Shot on Lote

ImageImageImage
Saturday 25 September 2010 7:30PM
ANZ Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
sunshine coast tiger

Re: Shot on Lote

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:09 am

It was a penalty in any other game. It was gutless not to call it. He wont get cited as that would mean that the refs on field and the video ref should have given the tigers the penalty on the night.

I think that decision will see none of the on-field or video refs from tonight get the grand final.

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:18 am

Oh well the NRL got the final they wanted
I knew from the first game against the roosters we were going to be up against it with refs
The referees association needs a major overhaul cause at the moment in all the games it looks like the refs a blatantly favouring one particular side over the other

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:19 am

This thread relates to so many on this site highlighting the plight of the referees. As said, in any other game oit would have been a penalty. I have been looking for the post match interviews with the coaches to see what Sheens had to say but they aren't posted on FOX or the NRL yet from what I can see.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:21 am

Its gotten to the stage now were you just have to expect the referees to favour one side and basically ruin a match with consistent disgraceful decisions.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:24 am

cunno wrote:This thread relates to so many on this site highlighting the plight of the referees. As said, in any other game oit would have been a penalty. I have been looking for the post match interviews with the coaches to see what Sheens had to say but they aren't posted on FOX or the NRL yet from what I can see.
forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=5677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=5673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hear what Sheens has to say....basically he doesn't give a stuff about the refs but so proud of our boys for fighting the way they did...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:35 am

Thanks mate a good interview. Sheens exudes his experience when you listen to him, no wonder he has survivied as long as he has the way he rationalises the game (for himself) that must help him to cope. That said I'm sure he believes what he says his attituide sounds like 'its passed move on and get on with it). I agree with most of his comments. I think we can be proud of the teams efforst to get as far as they did. As Sheens said the players will remember last next next year and they will be better for it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 1:28 pm

JRD wrote:Wouldnt be supprised if smith is charged by match reveiw comitee
I only just found out he has been charged.
Early guilty he misses nothing
Just rubbing salt into our wound

alex

Post by alex » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 1:39 pm

Wasn't even given a penalty. Makes it even worse.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 2:07 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Ouch... 12-12, what, 10 to go, 25 meters out on Benji's better side - 2 points??? :cry:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 2:38 pm

The fact that he was charged seems to point that the match review committee thinks a penalty should have been given. Will be interesting to hear Finch's response to this in the coming days. I expect the tigers officials will now say something about the lack of the penalty.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 2:49 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:Will be interesting to hear Finch's response to this in the coming days.
dont you mean comical?

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 3:03 pm

mtd wrote:
sunshine coast tiger wrote:Will be interesting to hear Finch's response to this in the coming days.
dont you mean comical?
Yes i mean comical. No doubt he will say it shouldn't have been a penalty. He will not admit his guys got a big decision wrong in a finals match. If this had occurred in the normal season he would have said a mistake was made.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 4:02 pm

knew it, just knew they'd charge him....well, we were well and truly dudded in that game too, did someone run over Finch's cat or something before the finals?

Benji has been striking them fairly well recently...probably would have kicked that one to make it 14-12......

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 6:15 pm

innsaneink wrote:
And it proves the vid ref should have intervened..Dunno what the veiwers at home got to see ...I saw i replay on the big screen that's it and it was obvious.... Lote should have clutched his head like Carney....it is a joke the only look at high tackles...Smith's citing proves it should have been a penalty...you cannot lead with your knees in a tackle....The whole referal/report/vid ref fiasco needs review...either the go for everything or nothing at all...

Actually filthy now...END RANT...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 6:31 pm

It was replayed 4 times on Nine Geo...

The fact the Referee allowed him to recover before they re-started play is an admission they knew it was foul play. If it was just the normal run of play, they would of re-positioned the play the ball and continued the game.

Cummins, Hayne & Clarke can not be considered for the Grand Final on this error alone!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 6:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:

So he's charged, yet a a total of 5 officials on the night, including one with the benefit of a replay, think that leading with the knees is perfectly legitimate? Even if it's not deemed deliberate, surely careless or reckless still attracts a penalty?

Delahunty

Post by Delahunty » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 7:08 pm

There a bloody disgrace. It goes straight to the match review committee after the game is over and we robbed of a chance to progress. If those 5 absolute turkeys couldn't blow the whistle then why does finch have them reffing at that level. Even the dragons were expecting a penalty. I'm filthy about it.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 7:23 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
mtd wrote:
dont you mean comical?
Yes i mean comical. No doubt he will say it shouldn't have been a penalty. He will not admit his guys got a big decision wrong in a finals match. If this had occurred in the normal season he would have said a mistake was made.
the way the roosters packed the infamous scrum against us was no different to any other that game... according to finch...

the variance in the calls borders on cheating.