Absolutely Disgusted!!!!

ImageImageImage
Saturday 25 September 2010 7:30PM
ANZ Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
cunno

Re: Referees

Post by cunno » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:22 am

I take your point supercoach what you say is correct. I don't like losing when we don't get a fair go it detracts from the contest and belittles the game.

Tap Twist Snap

Post by Tap Twist Snap » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:24 am

Last thing I wanted to do last night was even think about football ever again after the joke that that was the refereeing last night. Didn't work I tossed and turned all night barely slept. Not because of the opportunities we missed but because we got screwed over by some of the most biased refereeing I have ever seen. The amount of times the Dragons came up with the foot... it was at least 4... Not one penalty. We do it once and he milks it instant penalty. Either it is a penalty or it's not. Other times the refs called Dragons players off side. Never blew the penalty. 3 markers again no penalty. There was one time where you could clearly hear cummins call hand on the ball on the telecast and Hayne just didn't blow the penalty. This is all without the knees in the back which many think should have been a send off. We couldn't even get a penalty. If it was one of our players then it would have been a whole other story.

Dragons were gifted that game from Hayne. Just like the he gifted the Roosters their win against us. He goes out there and referees us and lets the other team do whatever they want. While I love our club at the moment I really feel our sport just stinks and I really couldn't even be bothered watching the Grand Final. The winner has probably already been deciced.

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:27 am

I actually think we got the ar$e end of all the ref calls the entire finals series

thylacine

Post by thylacine » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:40 am

You are right. The Roosters are the most penalised team yet we managed to have more penalties against us when we played them. The fact is once the Roosters made the playoffs the powers that be wanted them and the Dragons in a Grand Final. The refereeing last night was disgraceful. I'm so proud of our players that they were able to keep it as close as it was.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:41 am

bbobb wrote:I actually think we got the ar$e end of all the ref calls the entire finals series
well, not only did we get dudded, but so did the Warriors....who should have been there since the Roosters should have been bundled out in the opening finals, we should have had a week off, the Raiders should have played the Warriors in Canberra and the Titans play the Panthers at Suncorp.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:49 am

Shane Hayne should be sacked, useless tosser. Tried to rob us against Parra, robbed us against Roosters and robbed us last night.

Newy Tiger

Post by Newy Tiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:55 am

We can winge and moan and cry, but no matter what we say it is done now our season is over.The call was a terrible one how we didnt even get a penalty for leading with the knees is a disgrace.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:05 am

hayne is a EDIT BY ADMIN - he screwed us good time - thats all i want to say about the refs - but what can you do - its done and dusted now and the rest is history.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:22 am

the dragons were favourites to win the game, so the ref's did their best to assist the favoured team.
its happended before and will happen again.
regardless great effort for 2010 season by wests-tigers
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:41 am

It will be interesting on grand final day!

Who will be the bad boys, Dragons or roosters ?????

I cant lose next week, hate both teams so to see one of them crying like babies will make my day
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:42 am

Some ordinary posts here imo...understanderble i guess due to the situation.

But I think most penalties I saw were warranted, the thing that got me was they were'nt going both ways.
We got pinged for offside numerous times yet they clearly were too and nothing was done.
The Lote knees thing I initially thought was accidental as did Gould & Sterlo, I stand by that.
1 situation though stands out in my mind, two clear as day set re-starts.
1. saints held up over our line, we are defending on our goal line but the ref takes the play the ball back 13m out?
A few mins later we get a tap on our 20, after they kick it dead I think...they are all exactly 10m back.
It definitely wasnt going our way

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:57 am

History Lesson 101....

The refs hate us...

1962 Grand Final Darcy Lawler calls play on the Dragons score the winning try
1977 Semi final Heartless calls Graham O'Grady off side when he was the 1 who kicked the ball//dissalowed try...
1988 Grand final Lamb takes out the Pearl ...nothing done
1989 Grand Final...Bill Harrigan...need I say more
2010...1st semi...'the Scrum'
2010...Final..knees in the back and not 1 penalty in the first 60 for off side or ruck infringements ...ooops 1 for Beau Ryan 1.5m out from our line...

and that's just some of the big games off the top of my head....regular season well we got 1 decent rub against the Sharkies this season...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:13 am

innsaneink wrote:Some ordinary posts here imo...understanderble i guess due to the situation.

But I think most penalties I saw were warranted, the thing that got me was they were'nt going both ways.
We got pinged for offside numerous times yet they clearly were too and nothing was done.
The Lote knees thing I initially thought was accidental as did Gould & Sterlo, I stand by that.
1 situation though stands out in my mind, two clear as day set re-starts.
1. saints held up over our line, we are defending on our goal line but the ref takes the play the ball back 13m out?
A few mins later we get a tap on our 20, after they kick it dead I think...they are all exactly 10m back.
It definitely wasnt going our way

What the hell are you saying? Sounds like dribble to me.

Accidental knees in the tackle????

Someone please show me how you can hit someone with a knee (knee first in the back) during a tackle. Gibbs got penalised (an eight point try if I am not mistaken) during the year for the same thing.

I did not know who the referees were last night. However when I saw it was Hayne, I just knew that we would be lucky to win.

There is no doubt that the best team in the comp is not playing next week.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:31 am

What is also upsetting is that the 2 Sunday papers don't even mention all the bad calls the Wests Tigers got. It would have been easier to take the International day of the Tiger ( which ironically is today) if the back pages had headlines like " The Wests Tigers ripped off by Refs" ..."St George won with 15 men on the field"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:36 am

Aladinsane wrote:What is also upsetting is that the 2 Sunday papers don't even mention all the bad calls the Wests Tigers got. It would have been easier to take the International day of the Tiger ( which ironically is today) if the back pages had headlines like " The Wests Tigers ripped off by Refs" ..."St George won with 15 men on the field"
All except this bloke Alad..

* Tony Adams
* September 26, 2010 12:02AM

Tigers bite their tongue over Smith's knee on Tuqiri

Great quotes directly from Sheens as well..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:39 am

when a player leads with with his knees, even when falling into a tackle there is always time change your point of impact. this was a clear cut penalty. the boyd non-play the ball what were they watching. where was hayne the imbo last year for the gibbs incident with knees ! the absolute bloody disgrace of the nrl ie referees have already decided the outcome of the competition no matter who wins next week. the roosters are only there because of THAT scrum ( hayne again ) and the dragons were always going to get the rub of the green frrom those imbo's last night especially when you hear all week about gibb's line speed in defence and how he is flying close to the line. well done hayne, even though you dont deserve to one of the two clowns doing the gf next week the nrl have nothing else to choose from.
ps, hope you enjoy your winnings in the off season hayne, you goose !!
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:45 am

I can see it couldve been a penalty, there was a split second in it
Probably shouldve been a penaly, most high shots are accidents too - still a penalty.
Refs too scared once again to make a tough call

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:45 am

and just to rub it in the two names in various match reports have been Jeremy Smith (nine) and Boyd(Herald) as man of the match. How interesting will it be if the panel look to siting Smith for Lote's tackle anddeem it chargeable.

My opinion is that the refs just don't have the balls to make a call instead just take the risk that their non decision is less controversal.

Finch has to go and bring in some one who has the balls to actually stop making excuses and re train them.