Farah

ImageImageImage
Saturday 25 September 2010 7:30PM
ANZ Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
JRD

Re: Farah

Post by JRD » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:06 pm

I was expecting the next scrum after that incident for robbie to give a big uppercut to son of big fat sargent craig young and wouldnt have given a shyte if they got the penalty because obvisouly he said something because rabs picked it up

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:06 pm

In big games u need your stars to guide you home, Robbie's kicking game was horrendous,he is a super player. Just a shame it happened tonight.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:07 pm

that grubber kick on the 3rd tackle on their line was appauling - but otherwise he bleeds black, white and gold
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:09 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:that grubber kick on the 3rd tackle on their line was appauling - but otherwise he bleeds black, white and gold

No doubt about that on both points.

Also his kick from the middle of the pitch in the first half was poor and his kick straight to Soward in the second half on the 4th tackle when we looked like scoring. Nightingale scored in the next set. It was a turning point for mine.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:13 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:that grubber kick on the 3rd tackle on their line was appauling - but otherwise he bleeds black, white and gold
That kick was one of the most important moments in the game. All he had to to was pass it to Benji out wide. We probably score from there. Instead he hogged it and came up with a terrible play.

He is a great player but he needs to cut that crap out of his game.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:42 pm

The turning point in the game was Lote not getting a penalty for the knees in the back. Two points to us, and the Saints don't get into position to kick a field goal directly following. Was at the game it it appeared Robbie played the second half in considerable distress

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:43 pm

P.S. He was one point off Dally M winner, so his season was pretty good!!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:53 pm

southerntiger wrote:I love this guy but thought he had a poor game tonight. Bad options and poor execution. It cost us dearly at critical times.

Yeah lets pay out on Farah....everything you said was true...

ONYA...

He will learn from it and become an even better player than he is now,,,

But Please Robbie give up trying to buy a penalty mate the men in pink are onta ya...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 12:27 am

I love Robbie like a fat kid loves cake...but he was well below par, and his kicking game in particular was very, very poor.

We needed him to step up tonight.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 12:31 am

I thought Farah tried hard as always and should have been rewarded with at least 3 penalties for catching markers offside. I was disappointed with his kicking game, but the Tigers kicking game has been inconsistent all season unfortunately, and tonight Farah had an off night with the boot. Despite playing behind a beaten forward pack and having 44% possession I don't think too many hookers would have outplayed him in tonight's conditions.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 12:32 am

Farah has won us more games than he has costs us if you believe he played badly tonight. I think everyone played well tonight, just a few bad reffing decisions and some brilliants kick into our in-goal by dragons cost us
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

Michaelson

Post by Michaelson » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 1:45 am

With 2 minutes to go, from broken play close to the half way line, Farah kicked it into the corner of the Dragons in goal and charged through with no support at all to try to tackle Boyd and force a drop out.

He played his guts out imo, was dangerous around the ruck without much help from the refs, and created quite a few opportunities that didn't quite come together. Pretty harsh for anyone to bag him.

Beavis

Post by Beavis » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 3:22 am

Michaelson wrote:Wth 2 minutes to go, from broken play close to the half way line, Farah kicked it into the corner of the Dragons in goal and charged through with no support at all to try to tackle Boyd and force a drop out.
I was talking to my monitor in a rather loud and forceful tone questioning where the the dire lack of support on that play was.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 7:42 am

They we all buggered.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 7:55 am

Geo. wrote: But Please Robbie give up trying to buy a penalty mate the men in pink are onta ya...
Agreed! He tried too hard and the pink blind mice traditionally don't like giving away cheap penalties in the big games. I also feel his constant attempts cost us some width on certain occasions. It wasn't always a good option...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:07 am

I actually thougt outside of his mistakes with the kicks (bad kicks not nessecarily the wrong option) he was fantastic tonight, just those 3 kicks as mentioned on here were terrible but he tried his guts out, tackled everything he could, was racially abused , captained us fantastically, was clearly busted in the 2nd half and if the refs wernt blind should have got us more penalties when they were continually offside

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:22 am

southerntiger wrote:TT

Dont disagree about the 50-50 comment and that he tried his guts out.

However, I stand by my view that Farah's short kicking game cost us dearly at critical times.

Hit the nail on the head. I counted 6 very poor short kicking options, a couple from memory on the 4th tackle. Saints accepted the ball with very little pressure, or the ball went dead.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:02 am

so why is it farahs job ... isnt the number 7 usually the guy who runs the game ....thats where farahs problem lies ... he is expected to play two major roles from hooker ....but in hindsight i see where your coming from southern......