Absolutely Disgusted!!!!

ImageImageImage
Saturday 25 September 2010 7:30PM
ANZ Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
Magpie Magic

Re: Absolutely Disgusted!!!!

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 7:51 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:now you know how wests magpies felt in in 1978 - blatantly ripped off against manly. so proud of the boys that - it will make us a better team in the future
Its funny but after We were deafened by that crap music on kickoff it only took a few minutes too see we had a couple of extra backs in Creagh and Cooper i instantly remembered that game in 78.

They obviously thought that we Wests Tigers fans can put up with this crap whereas maybe Dragons fans are reaching the end of their tether.

And then I thought the loud music,the one sided refeering................its probably just lke ROCK & ROLL WRESTLING anyway. :shock:

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 8:00 pm

Why doesn't the club take the nrl on about this otherwise it will be the same next year

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 8:10 pm

cunno wrote:Why doesn't the club take the nrl on about this otherwise it will be the same next year
And next year we will have Brisbane to worry about.

Surely they can"t let that rent a crowd down.

Sad to say its a joke that can"t be taken to seriously.

But somehow I Keep getting sucked in. :deadhorse:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 8:14 pm

Im not following you MM.....wrong thread perhaps?

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 8:17 pm

MM are you referring to the Broncos salary cap??

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 8:37 pm

cunno wrote:MM are you referring to the Broncos salary cap??
Yes the cap and the Storm expose seem very suspicious to me.

And in my rage of getting robbed on Sat I remembered the 2006 GF and realised it can happen on Grand Finals also.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 9:20 pm

angeman wrote:so Jeremy Smith has just been cited - in other words it was a bleepin penalty!
He's taken the early guilty plea to avoid being suspended for the Grand Final, so yes it should have been a penalty :evil:

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 9:30 pm

Leroy The Tigers Fan wrote:
angeman wrote:so Jeremy Smith has just been cited - in other words it was a bleepin penalty!
He's taken the early guilty plea to avoid being suspended for the Grand Final, so yes it should have been a penalty :evil:
And a massive game changer.

Bryce got 3 weeks for less last year.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 9:33 am

I cannot fathom how we did not get a penalty in the last ten.

The Darius Boyd play the ball was unbelievable.He was dominated in the tackle,wriggled out to the side and didnt even touch the ball with his foot and he was facing near sideways.

And then Smith Knees Lote in the back.

What do you have to do to get a penalty in a tight game if you have a tiger jumper on....get decapitated??

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 12:17 pm

If it was the other way around you can be sure St.George would have got a penalty on both counts.
Seeing its us, they don't seem to care ........ sometimes makes you wonder why

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 12:25 pm

I have watched the game 22 times and why Phil Gould says it shouldn't be a penalty is just pathetic. He said: "That's footbal"!! What the f*** does he mean by that? So some guy knees you and is too lazy to withdraw his knees and you don't even get a penalty!!

Gould needs to get his facts right before commenting on such issues!! Mr. Gould, you are not a refree, stop trying to make decisions for them!!!
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 1:20 pm

Bryce Gibbs one.....which I think was no where near as nasty cost us a game and he got suspended.

I just dont get it???

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm not quite sure what the issue is/was with the Darius Boyd play the ball. Admittedly, I've not seen it since game night but i thought he made several attempts to play the ball with his foot. The play-the-ball rule interpretation was changed in January 2007, so that you no longer have to touch the ball with your foot. A correct play the ball only requires that a - "genuine attempt must be made to play the ball with the foot"

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 1:49 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Bryce Gibbs one.....which I think was no where near as nasty cost us a game and he got suspended.

I just dont get it???
Leading with knees is either a penalty or it isn't. If it isn't, the rule book needs to be changed. When Bryce got suspended we didn't like it but accepted that you can't do it. Hayne does it in the gf qualifier last year and there was no case to answer, although at least it was penalised. It happens this year and its not even worth a penalty. There have been a few in this final series that have or could have hurt us.
The Roosters game - Lote being held back off the ball late in the second half - play on. And the famous scrum.
The Canberra game - Campese crawling 5m forward to play the ball. He was tackled 12m out and played it 7 out. Play on and try on the next play.
The Dragons Game - The knees, the play the ball, the markers constantly offside. The 5 nil penalty count after 25 mins.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 2:08 pm

tig_prmz wrote:I have watched the game 22 times and why Phil Gould says it shouldn't be a penalty is just pathetic. He said: "That's footbal"!! What the f*** does he mean by that? So some guy knees you and is too lazy to withdraw his knees and you don't even get a penalty!!

Gould needs to get his facts right before commenting on such issues!! Mr. Gould, you are not a refree, stop trying to make decisions for them!!!
gould is a big punter, u could tell who he had his money on this game, even sterlo for all his levelheadedness he was ranting and raving straight away that it was not a penalty and it was play on. sterlo is a pathetic punter also, im sure they both breathed a massive sigh of relief when they knew the dragons won.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 4:39 pm

It surprised me wtaching the game when i got home how very very quickly those two dismissed the incident...way too quickly compared to any other incident of foul play

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 5:06 pm

Geo. wrote:History Lesson 101....

The refs hate us...

1962 Grand Final Darcy Lawler calls play on the Dragons score the winning try
1977 Semi final Heartless calls Graham O'Grady off side when he was the 1 who kicked the ball//dissalowed try...
That was 1963 and 1978 champ.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 5:21 pm

innsaneink wrote:It surprised me wtaching the game when i got home how very very quickly those two dismissed the incident...way too quickly compared to any other incident of foul play
heard that mug on talkin sport mr hughes saying yesterday that the knees were accidental and was not a penalty. hughes hates the tigers and like gould and sterling are continually talking through their wallets. hughes brought up the dwyer tackle of the season as a penalty, even though the 3 stooges, 2 linesman and the review panel said it was a legitimate tackle. this is the sort of media crap and bias that filters back to the clowns with the whistle each week. as said before the refs have already denied the tigers their deserving place for this weekends game. to the roorters and st.chokers ... may there be endless bum calls and hopefully a team loses on another ref blunder. hope its the st.chokers that lose so i can have a good weekend this time around.
sounds like sour grapes ... damn right !
I dislike sowfs immensely