DAMMIT!

Great year Tigers... you played your hearts out, and we'll get them next year.

GO THE TIGES!!

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:52 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Ian AKA Tiger Ted wrote:I am so proud of the boys , thanks for a great year :sign:
Was a great year. I am bitter though. We lost to the Roosters dubiously. We lost to the Dragons tightly with many calls going their way.

Great season Tigers. Hopefully the signal of a burgeoning superpower.
So, all is forgiven with Sheensy, then? 8-) 8-)

norm

Post by norm » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:52 pm

Good on ya Boys so proud of you regardless of the result

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:54 pm

Frustrated with that!

We played gallantly, but also got lost. 2-3 poor options beat us tonight. Gota feel for Robbie. He knows!

They will win the comp now...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

JRD

Post by JRD » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 9:56 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:You can't tell me that it shouldn't have been a penalty for knees on Lote... :evil:
Dwyer's tackle last week was no worst than smith raising a knee into lote.Although i never thought we would get this far into the comp im left with such an empty feeling because we were as good or IMO better than them tonight and to not score a point in the second half is hard to believe.Only if the penaltys were of an even share in the first half it could have mae a diference

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 10:12 pm

I wasn't going to mention this but in hindsight has it been the NRL's goal to have the Illawarra Drogons in the grand final at the expense of more deserving competitors.
At a supposedly 'Neutral' venue the song 'The Saints Are Coming' kept going right until the Tigers kicked off and an insurmountable penalty count ensured that the Tigers had no energy for the second half, I smell a 'Conspiracy'!.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 10:16 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Frustrated with that!

We played gallantly, but also got lost. 2-3 poor options beat us tonight. Gota feel for Robbie. He knows!

They will win the comp now...
Just got back from the game and I agree that there were a couple of poor options that killed us. The referring wasn't fair but you gotta live with that.

Lote was on fire. The rest of the boys were alright. The dragons defended like demons.

It was a great season.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 10:57 pm

We were in this until the last 10 mins then dumb plays cost us big time, refs did us no favours all game either.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

1st was Benji kicking it out on the full. He had heaps of time but stuffed it. His kicking game prior to this was excellent. This kick gave Saints field position from which they kicked the field goal.

2nd was the kick from Ryan with 10 seconds to go. What did he think was going to happen? Did he think that Fitzy was going to outpace Boyd to the ball? There was only going to be one result from that kick and that was full time. After a fantastic run from big Keith, Ryan should have headed in field and taken the tackle. We had Saints stretched and they were all out of position. Take the tackle and a quick play the ball and there was every chance we could have scored or got a penalty right on full time. Even if we did not I would have preferred to loose after a play the ball with a chance of scoring than a dumb kick that could only lead to one result. Gees I miss Tuiaki.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

JRD

Post by JRD » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:46 pm

mike wrote:2nd was the kick from Ryan with 10 seconds to go. What did he think was going to happen? Did he think that Fitzy was going to outpace Boyd to the ball? There was only going to be one result from that kick and that was full time. After a fantastic run from big Keith, Ryan should have headed in field and taken the tackle. We had Saints stretched and they were all out of position. Take the tackle and a quick play the ball and there was every chance we could have scored or got a penalty right on full time. Even if we did not I would have preferred to loose after a play the ball with a chance of scoring than a dumb kick that could only lead to one result. Gees I miss Tuiaki.
Do you expect ryan to have eyes in the back of his head to know exactaly how many seconds were left?We did enough to win the game but just didnt score the points.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:50 pm

Gutted....that is all....
:sign:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Guy

Post by Guy » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:54 pm

mike wrote:2nd was the kick from Ryan with 10 seconds to go. What did he think was going to happen? Did he think that Fitzy was going to outpace Boyd to the ball? There was only going to be one result from that kick and that was full time. After a fantastic run from big Keith, Ryan should have headed in field and taken the tackle. We had Saints stretched and they were all out of position. Take the tackle and a quick play the ball and there was every chance we could have scored or got a penalty right on full time. Even if we did not I would have preferred to loose after a play the ball with a chance of scoring than a dumb kick that could only lead to one result. Gees I miss Tuiaki.
I agree, he had a shocker, was picked up and taken back at least 5m it felt like every time he had the ball

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 7:53 am

JRD wrote:
Do you expect ryan to have eyes in the back of his head to know exactaly how many seconds were left?We did enough to win the game but just didnt score the points.
Eyes in the back of his head no. But as a First Grade player in a final I expect at least some minimal awareness of where the game is at. Looking back at the replay now we had even more time. There was 20 seconds to go and it was the first tackle, at least time for two more rucks. Still a very dumb play to kick in that situation. Even if he thought there was five minutes to go did he still think Fitzhenry was going to outpace Boyd? He kicked on the first tackle for crying out loud, for someone who is now well and truly past it.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999