Champions!!!

ImageImageImage
Saturday 25 September 2010 7:30PM
ANZ Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
westie18

Champions!!!

Post by westie18 » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 5:07 pm

After the initial disappointment over the result of last nights game, I turned my thoughts to this Wests Tigers team and how they have fought on this season,how they have pushed forward,how they did not stop fighting.
They proved that after the Roosters game(where they were dudded) and went to Canberra and won - champion effort!!!
the players stood as one this season and proved that they are a team,a strong team,there for each other.
They had been written off by many this year,not worthy contenders,some said,I even had someone tell me at the start of the season,that Wests would not make the finals and we made it to the second last game(even with dud calls).Last night,after ther game I stood on the porch and yelled "Tigers", because when I see a group of players who go their hardest,get up after taking hits(not like carney) and fight on,I will shout it out loud.
I respect this team more than ever after this season - because they are champions!!!
It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes they fought like Lions and if it wasn"t for a dodgy scrum against Easts they would have a trophy to show for it.

The door for the premiership opened and closed that night.

Amazed we came so close the hard way.

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 8:21 pm

All day I have had people coming to me at work commenting on how disappointed I must be and that the refereeing was one sided (the one Saints supporter was away today) and yes, I left the game disappointed but also very proud of the team and the club on the basis that very few outside the club gave us much chance of getting as far as the team did. They battled through tremendous adversity which I don't need to repeat here and still were within a whisker of making the GF. I say well done to the players, coaching staff, club, supporters. There is a lot to build on for 2011.