Is Alan Jones Right?

ImageImageImage
Saturday 25 September 2010 7:30PM
ANZ Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
willow

Re: Is Alan Jones Right?

Post by willow » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 9:38 pm

Posts have been deleted in this thread because some people cannot abide by forum rules. It's simple, keep it clean, keep it constructive or don't post at all.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 9:56 pm

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=1015498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:20 am

Leroy The Tigers Fan wrote:
How did Jones ruin Balmain?, everything I've ever read suggests that he bought a lot of sponsorship dollars and benefactors to the club, this is why they were reluctant to sack him and WHY Souths couldn't wait to snap him up.
He may have been an ordinary coach but don't hold that against him, Wayne Pearce took over from Alan and with a similar roster and look what happened, the old wooden spoon, not something that we ever were fond of!.
If he has nothing worth listening to then why is he one of the hightest paid commentators in the Country :roll:
Leroy, he may know how to get ratings but he was a dud RL coach. He had a very good squad and couldn't make the finals. My sum up of the Jones years is this: The year before he coached we made the finals, the year after we came last. Pearce had to pick up the pieces after AJ left the club in ruins.

As someone who sat through the Jones years I agree whole-heartedly with the earlier post. He was a disaster and forced legends like Freeman and Jack out of the club. He played favourites, lacked an understanding of the game, and his tactics were flawed. Even Souths didn't have him as head coach and they were hardly world-beaters themselves when he was over there.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:44 am

Yossarian wrote:
Leroy The Tigers Fan wrote:
How did Jones ruin Balmain?, everything I've ever read suggests that he bought a lot of sponsorship dollars and benefactors to the club, this is why they were reluctant to sack him and WHY Souths couldn't wait to snap him up.
He may have been an ordinary coach but don't hold that against him, Wayne Pearce took over from Alan and with a similar roster and look what happened, the old wooden spoon, not something that we ever were fond of!.
If he has nothing worth listening to then why is he one of the hightest paid commentators in the Country :roll:
Leroy, he may know how to get ratings but he was a dud RL coach. He had a very good squad and couldn't make the finals. My sum up of the Jones years is this: The year before he coached we made the finals, the year after we came last. Pearce had to pick up the pieces after AJ left the club in ruins.

As someone who sat through the Jones years I agree whole-heartedly with the earlier post. He was a disaster and forced legends like Freeman and Jack out of the club. He played favourites, lacked an understanding of the game, and his tactics were flawed. Even Souths didn't have him as head coach and they were hardly world-beaters themselves when he was over there.
he was woeful....bringing in that Union halfback to replace Wiz was one of the dumbest decisions. Wiz should have finished his career with us. Really killed the club with his ideas.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:55 am

Dont think we could complain about that. I think ive seen that done a few times over the years and never heard of a penalty, even if its within the rules. The Knees to the back was the killer.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:04 am

Also the play the ball when KG (I think) got called for a knock-on when a Saints player clearly kicked it. What's the point of having a second referee if they can't spot obvious things like that?